What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

jayjayfrank

Veteran
I use RO water, so I use Magi-Cal. Protekt Silica instead of pH up. Drip Clean, because I use Blumats sometimes. I get 8+ oz per plant in 1gal Smart Pots. I am a very busy person, if a 1 part nute can compare to my current mix, why not switch? I am dialed in,, so why not try a free sample? A good grower is not affraid to experiiment.

V+B RO? or V+B tap?

are you still adding calmag to vegbloom in ro water?

i use Heads guidelines for tapering off. no micros after week 5. flush for 3 weeks.

since you spend so much time with your plants - when they start to drink less is when you step the V+B down.

what you'll notice is the plants stay green for a long time into flush. a week off flushing doesn't yellow them.

i use tap water, don't need calmag. i amend coco with DE but foliar feed pro-tekt and foliage-pro in veg and beginning of flower. i never use ph up, i use citric acid for ph down. 1.0EC of vegbloom brings my tap to 6ph.

i walked down the lucas and head path too. thats how i ended up here with veg+bloom.

RicoT

What formula is suggested using tap and peat?
FWIW.. I previously used MB with tap water in peat PHd down to about 6, and it worked wonderfully. If this is any better I'd be ecstatic.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use RO water, so I use Magi-Cal.

With the RO formula, I wouldn't think that you would have any need for the Magi-Cal.

What formula is suggested using tap and peat?
FWIW.. I previously used MB with tap water in peat PHd down to about 6, and it worked wonderfully. If this is any better I'd be ecstatic.

It would depend on your tap water. If you are on a utility, they should have an analysis that you could see. If not, then you would need to get your water tested and see what the makeup is. Most tap has adequate levels of both Ca & Mg, but some (like mine) are very near RO in composition and need the higher levels available from the RO formula.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im getting good results with just V+B but i have recently started adding some silica and bloombastic @3ml/gal from day one of flower. my plants are stacking hard and look great! i dont think i will ever switch unless something crazy happens lol

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I was under the impression that V+B already contained silicate. Is this just people rambing about stuff they don't know or does the new formula contain silica?

From another forum although its been mentioned here too.
It includes silica, aminos, and a vast array of other vitamins and such

Never seen anything pack the weight and girth on like Bloom Bastic. Always used on top of 6/9 head recipe at 1mL/Gal from flower set.. increasing to 2mL/Gal around week 4. Careful with it.. my buddy fried his shit at bottle recommended 4ml/Gal on top of 6/9.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was under the impression that V+B already contained silicate. Is this just people rambing about stuff they don't know or does the new formula contain silica?

From another forum although its been mentioned here too.
Quote:
It includes silica, aminos, and a vast array of other vitamins and such

Yes it does .... but even Chris suggested adding more cuz it is in small doses in his mix . most silica products raise the PH of the nutes & without it mine comes out to 6.4 so i have to PH down . so for a silica ... i add DE to my coco as i'm transplanting .... plus it helps keep any soil bound critters at bay .

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Good info. Thanks.

I've got a few small canister samples to try, but waiting for the right opportunity where I can use it for a small grow or something..or at least a small flower cycle. Where I stand right now I'd use it all up in a few waterings..as I'm going through a 50gal barrel a day.

My local shop has a few 1lb canisters sitting around at $20/lb, but just how many gallons is a pound of this stuff making for you guys?

The results seem impressive, but seems like it would be many times the cost of running Maxibloom...and many many more times the cost of running Jacks + CalNit.

Even at 25lb size.. V+B isnt really giving much of a price break.

Just finished our first run with V+B. Keep in mind we had one of our new guys in the grow fry the plants pretty good at week 4 by adding full strength MOAB to full strength V+B at 1 feeding. They got pretty toasted and we flushed and it took them 10 days to dry out. They just stopped drinking. So that being said, probably the not the best judge of how it works on a large scale at this point.

It was 50 plants, 6k, 2.7lbs total. Down from our average of 4.5lb in that same room running Lucas.

Gonna try House & Garden Cocos A&B next and see how that is and then will try another run with the V+B.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good info. Thanks.

I've got a few small canister samples to try, but waiting for the right opportunity where I can use it for a small grow or something..or at least a small flower cycle. Where I stand right now I'd use it all up in a few waterings..as I'm going through a 50gal barrel a day.

My local shop has a few 1lb canisters sitting around at $20/lb, but just how many gallons is a pound of this stuff making for you guys?

