What's new

anyone had a G13 like this ?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
did you ever figure out what your ph is? do you have a tester or a ph meter? those last leaves look bad ph is definitely off, and that stem problem is from a deficiency.

can you take a picture of the whole plant under regular light not the hps?

S

speedemon

Hey Afternoon that stem is deffo the cause of PH being to high, I have had that before and it was because one of my old wands was not calibrated on the PH and when I checked the PH with a working meter it was 7.2 plus, when the meter was showing 6.4.

Do you let your water stand for 24 hours before adding nutes as there can be a big difference, its good practice to allow water to stand for 24 hours if possible :) as PH are not always correct if the water is fresh out of the tap.

real deal G13, but is it organic darling?

real deal G13, but is it organic darling?

wuts good wit it UK? peace

attachment.php

afternoon

did you ever figure out what your ph is? do you have a tester or a ph meter? those last leaves look bad ph is definitely off, and that stem problem is from a deficiency.

can you take a picture of the whole plant under regular light not the hps?

hi stihgnobevoli,no I didn't work out the ph having temporarily mislaid my pen..I found it this morning..and I have bought some calibration fluid to make sure it's working properly,I have water sitting in the bucket ready for watering tomorrow....

afternoon

Hey Afternoon that stem is deffo the cause of PH being to high, I have had that before and it was because one of my old wands was not calibrated on the PH and when I checked the PH with a working meter it was 7.2 plus, when the meter was showing 6.4.

Do you let your water stand for 24 hours before adding nutes as there can be a big difference, its good practice to allow water to stand for 24 hours if possible :) as PH are not always correct if the water is fresh out of the tap.

hi speedemon, I have a feeling that my readings are off so I will see when I get to calibrating it later , got water sitting at the moment.. ph 7.3 out of the tap normally which went to 6.2/6.3 when using the GH 3 part nutes...well that was according to the pen prior to me misplacing it !

Here's a question though: if the ph is too high then why doesn't the whole plant look like the shoot?...I thought the shoot being 'mutant' might account for it's celery-ness

afternoon

It'sthe morning after and I re-calibrated my ph pen,0.1 out....I remember when I did it first time that it read 6.2 but was actually several points higher...

first pic is what I use...initially drawn water is 7.2/7.3,after 24hours was same...
so into 10 litres I added...2 drops superthrive,10ml regen-a-root, 5ml Potsil, 10ml Micro and 20ml Bloom,finishing ph 6.2

2nd and 3rd pic are the G13 after watering and in natural light, so hope you can see stihgnobevoli, if not I will try again later but it's very dark here at the moment...

Attachments

• my nutes.jpg
    my nutes.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
  • G13 i.jpg
    G13 i.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 13
  • G13i i.jpg
    G13i i.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 12

Adze

It'sthe morning after and I re-calibrated my ph pen,0.1 out....I remember when I did it first time that it read 6.2 but was actually several points higher...

first pic is what I use...initially drawn water is 7.2/7.3,after 24hours was same...
so into 10 litres I added...2 drops superthrive,10ml regen-a-root, 5ml Potsil, 10ml Micro and 20ml Bloom,finishing ph 6.2

2nd and 3rd pic are the G13 after watering and in natural light, so hope you can see stihgnobevoli, if not I will try again later but it's very dark here at the moment...
Cannabis is normally a diploid plant, meaning it has two paired (homologous) sets of chromosomes. The plant you have is polyploid; it has an extra set of chromosomes, hence the extra set of leaves. Polyploidy can be induced in plants and cell cultures by some chemicals: the best known is colchicine. Autumn crocus is a common plant from which colchcine can be extracted.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
can you take another side shot with natural light or even fluorescent, just not yellow light it makes it hard to see the color of the leaves.

from the pictures you show and your details you seem to be overfeeding a bit. i would drop the micro and bloom in half at least. your leaves are really green and curling up and actually pretty tiny for a plant in veg so long and being fed so much food. which is the problem you are overfeeding a lot. just go plain water for a while till you see leaves at the bottom start to turn yellow. then feed half strength of what you are giving.

yeah you're feeding way too much.
your nutes already have everything you are adding with superthrive and that silica blast or whatever that says is just adding more potassium of which flora bloom already has tons. when you are using the lucas formula you are already giving 2x the amount of PK as you are with N then on top of that you add superthrive which is adding more NPK and then silica blast which is adding more K. too much food. toooo much.

afternoon

Cannabis is normally a diploid plant, meaning it has two paired (homologous) sets of chromosomes. The plant you have is polyploid; it has an extra set of chromosomes, hence the extra set of leaves. Polyploidy can be induced in plants and cell cultures by some chemicals: the best known is colchicine. Autumn crocus is a common plant from which colchcine can be extracted.

interesting adze, thanks, the shoot has wierd sets of leaves,not true triploid like before the shoot came out...they come out in 2's but like a triploid,so it looks like one is always missing,then the shoot developed this groove and it now looks like it could split into two...the top is extremely congested with leaf

afternoon

can you take another side shot with natural light or even fluorescent, just not yellow light it makes it hard to see the color of the leaves.

from the pictures you show and your details you seem to be overfeeding a bit. i would drop the micro and bloom in half at least. your leaves are really green and curling up and actually pretty tiny for a plant in veg so long and being fed so much food. which is the problem you are overfeeding a lot. just go plain water for a while till you see leaves at the bottom start to turn yellow. then feed half strength of what you are giving.

yeah you're feeding way too much.
your nutes already have everything you are adding with superthrive and that silica blast or whatever that says is just adding more potassium of which flora bloom already has tons. when you are using the lucas formula you are already giving 2x the amount of PK as you are with N then on top of that you add superthrive which is adding more NPK and then silica blast which is adding more K. too much food. toooo much.

hi stihgnobevoli, thanks ...hope these pics help...on the biggest fan leaf the middle finger is 6" or 15cm long..... the whole plant is 16"/40cm but has been bent over,it's about 20"/50cm wide....

