What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just got my sample in the mail, name on return address was HR. I wasnt worried about it at all, but i could see why some people would be concerned i guess.

That seems to be an update on their part. The last two packages that I got from them had their full name. Apparently people's concerns are getting through.

real ting

The email customer service for this brand has been very unresponsive. What kind of response times are you guys getting for ordering/ questions?

edit: disregard this post, I was being impatient.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The email customer service for this brand has been very unresponsive. What kind of response times are you guys getting for ordering/ questions?

Whoops, wrong button! I've swapped emails a bunch of times with them, and they have always been good. Might take a couple of days, I think that they are a small company, and all of my emails have been personally answered by Chris (the owner). Several of mine were answered late at night, so I get the impression that he is burning a lot of hours. Did you verify that you used the correct address?

I would add that the response for both the free samples and filling orders is extremely quick. I'm very happy with both their product line and their service.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Me too ..... responce time even for ordering has been real quick . usually by the next day at most . I have to place another order myself but ... not for about 3 weeks . i can tell you then if things have changed with them , but as rives said .... check that you gave them a correct email addy to correspond to .

ICbuds

Veteran
I started a thread in the flower pix forum. Love this shit. I read some forums from a grower on th*farmer and copied his system. I'm running the RO Veg+Bloom in Grodan Chunks and Cubes and have never seen anything like it.

picture.php
picture.php

Farm Hero

I'm guessing the veg+bloom in water would kill any living beneficial organisms, but since everything is in the available form "bennies" wouldn't be necessary.

I've read all 11 pages and it seems that everyone likes the product, might have to give it a try.

real ting

question: how any grams does a teaspoon weigh? how many gallons would a pound make when using coco.

Put wolfram alpha in your book marks! It's so handy for figuring stuff out like how many gallons would a pound make, etc. For instance, I look up a lb is 453.6 grams, then pull up a calculator and divide by 5.5 grams (per tsp number posted by smooth), so if you run at one tsp per gallon you'd get ~82.5 gallons of mixed fert water. But on they're site it looks like they recommend between .5 and .75 tsp per gallon for flowering in coco, so you could get between 165 and 123.75 gallons if you followed those numbers.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
ok so i have a 1lb tub of the hardwater coming. still have like a whole bottle of floranova tho. will update later.

yo jayjay I am running the ro formula at an EC of 1.3 on this strain and she loves it! I can squeeze a lot out of a 1lb just depends on the strain I guess.
23h9ct1.jpg

30lf41c.jpg

jayjayfrank

Veteran
thanks netprophet, lookin good, if it wasn't for this thread i wouldn't have some V+B in the mail. im just finishing with my first grow and i have a haze x blueberry thats a very picky eater and i think this stuff will help me dial it in.

also to note, the email says "shipping from HR". so it has changed from "Hydroponic-Research"

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody know if they got the online store is & running yet . i need to place an order in the next week or so . i can order as i always do but the last time i talked to chris he said the store should be going very soon .

jayjayfrank

Veteran
just got the V+B in the mail. ordered friday, received the following wednesday. used the measure spoon that came with koolbloom to weigh.

1 tsp(level tsp) = 4.5 grams

so 1lb will make 130+ gallons at recommended full strength dosage(.75 tsp) in coco.

while that falls short of the 180 gallons one quart of floranova makes @5ml/gal the pay off is that its powder. hardwater specific, no shaking, less mess, more simple, also made in california.

i noticed one thing it lists in the package but not on the site "contains silica, fulvic acids and aminos".

iv been crunching all kinds of numbers with nutrients and ratios to lower N and keep PK high. lurking in the nutrient forums i am going away from that to consistent water and foliage feeding.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JayJay, on the back of the 1lb tubs they say that they consider 5.5 grams to be a teaspoon, so your calculations may be a bit light. I've found that the only thing that I need to run with it is Drip Clean (I use Blumats). I've had numerous communications with Chris about the lack of full documentation about the contents, and he is concerned with keeping his formula away from the copy-cats. I do know that for my water, this stuff works better than any combination of other nutrients that I've tried.

Just about to harvest these girls -

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know how most of you guys are figuring out how much to dose your plants with the V&B but after listening to BioMasters advice .... dosing by PPM/EC it is alot easier than going by teaspoons per gallon . I have 3 15 gallon rez running DTW coco on 3 trays . i just fill each rez with RO water & add enough till i get the desired PPM's that i want . My ph comes out damn near perfect every time ( lower doses require a touch of PH down ) & its set & forget till i need to top off again .
heres some quotes from BioMaster earlier on in the thread ....

Stuff is a SOLID product for sure! And Chris is a super nice guy and knows his shit for sure!

At about up to 600PPM it acts like a veg formula, and up at about 800PPM it acts like a bloom plus PK booster formula. This guy put lots of time and research into this product I can tell you for sure. It contains all the goodies like aminos and many other things not listed on the label. It is for sure a complete nutrient.

If you do decide to use a booster with it in flower, use 25% of your normal dose. Go very easy and you can "tweak" it with just about any bloom booster you want to use.

I highly suggest you at least do one full run with JUST the veg+bloom product before you decide to add boosters. You will see you do not need them at all.

The down side to this stuff is that to get the ammonia free formula or a custom mix you have to buy at least 10lbs.

The price is very much well worth what he is asking.

Solid Product!!
Quote:
What EC/PPM level are you running at?

I would look at that and what the plants look like as opposed to go by any certain amount per gallon like a table spoon , ect.

It is important that you reach a certain "target" EC/PPM level for the nutrient to work properly.

This EC/PPM level amount will vary depending on the source water used. For example one grower had tap water as high as 400PPM, and during flowering when he mixed the Veg+Bloom he would end up around 1400PPM (.5 x500) or more when he added enough Veg+Bloom to reach 1000PPM.

Another grower was using RO water at 0PPM and he would end up running lower EC/PPM values because of this. So in his case during flowering he would mix enough veg+bloom to make 1000PPM.

If you do not reach the target EC/PPM levels at the appropriate time in the plants cycle you would not gain all the benefits from using this product. The exception to all this is when the plant shows signs of burns as some plants as we know are more "sensative" to nutrient concentrations.

Hope that made some sense...lol

PS- Your plants are looking VERY awesome!!! I would say you are for sure doing some things right!!! VERY nice work cyat and to netrophet as well. MOST excellent, you guys have some great skills and it shows (killer genetics as well)!!

just follow those basic guidelines & your all set !!!

Thanx Bio & everybody for your input :thank you: :tiphat: