What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

real ting

Seeing as it's a powder, do you guys pre mix it at all before dumping in the rez? What I mean is taking the amount you'd need for the rez, then adding to a gallon of warm water and shaking to dissolve before pouring in your rez.

Or have you found it's not necessary?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not necessary ... just dump it in & mix . i use an open ended air hose , taped to a tomatoe stake to mix it all up & works great !!!

for a 5 gallon jug .... 1 heaping TSP gives me around 320 ppm 2 heaping tsp's gives me around 520ppm .... i tripple that for my 15 gallon rez's & usually come in where i want to be .

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not necessary ... just dump it in & mix.

You nailed it, Dan. Initially I was premixing in warm water as I had always done in the past, and I was having problems with it dissolving completely in a reasonable time. I contacted Chris at HR, and he told me specifically not to premix or I would have problems. I've found that it works better to sift the powder in gradually so it disperses well when it hits the water surface - just dumping in a large amount at one time takes longer to dissolve since it seems more prone to hit the bottom intact.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
yes, rives is correct.

"TSP = 0.19oz(5.5g)"

with my '4.5' gram teaspoon actually kind works out good because thats already 3/4th tsp - dosage for coco. but will keep an eye for sure on EC, but, i don't think i'll ever go higher than 1.5ec(750), atleast i don't plan to.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've gone as high as 1100 ppm in the 5th & 6th week for the boost & had no problems with RO water & the soft water formula . in flower i start off around 750 & build up from there till the boost then i start dropping back down & i flush with around 150ppm .

its worked great so far :)

Yes Dansbuds is correct and on target, and his results speaks for themselves!! You want to try and reach a little above or around the 1000PPM mark for boosters around mid-peak flowering weeks (usually flowering weeks 3 thru 6 on a 8 to 10 week strain should be considered "peak" flowering times)

This will vary with strain as well as delivery system or method, for example DWC might take some lower levels (UC System) but should still be around or close to same EC levels, and of course if your plants at ANY time show stress or burn or "clawing" you need to back off and lower amounts no matter what or where your at in terms of EC/PPM levels.....

Most strains tested so far have been able to handle the suggested rates, sativa dominant strains would likely be more sensitive to dosage rates.....

ALWAYS let the plants have the final say, always.

With the mixing, you have to remember that this stuff is NOT Maxi-bloom or the likes which requires a act of god to get the powder to mix and dissolve....no warm or hot water needed or any of that. Chris actually goes to great lengths to make sure that this powder mixes and dissolves very easily.....the process involves taking the mixed powders and then running them through a type of grinder to actually break down the particle sizes of the powder....this translates into high quality powders that are super easy to mix and dissolve 100%.

If your mixing it up in gallon buckets or whatever, just give it a good stir and do not worry about the little white looking particles that do not dissolve right away, they are not suppose to....over time they will dissolve and become available to the plant.....think of it like a type of time released fertilizer so to speak......The parts of the powder that need to be dissolved will dissolve extremely easily and quickly when added to water.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does this shit work as good as everybody says ??? Yeah i'd say so !!!

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just smoked some lower small bud that is not fully cured, air dried for 4 days.

Been using the rest of my fulvic acid @ 1 cap ( 2 isps)/ 4g

I use a gravity bong and try to never inhale deeply, so I get ~30% smoke

SMOOOOTH and STONEY.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
With the mixing, you have to remember that this stuff is NOT Maxi-bloom or the likes which requires a act of god to get the powder to mix and dissolve....no warm or hot water needed or any of that. Chris actually goes to great lengths to make sure that this powder mixes and dissolves very easily.....the process involves taking the mixed powders and then running them through a type of grinder to actually break down the particle sizes of the powder....this translates into high quality powders that are super easy to mix and dissolve 100%.

If your mixing it up in gallon buckets or whatever, just give it a good stir and do not worry about the little white looking particles that do not dissolve right away, they are not suppose to....over time they will dissolve and become available to the plant.....think of it like a type of time released fertilizer so to speak......The parts of the powder that need to be dissolved will dissolve extremely easily and quickly when added to water.

for sure this stuff dissolves better than koolbloom. all of it quickly dissolves except some specks which i was going to ask about but you have already answered!