The results seem impressive, but seems like it would be many times the cost of running Maxibloom...and many many more times the cost of running Jacks + CalNit.

Even at 25lb size.. V+B isnt really giving much of a price break.
For the volume of nutes you need , maybe the cheaper ones would be more beneficial to you ... if they work as well as V&B .

for me .... a 5lb tub lasts about 2 months . i run 3 18 gallon rez's & a 5 gallon jug for hand feeding veg . 30 to 40 plants in various stages . so 100$ every 2 months for nutes ..... works for me :)

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found that the addition of silica (ProTekt) made my pH unstable as hell. The change with strait V+B is very predictable, but the ProTekt really accelerated the rate of change.

slowandeasy

Veteran
V+B RO? or V+B tap?

are you still adding calmag to vegbloom in ro water?

i use Heads guidelines for tapering off. no micros after week 5. flush for 3 weeks.

since you spend so much time with your plants - when they start to drink less is when you step the V+B down.

what you'll notice is the plants stay green for a long time into flush. a week off flushing doesn't yellow them.

i use tap water, don't need calmag. i amend coco with DE but foliar feed pro-tekt and foliage-pro in veg and beginning of flower. i never use ph up, i use citric acid for ph down. 1.0EC of vegbloom brings my tap to 6ph.

i walked down the lucas and head path too. thats how i ended up here with veg+bloom.

I am using V+B RO version, with a lil protek to bring pH up a bit.and a lil Drip Clean..because I dont water to run-off So if I get similar results as my current mix.....it would be worth switching! I am feediing 1.6EC, same as my mix.. have a long time left in flower, they both loook perfect.. V+B slightly bigger buds now, but less sites. I will try it on another set of clones, differentt strain to see how they do...but my mix veggged faster with more sites. Clones were identiical when started

Last edited:

slowandeasy

Veteran
With the RO formula, I wouldn't think that you would have any need for the Magi-Cal.

It would depend on your tap water. If you are on a utility, they should have an analysis that you could see. If not, then you would need to get your water tested and see what the makeup is. Most tap has adequate levels of both Ca & Mg, but some (like mine) are very near RO in composition and need the higher levels available from the RO formula.

I use Magi-Cal with my GH mix....nothing but a very small aamount of Protekt and Drip CClean with my V+B.. I am handwatering iin Canna Coco, my pH stays stable in my jugs.....maybe airation iis changing yyour pH??

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use Magi-Cal with my GH mix....nothing but a very small aamount of Protekt and Drip CClean with my V+B.. I am handwatering iin Canna Coco, my pH stays stable in my jugs.....maybe airation iis changing yyour pH??

I don't aerate my reservoir, I've always been leery of the air bubbles in combination with Blumats. I do kick on a stir pump a couple of times a day at the same time the lift pump to the upper reservoir is running. I made several runs with the V+B, and had a pretty good idea how the pH changes over time. Big difference with the ProTekt, and then back to normal on the next run when I eliminated it.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I added a couple things to different rez's last round & found the same thing . I added rhizo to my veg rez & i got a slime in the rez & it took 4 times as much PH down to get it down to 5.8 & it would need adjusting the next day . i added cannazyme to my slab rez & the same thing slimey & a PIA to PH adjust . the drip clean doesn't do anything to the rez except turn it a bit cloudy . but no slime & still only takes a 1/4 tsp of PH down to adjust it . i'm back to just V&B & DC & its back to normal . PH is easy to adjust & stays adjusted longer .

the mats work. The dairy queen is stacking hard, harder than past runs, hoping to push over the GPW mark.

I'm still not adding any drip clean or ph adjusters, I haven't even checked my pH this run. shit is stable, I know this. I've been ontop of rez changes this run, every week.

f3ajyv.jpg

V

Veg N Out

Just finished our first run with V+B. Keep in mind we had one of our new guys in the grow fry the plants pretty good at week 4 by adding full strength MOAB to full strength V+B at 1 feeding. They got pretty toasted and we flushed and it took them 10 days to dry out. They just stopped drinking. So that being said, probably the not the best judge of how it works on a large scale at this point.

It was 50 plants, 6k, 2.7lbs total. Down from our average of 4.5lb in that same room running Lucas.

Gonna try House & Garden Cocos A&B next and see how that is and then will try another run with the V+B.
If unare getting 4.5 off 6 lamps stop playing with bottles and fix your environment

Latest posts

Latest posts