What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Suffer From Insomnia

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My go-to is a saltwater sinus rinse. Last night a tad of Afrin did the trick to keep me breathing easy through my nose. I breathed enough dust today to grow carrots, so tonight may be rough. Can't get N-95 masks, and I gave mine to the dentist back when they opened back up. I thought about the nose strips too.

Little Sony recorder does a great job of monitoring the sounds I make, or that are made. I use it to correlate the data from the ring if I have an event where I stop breathing. and it wakes me with the vibe alarm.

If a deviated septum is that thing between nostrils, favoring one side over the other... I attribute mine to homemade wine.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
indeed respiratory issues are often a contributing factor with insomnia. i currently use breathe right nose strips to help me breathe better until i can get my deviated septum addressed.

My recording ring shows I sometimes really fall off in SpO2. That number gets under 90, and the O2 your cells get drops quickly. It looks like O2 matters, and the body will raise hell if it isn;t getting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZLqZpWTTZQ

More on the slippery slope in this video. it also briefly touches on the blood Ph being a factor. I put baking soda in my water, trying to increase alkalinity (higher Ph number). Looks like that hurts the blood O2, which may be a factor in me getting tired so easily when working.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My insomnia's been particularly bad lately with all the stress going on. Also have been short on quality buds in which to make edibles with. Anyone else been roughing it?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My insomnia's been particularly bad lately with all the stress going on. Also have been short on quality buds in which to make edibles with. Anyone else been roughing it?

Use coconut curry's cannabutter tek. I only use sugar trim I would throw out, and it is insanely potent. I cookie and I could not walk, and was tripping and could not sleep. Found half (10 grams of cookie) got my totalled and could sleep for 12 hours. Think what really did it was heavy duty potato ricer. First was crap and bent. Squeezing all the THC/butter out with that.

St. Phatty

pretty hard to sleep when it's 90 F indoors, and you can't run the AC because of the smoke.

Tried running the building air 2 nights ago and breathed cool smokey air for 8 hours.

That sucked.

JustSumTomatoes

pretty hard to sleep when it's 90 F indoors, and you can't run the AC because of the smoke.

Tried running the building air 2 nights ago and breathed cool smokey air for 8 hours.

That sucked.
Sending good vibes to everyone out west. All the photos and videos I've seen from out there look insane, like an apocalyptic nightmare. Growers are definitely going to take a hit from all that smoke and ash.

St. Phatty

Anybody else ever try taking Tylenol for insomnia ?

I find it helps me sleep decent.

It used to give me a hang-over, the next day.

Took some last night, see how it goes.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I had a horrible night last night, my foot would not stop burning, awake for hours, and I have a bunch of work to do today. Not getting a good night’s sleep really messes with me...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I use a CPAP. Having a night with mask leaks makes the whole problem worse and a hangover in the morning. I get in cycles where I wake up at like 3am every night. It's not just wake up, but it's like really awake with a buzz. Takes an hour or two to get back to sleep after that.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
For some reason my O2 drops off as I lay down. If I get up twice, it will happen each time. So I have had to re-learn the fine art of the big yawns. I force the first one, the second is easier. By the time I get a few down, they come automatically. I will doze off soon thereafter, and not have an O2 drop alarm on my ring.

Strange how we have to re-learn the simplest things.

Cookies help BTW. Delicious little morsels of blissful slumber. :D

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

I'll save my liver for beer.

Some doctors are trying to get Tylenol moved behind the counter. Huge amount of liver damage from it. Out of all accidental overdoses, Tylenol is king.

-
I have a 60yr buddy who swears by this: Soak your feet in very cold water before bed for about 5 minutes. He says he hasn't slept like that since he was a kid.

EsterEssence

Veteran
3 am is the time when I usually wake up as well, lay there hoping I fall back to sleep, it’s kinda hard with a burning foot.
I think I will try the cold water soak before I go to sleep, I’m open to try anything...
If my o2 level goes down to much my body makes more red blood cells then I have to get bled to lower my RBC, count...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The RBC sounds bad, haven't they replaced the blood letting with meds?

I had a few nightmare type life experiences that left me with some PTSD. If it's not that the blood clot in the leg or cold feet from blood thinner gets me up. Strong indicas help. I think thc keeps the brain moving along instead of dweling on the PTSD experiences and some have good pain relief.

JustSumTomatoes

Tylenol (especially Tylenol PM) just wrecks my stomach so bad. No positive effect in terms of sleep, or even helping with pain a whole lot for me. Not trying to fry my liver either.

ozzieAI

Veteran
here is a link to a recipe for canna caps: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=366334

use the sleep terpene recipe for the best results...i now sleep very well and get at least 5 - 6 hours solid sleep...every night...

these caps have helped several other sufferers, all reporting positive results, some take a full cap, others only 1/2; usually about an hour before bed...

another thing that i found helped was concentrating on breathing through my nose, i thought it strange when i heard about it, but it helped me get to sleep quicker...

St. Phatty

Tylenol (especially Tylenol PM) just wrecks my stomach so bad. No positive effect in terms of sleep, or even helping with pain a whole lot for me. Not trying to fry my liver either.

interesting.

that's what ibuprofen used to do to me.

i was at the $ store and just bought the Tylenol.

Didn't work, helped me sleep but the hangover sucks, for me.

might try ibuprofen in a week.

anybody ever try naproxen sodium (something like that) ?

it's a 4th common over the counter sort-of pain killer.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
What do you track o2 with?

This: https://getwellue.com/pages/o2ring-oxygen-monitor

There is a 10% discount code there (it is 15% now!!). Do not buy one from AMZN as it will be a second. I gave my first one to GRY, as the band was defective, and he has to monitor his O2. I wear mine on my pinky finger.

I downloaded the PC O2pro software to this laptop, and get a report of the whole night sleep for each night.

Last night the alarm kept going off as I lay'd down. The ring starts to vibrate. It gets stronger each vibration, to the limit I have it set to. It takes about 6 seconds of deep yawning to get it to stop. After about 3 episodes, I knew the problem was a stuffy nose from mowing all day, so I took one squirt of Afrin in each nostril, and went right to sleep being able to breath through my nose freely.

I am getting to where I can sense the feeling of low O2, sometimes before the alarm. Why this happens when I first lay down is a mystery. I also think it is worse laying on my left side than the right. Heart valves?

That little ring is the best thing I have done for myself since tossing the volcano digit for the hybrid. Combine it with a Sony PX470 sound recorder, to see what it was that woke you up. It might have been gasping for air...

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thats pretty cool, a pulse ox ring that records.

There's a new Apple Watch 6 coming out that has pulse ox. This looked interesting bc there would be a bunch of apps for it. With sleep apnea, it causes you to pass out and recover during an episode. Pulse ox of some sort would be more reliable than the cpap machine for monitoring it.