What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone got a mortgage?

Snoopster

Veteran
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/19...-half-of-all-americans-dont-pay-income-taxes/

No offence but I thought this would be common knoladge these days. You know, with all the pay your fair share talk going to the rich, why not talk to the 50% of Americans that sit on their ass and do nothing. I know people are disabled and there are legit reasons for government assistance, but 50% don't pay taxes????? Check the chart I posted, Obama has government assistance at the highest rate in the worlds history, other than Greece.

This is what's wrong with the world. You are saying take the help even in not needed, just because they are giving it out. Would you let somebody wipe your ass if they offered? Where is the pride these days?

No offense, but you drank Newt's koolade. More people were added to public assistance under Bush than under Obama. Obama will probably catch up with Bush eventually.

I am not an Obama fan, by the way.

You said 50% of Americans do not have an income , which is not rue.

For 50 percent of those that don’t pay federal income taxes, standard deductions and personal exemptions are enough to counteract their taxable earnings. A couple with two children earning less than $26,400, for example, will pay no federal income tax in 2011 because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 cuts their taxable income to nil.

22 percent are senior citizens who get a more generous standard deduction, can exclude some or all of their Social Security income and may have tax-exempt interest from mutual funds and municipal bonds. For those who itemize, charitable contributions and medical expense deductions also subtract from their tax liability.

15 percent are working families, many of them low-income, who qualify for one or all of the Earned Income tax credit, the Child tax credit, the Child and Dependent Care tax credit. The earned-income credit is fully refundable, and the Child credit is partially refundable this year, meaning some households may get refunds from the government even if they owe no income taxes.

The remaining 13 percent are a mix of mostly higher-income individuals with enough itemized deductions for items like mortgage interest, health payments, or charitable contributions, education tax credits, or tax exempt interest to zero out their income taxes.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...l-income-state-and-local-income#ixzz1p8EJHdAr

That 50% is a nice talking point, but it is not really relevant, unless you want to get rid of deductions.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I said 50% don't pay taxes, as I showed in the link you asked for. Did you even read it? BTW, Newt is the smartest dumbass I have ever seen.

As far as bush or obama are concerned, they are the same person, that works for the same machine. Between the two of them in the last 12 years, they are ruining the United States and the world.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
corporate welfare is fine.
1 billion a week in Afghanistan is fine

complaining about the poor who spend every dime they have back into the economy.. a great rallying cry!

poor people pay sales tax, sin tax, property tax, etc, so the "idea" is fatally flawed... BUT.. the biggest reason 'they dont pay FEDERAL taxes' is because they dont make enough money.

Get the 'middle class' to hate 'the poor', and you can get them to vote against their best interest. Its the classic strategy of the ruling class.

Its at the point where they are so confused they literally start complaining that poor people dont make enough money to be taxed, and they blame THE POOR.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist!

-

Newt is the smartest dumbass I have ever seen.
Gingrich is a candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination.
haha I knew it

my personally favourite..

Longshot GOP presidential candidate Gary Johnson attacked frontrunner Newt Gingrich for supporting the death penalty for marijuana smugglers even though he has admitted to smoking the drug himself during graduate school.

Gingrich "proposed the death penalty for marijuana -- for possession of marijuana above a certain quantity of marijuana -- and yet he is among 100 million Americans who smoke marijuana,"

source:

H.R. 4170: Drug Importer Death Penalty Act of 1996
Sponsor: Rep. Newton Gingrich [R-GA6]

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I'm Disabled and I DON'T PAY ANY TAXES. I became disabled while in the Army. So FUCK ALL YOU ASS HOLES THAT THINK ALL DISABLED PEOPLE ARE MILKING THE SYSTEM. Most of you self rightous assholes never served their country, I am rated as total and permanent as far as my disability is concerned by the Government I served for 13 years. If you don't like that I don't pay taxes, then join the military and get your body fucked up in the service of the rest of those who didn't serve. And you can ride that mythical fucking gravy train too!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Wow....such anger. First off....thank you pearlme for doing your part! In cases like yours, the gov should help out....but for the vast majority of abuses they shouldn't. The gov was not built to take care of the poor and needy, that's what family and churches are supposed to do.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
pearlemae - Sorry if I offended you. You are a true patriot to whatever country you hail from.

but for the vast majority of abuses they shouldn't. The gov was not built to take care of the poor and needy, that's what family and churches are supposed to do.

ditto

Lammy

Bullfrog, I thought that was hilarious and honest.

