What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Rondon

80% of nitrate assimilation occurs during the vegetative growth period. Get em nice and dark green (a healthy dark green - there is a difference) with sturdy profuse branches and nodes during veg. Oh..btw..a large portion of photos on these forums of crops just before chop...wow the leaves stems and canopy looks beat to shit. Fried crispy leaves and just a plant on salt overload. Folks..this isnt how your plants should look at harvey.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
80% of nitrate assimilation occurs during the vegetative growth period. Get em nice and dark green (a healthy dark green - there is a difference) with sturdy profuse branches and nodes during veg. Oh..btw..a large portion of photos on these forums of crops just before chop...wow the leaves stems and canopy looks beat to shit. Fried crispy leaves and just a plant on salt overload. Folks..this isnt how your plants should look at harvey.

I like a good fade by the finish , but mine are very rarely burnt & beat up . a bit crispy from drying out , but not burnt to shit .

these are coming down in the next couple days

picture.php

Rondon

Yes. Faded leaves from chlorophyll flush is different than beat to shit leaves from salt buildup throughout the grow process. Thats alltogether different and something done on purpose for a cleaner smoother smoke. But alot of growers pix ive seen look fried by the end of the grow. And although the buds look sticky sweet...almost always take a hit. But how would one know what they could of got if they just keep doing the same?

Aspenou812

Veteran
Its pretty simple... you can push as hard in veg as the plants will allow... But u have to feed light to prevent lockouts and burns... most people Beleive more in bottled magic than they do in mother nature... Sad...But the wise grower Imbraces Mother Nature and lets the plants do there thing without trying to force the flowers to get bigger... those growers like Dan... Have the best Weed...

Hey guys, great thread. I have a few questions. I’ve currently got some plants going in 2 gallon coco pots, I’m using the veg/bloom ro version with my 50 ppm Tap water. They are about 10 - 12 inches tall I’ve topped them all once. Since pretty much day one I’ve been have what looks like classic cal mag issues so I was using cal/mag plus at 2 ml a gallon and feeding a total of around 400 ppm or .8ec but not getting any better at all. So last week I switched over to Epsom salts at about 1 tsp a gallon and then adding in the base nutes to the same .8 ec. Now the mag deficiencies are all but gone while still having the classic calcium deficiency. My original theory was with the cal mag and how much calcium is in the ro version that I was getting some kind of lockout. I don’t want to complicate things further so I’m wondering if I should bump up the strength of the veg/bloom or should I be using the cal/mag plus with the Epsom salts ? I’m also hand watering every other day as of right now if that makes any difference.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, great thread. I have a few questions. I’ve currently got some plants going in 2 gallon coco pots, I’m using the veg/bloom ro version with my 50 ppm Tap water. They are about 10 - 12 inches tall I’ve topped them all once. Since pretty much day one I’ve been have what looks like classic cal mag issues so I was using cal/mag plus at 2 ml a gallon and feeding a total of around 400 ppm or .8ec but not getting any better at all. So last week I switched over to Epsom salts at about 1 tsp a gallon and then adding in the base nutes to the same .8 ec. Now the mag deficiencies are all but gone while still having the classic calcium deficiency. My original theory was with the cal mag and how much calcium is in the ro version that I was getting some kind of lockout. I don’t want to complicate things further so I’m wondering if I should bump up the strength of the veg/bloom or should I be using the cal/mag plus with the Epsom salts ? I’m also hand watering every other day as of right now if that makes any difference.

go with the calmag at 3ml per gallon & bump the feeds up to 1.0 or even 1.1 . that should clear things up pretty quick . what strain is it ? must be a calmag hog if the V&B alone isn't enough .

Thanks dans. I’ve read through this entire thread and was really hoping you would chime in. I’m running rainmaker from ethos, and critical fem from Seedsman , the critical is the worst. I am just finishing a run in the undercurrent system and it took me a while to get that figured out with similar but not as pronounced deficiencies. I’m absolutely loving the veg/bloom just want to get things looking good in veg

Thanks brother. One more question do you think I should be watering everyday at this point? I’m going to need to set up some sort of automated watering when I put them in the flower room and I’m sure I’ll have more questions when that time comes but coming from rdwc with the veg/bloom over to coco I’m not totally sure what I should be doing.

