What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Y

YosemiteSam

Looking fantastic I would say and I think you got it right...nice growing. It is literally amazing what extra (compared to other bottle nutes) Ca can do for a grow.

word up brother, It's so much more enjoyable the simpler it is. I had a questions for you man, you seem well educated in the arts, I have these 6" rockwool blocks these plants are in... they are packed with roots... I mean solid... will this reduce my yield because of the lack of root space? I'm thinking they are nugging up real tight a little early and I think thats why... no sweat if you don't know, just wondering..

kal el

As long as they are not having to search for food, you should be fine.
I have done some decent grows in 1 gallon containers and the plants were root bound.
As long as they had enough food, no problems.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

The more often you can feed the better. RW does not allow for a rapid flood cycle.

My grow method uses Air Pots + lava rocks. I adjust flood cycles depending on guesstimated root size. In veg I flood ~ every hour, late veg/early flower 30 minutes, now in mid flower, I flood every 20 minutes during lights on.

ppms went from 400 in veg to 600 during early sexing, 800 in early flower, now in mid-flower I just bumped to ~ 1000

gonzo`

gonna try and order this... i like the idea of just powdered nutes... 3:1 ca:mg is good and i like the sulphur content, thats def a big contributor to smell/taste...

finsihing up my 3rd run with this stuff and happy :) had an old bud of mine come through and dude shit himself. buds are all over the place at this point, I have some burn so I think I over did it around 4-5th week in... going to run it weaker next time
os4y80.jpg

nnmdtx.jpg

2mg2y2o.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin Great netprophet !!!!:tiphat:

How high of a PPM were ya running that ya got burn ? on my last run i got as high as 1300 & noticed a little burn also .

damn high, like 1500ppm at peak. I use a hanna pen at .5 conv. Do you use RO dan? I'm thinking about taking some donation $ from this crop and buying a big ass RO filter and making the switch. I know a few growers out here using the veg n bloom who are producing insaaaanne quality with RO. My tap runs like 300+ppm so I know my roots aren't getting everything I'm giving them .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OOPs yeah that PPM level is with 0 ppm RO water . I'm lovin this shit so far !!! my last run was the best i've ever done . i got 24 off 9 plants under 600's :woohoo:

one thing i did notice is that my frost level was not as good as i'm used to when using protekt so i started addin it on this round @ 3ml per gallon .
right now at 2 days of flower i'm running the V & B @ 800PPM & don't think i'll go over 1000 till weeks 4 & 5 , & then i'll only go to around 11 or 1200 max ...... 1300 gave me some burn on the last round but not bad , just leaf tips .... no other signs of over feeding .

netprophet ... are you using the hard water formula ??? if you do switch to RO , your going to need the soft water formula .

I'm hoping to do better with RO but have to say I'm pretty stoked walking in on this every day. I'm gonna chop Monday which is just about 50 days in, under 8 weeks... call me crazy but these things are swollen and sticky... fuk yah!!

fbvvpf.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I switched to V & B some 4-5 weeks ago (3 different systems running) growth and bud development really took off.

I am uber impressed.

RO Water

Check out Merlin Tankless RO.

Regular (non booster pump assisted), like mine only make ~ 2-3 g per 5+ hours.

I frequently run out of RO water, and so have to be diligent to fill storage buckets every couple days.

The ppm reduction potential is ~ 90% of the tap ppm. BUT with a booster pump, that drops ~ < 5%

Also you want a self cleaning RO that uses RO water to flush the membrane

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to you, I switched to V & B some 4-5 weeks ago (3 different systems running) growth and bud development really took off.

I am uber impressed. :thank you:

RO Water

Check out Merlin Tankless RO.

Regular (non booster pump assisted), like mine only make ~ 2-3 g per 5+ hours.

I frequently run out of RO water, and so have to be diligent to fill storage buckets every couple days.

The ppm reduction potential is ~ 90% of the tap ppm, but less with lower water pressure. BUT with a booster pump, that drops ~ < 5%

Also you want a self cleaning RO that uses RO water to flush the membrane

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
problem solved!

I was dumpin it in the bucket, then I would stir... causing major fallout

this time I stirred as I added the powder slowly.. no muck, barely any flakes.... and

ppms went much higher... so the nutes were mostly stickin to my bucket..not helpin the girls

now I'm gonna cut back to 2 tbl per 5 gal

dammn! :)

I love a happy ending...

mgk :tiphat:

gonzo`

hey guys i used the calculator on cannastats and not sure if i did it right but these are the results with 2 as in the input for mixing units, i assume that means 2 grams which is half a tsp per gallon:

N: 84
P: 23
K: 132
MG: 32
S: 26
CA:95

So that doesn't look much different to H3ad's coco formula of 6/9 mb:

N: 97
P: 60
K: 105
Mg: 41
S: 27
Ca: 97

I guess the biggest difference is the level of P..

Y

YosemiteSam

If you bump the Veg + to 97 ppm N you also get:

27 P
152 K
37 Mg
30 S
110 Ca

The biggest difference is actually the Ca:Mg ratio, 3 for Veg + and 2.3 for H3ad. That is a bigger difference than one might realize. This is the single most important ratio there is imo...after pH control of course.

The other difference is the K...and my personal belief is that H3ad's formula is better cause it will not lock out the Mg.

27 P is plenty although more does not hurt and tends to get used in most formulas because of mkp. I like the Veg + formula cause not having more P than you need allows you to run a lower EC.

I would like to see Veg + remove a little bit of KNO3 and replace the NO3 with even more CaNO3 (or ammoniacal depending on your water sources alkalinity) and some of the K with K2SiO3.

But...overall both formulas are vastly superior to most of the bottled swill sold...imo. And then all you got to ask yourself is does this crazy fucker have any clue at all...I leave that up to you.

edit...and a quick look the numbers don't add up right...to get 37 ppm Mg you are gonna get 50 ppm S...something is wrong with the calc. Also to get 110 Ca from CaNO3 you need 2.3 grams per gallon which gives you 94 ppm N...3 ppm N from KNO3 ain't gonna give you that much K...something is way off.

NeWcS

To answer the question of the topic. I am a few days into flushing after a grow with this line. If it were sold locally I would most definitely run it again. 2 samples got me thru an entire grow running two plants in a 5gal dwc.

Great stuff!

gonzo`

i think any good base nute will work, 6/9 for coco works well for h3ad and he's growing good herb by the sound of it.. i like the simplicity of the veg + bloom..

does anyone besides netprophet have pics coz his pics are the same as other posters on other canna forums under diff names...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't take the best pics but , heres 6 Oger99's from my last run with the veg& bloom .
these are at 6 weeks & were harvested at 63days .
18 oz's from 6 plants :)

DSC01140.jpg