Hubbleman, if you can pull that off see if you can get some grow equipment thrown on to the mortgage. Maybe with a 60 year mortgage, $500 can get you a house with a 20kw garden. Lol

T

THE PABLOS

I'm Disabled and I DON'T PAY ANY TAXES. I became disabled while in the Army. So FUCK ALL YOU ASS HOLES THAT THINK ALL DISABLED PEOPLE ARE MILKING THE SYSTEM. Most of you self rightous assholes never served their country, I am rated as total and permanent as far as my disability is concerned by the Government I served for 13 years. If you don't like that I don't pay taxes, then join the military and get your body fucked up in the service of the rest of those who didn't serve. And you can ride that mythical fucking gravy train too!

I served but certainly do not have your attitude. You joined...no one made you join. Sorry you got hurt...but stop the rah rah serving your country bullshit. You joined because you wanted to. Sometimes there are repercussions for our actions.

sneaky101

corporate welfare is fine.
1 billion a week in Afghanistan is fine

complaining about the poor who spend every dime they have back into the economy.. a great rallying cry!

poor people pay sales tax, sin tax, property tax, etc, so the "idea" is fatally flawed... BUT.. the biggest reason 'they dont pay FEDERAL taxes' is because they dont make enough money.

Get the 'middle class' to hate 'the poor', and you can get them to vote against their best interest. Its the classic strategy of the ruling class.

Its at the point where they are so confused they literally start complaining that poor people dont make enough money to be taxed, and they blame THE POOR.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist!

-

I was never for corporate welfare. I think capitalism is a great model for an economy. If you can't make a product the public likes, get out of the way for someone who does.

And why is it hating the poor when someone says that is not the governments responsibility. That is the responsibility of the community and the church, like someone else stated. Why is everything Big Brother's responsibility. No wonder they (the gov't) feel they have every right to pry into our lives. I know with my kid, if I am supplying everything in her life to sustain her, you are damn right in thinking that I should have a say in damn near everything she does. Maybe we should all just stop trying and let the government support us. So it would seem to me that if someone's hand is out for the government handout (yes, there are many who really need it), these people shouldn't start bitching when the government starts wanting to pry into their lives. Like in the instance when states start drug testing for unemployment or food stamps, which I think, mostly anyways, is a good thing. I know I don't want my taxes going to someone who sells their food stamps to go and buy drugs.

And I think just about everyone on this site would be against government actions like the drug tests, but will gladly stick their hand out and take the $. Like Bullfrog said, where's the pride?

Blaming the poor for not making enough money...laughable. People who talk like this (and I know plenty) have always had a foot on their throat holding them down, not. It's usually that attitude that holds them back.

I could go on about the billion a week in Afgahnistan, but I digress...

Bullfrog, it's like you are about the only sane one in this thread. And just like a liberal to twist words...."let the sick/poor die in the streets". Not to say it doesn't happen....everywhere, but when was the last time you saw a dead body of a sick or poor person on the side of the street. Maybe I live in a prosperous place (the south, so not really) but I've never seen a poor person fall over dead or a sick person fall over dead as I was walking down the street. That is how the liberals do it...extremes, and then it is us who are so terrible because we don't feel it is the government's responsibility to fix everything.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the deal.

1. I am on some health benefits here and they told me i can get a mortgage and i wont have to pay interest on it.

Ho many years can you take a mortgage out for?

2. Also I am on some housing benefits. I get helpt with rent - benefits paid for rent AND council tax. I get about 500 for rent every month. So i was at the civic center the other day and talked to house benefits people, i tell them - instead of having 500 sent into black hole (rent money) every month, WHY not let me take out a mortgage (!!!!!) AND, rather then wasting $$$ for rent, have it ADDED to my mortgage?