20oz solo cups still in veg, i am starting them at 1.0EC and see how they do, so far so good.

Sounds like a plan jayjayfrank! Stay vigilant on the course you have set and you will be rewarded big time for your work and efforts. 100% guaranteed!! Keep us posted on your progress jayjay!
Sending Karma your way!
+Rep

Dansbud......what can I say bro?? Your like Babe Ruth up to bat hitting grand slams!! Out of the park baby!!! A++ bro, you got some skills......
Niiiiice work bro and thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge with us.
Dansbud is kicking ass and taking names.......
+Rep

Cheers!

real ting

Thanks dudes, I will not bother with the pre mix then! The ease of use of these nutes is really appealing, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Beautiful plants btw dansbuds!

Question for you guys:

Which medium would you guys go with for these nutes: a 1/3 coco/perlite mix, or a 3/1 turface/ricehulls mix?

Gonna build some ppks, it's a pulse fed system w/wick, so the medium doesn't dry out.

I'd love to hear your input biomaster.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx real ting :thank you:

2 gallon pots of coco with an inch of perilite in the bottom works great for me . i use them like that for dtw like in the pics or i use it in hempy buckets with perilite up to the runoff holes .coco wicks very well imho . never used the turface so i can't comment on that .but the rice hulls as soon as i find some ... i will be adding to my coco for the silica .

Last edited:
Thanks dudes, I will not bother with the pre mix then! The ease of use of these nutes is really appealing, can't wait to see how it turns out.

Beautiful plants btw dansbuds!

Question for you guys:

Which medium would you guys go with for these nutes: a 1/3 coco/perlite mix, or a 3/1 turface/ricehulls mix?

Gonna build some ppks, it's a pulse fed system w/wick, so the medium doesn't dry out.

I'd love to hear your input biomaster.

I would probably suggest the coco and perlite mix only because there is data available using that type medium with veg+bloom....the rice hull mix may work just as well or even better. If you have the means, maybe setup one or two plants on the rice hull for a test.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers!

real ting

Alright guys, thanks! It's good to hear the coco/perlite has been a succesful mix with these nutes.

I think the first run I will go with the coco/perlite, it's what I know, and the plants are already rooted in a mix of it in smaller containers. I'll try to run 1 with the turface/rice hulls, as biomaster suggested, and if it works well transition next round.

Or go with the wool bruh! I'm using the Hugo's and each one of those 6"s has to be pushing 90-110gs of pure fire.

This one is at 1.9 EC
2mxplyd.jpg

This one is @ 1.2
2dlm9ug.jpg

jayjayfrank

Veteran
a couple feedings in and a few things i noticed.

they drink less now. i water daily and the pots are a little heavier and they look less 'dryed out' on the surface.

the fan leaves are in the 'praying position' now. i give them little High Fives when i check on them.

15 grams(1 TBL) in 4 gallons of 100ppm tap water gives me 650ppm(1.3EC). 9 clones in 3 ltr airpots go into flower next week.

i asked about getting it stocked at my local hydro store but they didn't want to carry it(billing) and couldn't understand how 16-10-30 is all you need... "no PK boost? 1100ppm bloom boost? i don't see how that works..." time to find another shop i guess...

Unfortunately jayjay that is a typical type response from retail shops as the people that work and sell plant nutrients ironically seem to know the least about them......:)

Y

YosemiteSam

BioMaster...have you ever tested anything with similar ratios except much lower K? So basically a 3:1 Ca:Mg ratio with K maybe 2/3rds or so of Ca.

smoooth

Anyone ever tried this on outdoor plants? I was thinking about giving one of mine a dose of it but would like to hear others ideas on this.

real ting

Or go with the wool bruh! I'm using the Hugo's and each one of those 6"s has to be pushing 90-110gs of pure fire.

This one is at 1.9 EC
View Image

This one is @ 1.2
View Image

I've been drooling over your results since I first seen em, in fact you're the reason I even thought to try veg+bloom! props for sure!

But I'm trying to grow pounders over here! Rockwool just aint the best medium for that.

I'm gonna run em in ppks, check the thread, it's a pretty ingenious hydro system that has been developed by members here over the last few years.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=138004