I don't feed the same every time... and I don't use the potsil too often but I do agree with you about the overfeeding...I am new to this regime and the previous plants I used it with responded really well.. I have slight leaf edge burn on a couple in veg and some in flower but the rest of them look blooming marvellous, I will adjust it down for next time..thanks...

it's in a small (cramped) space with 8 others(different varieties) under 4 small wattage (11w,2x18w,20w) compact fluoros running 24hr...

the leaves are a healthy green, the plant is doing ok after it's bending over, the secondary growth is coming on, leaves are droopy and a bit twisty presumably from too much food and water...

space permitting I hope to flower this one in about 5 weeks or so...

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 12
  • another.jpg
    another.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
  • G13i.jpg
    G13i.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
  • middle finger 6 inch long.jpg
    middle finger 6 inch long.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 17

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
ok, as long as it looks good to you, its hard to tell in the pics. but the nute regime seemed like a lot for one plant. looks like you got it under control. 5 more weeks before flower? i hope you got enough space. what are you growing a tree? i only vegged mine 2 weeks and i still had to top it in my 18 inches high cab.

MagicChef

I think you have 1 of 3 things or a combo of all three. Calcium def, heat stress/Light stress, over water.

Your PH is most likely too low. Your soil may be too acid and even a PH run off will not be acurate.

:joint:

MC

afternoon

ok, as long as it looks good to you, its hard to tell in the pics. but the nute regime seemed like a lot for one plant. looks like you got it under control. 5 more weeks before flower? i hope you got enough space. what are you growing a tree? i only vegged mine 2 weeks and i still had to top it in my 18 inches high cab.

hi mate,i hope this pic show what she like at the moment, since the last watering she has been really strong,almost coming out from the wire 'c' clip....so I thought I'd flower her , earlier than I had planned but circumstances dictate...so she went into flower alongside a wappa and special kush #1 of the same age..

one thing I have noticed is that the wierd mutant shoot hasn't developed much since the last watering, plenty of secondary growth on the main shoot though...

thanks stihgnobevoli... I will continue to post updates as she flowers...just watered with plain water...

Attachments

• DSC00309.jpg
    DSC00309.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 11

afternoon

I think you have 1 of 3 things or a combo of all three. Calcium def, heat stress/Light stress, over water.

Your PH is most likely too low. Your soil may be too acid and even a PH run off will not be acurate.

:joint:

MC

thanks for that MagicChef, hadn't considered the low light as a factor....nor calcium...but I have put her into flower today watered with plain water and will monitor her progress..

afternoon

here is a close-up of the mutant leaf, it has many leaves coming out all over the place, with
almost too many to count at the top, does anyone have any ideas as to what will happen to this given that it hasn't grown much since I bent the plant over...?

I guess I will find out soon enough...

Attachments

• mutant shoots leaves.jpg
    mutant shoots leaves.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 14

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
ok i see what you talking about now. i had a plant do something like that before. i think a bagseed that may have been related to blueberry. it eventually returned to regular growth, lemme see if i can find a picture.
picture.php

picture.php

started off as a regular seedling then the second node never grew anywhere and the first node branched out then took over and i had 2 tops. it went like that for a long while before the second node ever started growing, and when it did start growing again it was 2 branches fused together, which eventually split. it looked just like your celery stalk action.

afternoon

great pics mate,so it does happen to other strains then....did the celery type finish as normally as you had expected ? this one doesn't seem to have developed any for some time,
plenty of fresh secondary growth with a nice canopy developing...looking forward to the end of february !

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yeah it finished like a regular plant, i dunno if i posted any more pics on here and i would have to do a lot of digging to find the pics. but it ended up male and i dusted my girls with it to make some f2's. purpled up and smelled fruity so i hope it has some blueberry in it somewhere. haven't grown those seeds out yet. maybe next grow.

growbie1

Happend to me on sensi seeds NL.
Plant was trifoliated from first real set of leaves to everysideshot and the main bud!. Therefor produced nearly 50% more.
(polinated clone didn't have a single trifol. descendant within 20 seeds,
friend had an outdoor testrun)
Unfortunatly it was the weakest pheno, and didn'T make it as a keeper !
Will always have a look for 1 of these! Cause within the pheno ( had 6-7 of them) it just stood out in growth and budprod.

afternoon

hi growbie1 and thanks for that...I'm learning that this happens throughout the cannabis gene pool so I'm less concerned than when I first saw the three leaves...so I'll just have to wait and see what happens... some new growth on all shoots except the mutant is all so far...will the mutant flower I wonder?