What's new

Anyone else seen this yet (Oil in canned butane)

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My best guess that mystery oil is naphthenic mineral oil, from the looks and descriptions. I personally haven't been making or consuming any oil for months and barely at all this whole year because of the toll it toke on my lungs. I've been smoking and vaping flowers and fullmelt and I'll tell you my lungs never ever feel as clogged up as they do when strickly dabbing bho.

How much oil were you going through before? BHO with a vape pen feels so much smoother and cleaner to me than smoking flowers, but I'm not a heavy toker.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Well we have 1000's of years of raw cannabis use without serious negative side effects and the first time I had serious negative side effects from cannabis was when using bho.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well we have 1000's of years of raw cannabis use without serious negative side effects and the first time I had serious negative side effects from cannabis was when using bho.

I get negative side effects from smoking flowers (sore throat / irritated lungs), but they're not serious. I'm just not used to smoking all the time. Some studies have shown that smoking pot isn't bad for your lungs like smoking tobacco.

This mystery oil might be different. I wonder if it's safer smoked or vaped. Most of my pothead friends smoke out of a pipe with a butane lighter, so they might be inhaling some of the same contaminants.

It probably takes me a month to go through a gram of BHO. Maybe that's why I haven't seen any side effects.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Ya that's not much compared to daily dabbers, hell some people go threw an 8th of oil a day. It's not only the lubricants in butane thats bad for you, but all the plant waxes, lipids and fats concentrated in raw bho that coat our lungs with every dab. When these plant waxes are dissolved by a solvent and then purged of that solvent they are no longer in there natural state anymore like in water hash/drysift/flowers and causing them vaporize much easier. These lung irratants can't be procesed by the lungs and either build up or are expectorated out. In my opinion the worst is the shortness of breath caused by it, leading you to never feel like you get whole breath in. Not a very fun feeling, almost like your drowning

I wouldn't be suprised that many dabbers of bho that hasen't been dewaxed or made with clean butane develop serious lung problems after years and years of dabbing everyday.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
What I think is really funny is how many bhotards are pissed off about the mystrey oil fb page, telling him hes a liar, fake, doing this to promote non solvent extracts, etc.etc. Or the fools that say who cares it's so little of an amount that it's not of concern. I don't know about yall but any mineral oil/ lubricant in my erl is to much for me.

So who agrees that the air we breathe is more of a concern than than bho tainted with mystery oil? Clearly some people smoke way too much bho, no wonder they have problems breathing....

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
That is such stupid way to justify inhaling this oil. Do you not flush your plants, do you also spray eagle 20 or pesticides on flowering plants? Why not the amount left over is probably not as bad as the air we breathe. Ya great logic
This is medicine and is being sold as medicine to people who need/want it and don't need additional problems from dirty solvents.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I wouldn't be suprised that many dabbers of bho that hasen't been dewaxed or made with clean butane develop serious lung problems after years and years of dabbing everyday.

im not sure what you mean by clean, but i just used canned colibri and london,and iam going on ten years only dabbing 99%, and my lungs feel seriously great. never dewaxed. much better than when i used to try and smoke much hash, or even just herb.

have to use a laser thermometer to get the surface to proper vape temps to be actually vaping. Otherwise it is still smoking. But I respect your point, as you are my senior, HMK.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

ya well its different for everyone i guess. i can attest that me and my dad, and about 5 friends who all switched over in about 2005, all have much happier lungs than when we used to smoke herb and hash. the difference is actually amazing. if i wanted to smoke a lot of hash, back in the day, i would get more and more congested, so much that if i tried to take another toke, i would erupt in spasms of coughing before i could take the hit. now, i can intake way more concentrates, as in, all day every day, and there is virtually no coughing, and no phlegm buildup.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I wonder if this oil / wax stuff is worse than the carcinogens produced when smoking a joint. I just made about a half ounce of BHO for personal consumption, so it would be good to know. I might try a hexane extraction instead with my next batch.

make sure you study up on hexane of you do, its more poisonous to use during use. i believe it evaporates completely, but its not good to inhale that stuff really.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is such stupid way to justify inhaling this oil. Do you not flush your plants, do you also spray eagle 20 or pesticides on flowering plants? Why not the amount left over is probably not as bad as the air we breathe. Ya great logic
This is medicine and is being sold as medicine to people who need/want it and don't need additional problems from dirty solvents.

The plant waxes can be removed, but I don't know about the butane oil. If it's really mineral oil, I wonder if people with lung problems would be better off decarbing their BHO and making edibles / tinctures. That's if they already had a bunch and didn't want to waste it. I'm just speculating since we don't really know what's in it.

make sure you study up on hexane of you do, its more poisonous to use during use. i believe it evaporates completely, but its not good to inhale that stuff really.

I'll be careful if I try it. I'll only deal with the liquid hexane outside where there's always a steady breeze. Has anyone here done a clean evaporation test with hexane? Just evaporate a liter and see if anything's left behind. I might spend an extra $30 to try it.

I'll winterize with 190 proof ethanol if I go the hexane route, since I don't know how easy it is to vacuum or heat purge hexane extracts.