I guess that wasn’t my last question lol. Are any of you guys using the + life in coco? I used it this entire last run along with the shine in flower but again that was in rdwc and I have nothing else to base it off. I saw some of you were using other supplements in veg so wondering what’s my best bet here. Thanks

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks brother. One more question do you think I should be watering everyday at this point? I’m going to need to set up some sort of automated watering when I put them in the flower room and I’m sure I’ll have more questions when that time comes but coming from rdwc with the veg/bloom over to coco I’m not totally sure what I should be doing.

once the plants have a good root system , you can feed them multiple times if thats your style . not saying it is ..... its just one way of feeding coco .
i personally just keep the pots wet .... not saturated , just wet . i feed them at lights on till i get runoff , suck that out with a shop vac & then i usually feed them right before lights out so they stay hydrated during the off hours . i feed them just enough so that i get very very little runoff ..... don't want them sucking it up while i'm not in there . runoff once a day is good as long as theres enough to flush out any build up .

you don't want coco to dry out or it fucks up the cation balance in the coco .
make sure your PH is always in check before feeding .
don't let the pots sit in the runoff long & especially don't let it suck it up to point the pots are drying out . thats when salts build up from crystalizing .
i'm of the mind set its better to feed low & have to add more if the plants ask for it .... than to feed it to much & have to flush it out ....
feed the plants more in veg & keep them as happy & green as possible ..... but keep the feeds low in flower & feed plain water at the end for at least 2 weeks to flush out all remaining nutes .
V&B RO formula does very very well all by itself in flower !!! i haven't used a PK booster or flower hardener in years ! It doesn't need it !

Last edited:

chronosync

automatic shoes
I guess that wasn’t my last question lol. Are any of you guys using the + life in coco? I used it this entire last run along with the shine in flower but again that was in rdwc and I have nothing else to base it off. I saw some of you were using other supplements in veg so wondering what’s my best bet here. Thanks

I just got some of the +Life and it looks great on paper. It's interesting V+B doesnt tell you on their website, that I could find, the specific species they use but on arrival I googled almost all the latin names and I was pleased with seeing some heavy duty specialized microbes. 100grams looks like its going to last me quite some time, for $20 plus ship. Not bad. I'm bound to post up some root pics when I crack the root ball open after harvest.

I just got some of the +Life and it looks great on paper. It's interesting V+B doesnt tell you on their website, that I could find, the specific species they use but on arrival I googled almost all the latin names and I was pleased with seeing some heavy duty specialized microbes. 100grams looks like its going to last me quite some time, for $20 plus ship. Not bad. I'm bound to post up some root pics when I crack the root ball open after harvest.
You no I was just saying to myself that part of my problem and I think my misunderstanding a lot of times is that I don’t actually completely understand what I’m feeding my plants and why. Sounds like you have a better grip than I do. But I just did a run with their full lineup in an undercurrent setup and had zero problems that weren’t self induced. Roots look absolutely amazing so I’m assuming the life is doing it’s job

Dans, thanks again for taking the time to reply to me. I’m sure you get fed up with saying the same things over and over but it does mean a lot to just get a personal response from a vet like yourself. This run in coco I’m going to try to follow exactly what you’ve laid out to do in this forum time and time again. I would like to get a thread going for myself soon so I can get some more input from the people who no more than I do. Again thank you sir

Mudraya

Just got done using VB for the first time. It's....ok, fine I guess. No discernible differences over GH 3 part. Going back to that. I really wanted to like powder nutes, it's cheaper in many cases (VB being the exception) cheaper to ship, better for the environment etc, but it's just annoying. Always worried about accidentally breathing the dust, nutes aren't ready and stable for awhile longer than liquids. You can't just mix and go for those times when you're off schedule.

It's not the best thing ever. It doesn't suck. Just some customer feedback.

beta

Veteran
Just got done using VB for the first time. It's....ok, fine I guess. No discernible differences over GH 3 part. Going back to that. I really wanted to like powder nutes, it's cheaper in many cases (VB being the exception) cheaper to ship, better for the environment etc, but it's just annoying. Always worried about accidentally breathing the dust, nutes aren't ready and stable for awhile longer than liquids. You can't just mix and go for those times when you're off schedule.

imo ALL well balanced nutes are more or less the same. If you have sufficient nutrients in the right ratio, the type of nutrient you're using is of little consequence.

That's why I use Jack's - Great results and I can mix it (with fulvic) for around a penny a gallon.

Rondon

If they are all the same (And they are for the most part..as long as all minerals are there in a balanced ratio and available to the plant when the plant is ready) then why not go for the cheapest fertilizer base if it's easy on the customer to use as well?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran

no way i can agree with that !!! GH 3 part gave me the blandest tasting buds i ever smoked !!!

Latest posts

Latest posts