Same amount - 500 a month. What difference does it make to benefit agency , paid for rent or towards mortgage?

At this point benefit worker stopped me and told me they dont do anything with mortgages.

Can i chase this through with someone like citizen advice beuro and complain and ask them to change their views / laws? Cos i really dont see the logic here, my logic is sound

:peacock:

I don't care if you're from the USA or Canada, they offer you an interest free mortgage & still you feel entitled to having them pay for it too??? that's fucked up dude, unless of course you somehow pull it off, then it's brilliant! until then though I think it's fucked up.......

is not the governments responsibility. That is the responsibility of the community and the church,

I could go on about the billion a week in Afgahnistan, but I digress...

And just like a liberal to twist words...."let the sick/poor die in the streets". Not to say it doesn't happen....everywhere, but when was the last time you saw a dead body of a sick or poor person on the side of the street.

yeh lets not talk about the trillion$$$ pissed away on mass murder or bailing out the bankers, lets focus instead on the weakest members of society who have the audacity to ask for food, shelter & medicine ...what a complete joke you republicans are ..try getting your passport(google it) stamped and go to a country where the government don't give a shit about the poor ..obviously you have no experience of the world outside your own selfish little bubble ....church and community???? wtf are you lot smoking

if you don't like government so much, why not move your family to somalia where they don't have any government and see how much you like it ..I'm guessing you would last about 20mins

SoulMachete

Veteran
sneak and bull...you guys hit the nail on the head. how much better would this economy be running if all our loot wasn't disappearing into the govt void? how much better could many of the services provided by our govt be run if opened to competition in a true capitalist system? want the gov't to stop intruding in your life? reduce the need for it. defend the country ensure the peoples safety at home and keep the roads in shape. thats it. would some people have to suck it up and figure out a new way? you bet...and the evolution would be amazing...and then we could enjoy true freedom....

^^ your post doesn't make any sense ..you say you don't want government then go on to make a list of all the things you want government to do ...why can't roads, defence, police be provided by church, community or pure capitalism?

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Pearlmae: Theres an election this year in the USA so everyone has a louder opinion than normal about various issues. Try to ignore them as they aren't really answering your question and are just repeating what they heard on cnbc or fox news or that cool new meme from the internet (lol at cutting govt = somalia).

Your question was about a mortgage and paying for it. I have never heard of a long term no interest mortgage being made available. If there is a special program for disabled vets with subsidized interest in your country, that may be what you were offered. But no bank is going to give you a loan with zero interest unless someone else is paying that interest. At best you might get deferred interest that has to be paid back later, or an introductory low interest rate that balloons after so many months.

sneaky101

yeh lets not talk about the trillion$$$ pissed away on mass murder or bailing out the bankers, lets focus instead on the weakest members of society who have the audacity to ask for food, shelter & medicine ...what a complete joke you republicans are ..try getting your passport(google it) stamped and go to a country where the government don't give a shit about the poor ..obviously you have no experience of the world outside your own selfish little bubble ....church and community???? wtf are you lot smoking

if you don't like government so much, why not move your family to somalia where they don't have any government and see how much you like it ..I'm guessing you would last about 20mins

Blah blah blah...I'm a typical republican (sure) and you are a typical liberal. Taking whatever is said and somehow...somehow misinterpret it. When did I say I hate my government? Show me one country where every citizen loves everything their government does. And yes, church and community! I make no claims to be a Christian, but they do good for the poor from what I can see. Toketronix, you are a joke...I wouldn't last 20 minutes....lol. What cave do you live in and whose kool-aid have you been drinking?

I have an idea toke...how about in your next post, you actually quote what is said and not just read something and try to make it into something else. I bet you "paraphrase" things you have only heard and don't really understand. Are you that guy?

sneaky101

^^ your post doesn't make any sense ..you say you don't want government then go on to make a list of all the things you want government to do ...why can't roads, defence, police be provided by church, community or pure capitalism?

You don't even understand the purpose of government!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts