What's new

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Green Squall

"Fire in the Sky" is on Prime.

My dad brought me to see it as a little kid.
Scarred me for life lol.
And Homeward Bound was playing in the same theater.
I still joke around and give him shit for that.

In 1975, a group of five men are driving home after working in a forest when they see a mysterious light. Intrigued, Travis Walton leaves the truck -- only to be sucked up by a flying saucer. The other four men report the strange event, but they are skeptically interrogated by Lt. Frank Watters, who suspects that murder is behind Walton's disappearance. When Walton reappears five days later, his story of alien abduction is met with disbelief.

The Walton case received mainstream publicity and remains one of the best-known alien abduction stories.

Tahoe22

Finally decided to check out The Wire. It’s pretty awesome I will say. Just started season 4. A lot of ppl on reviews said season 4 is some of the best tv ever made.

What have all you couch potatoes been watching?

Wish I could see that show with fresh eyes all over again. Tons of if not infinite rewatch value. Difficult to catch everything on the first pass

St. Phatty

Finally watched "Venom".

I thought it sucked. The black blob that goes around inhabiting people's bodies = "Particle Effects" part of Computer Graphics.

Venom ... sort of like, they wanted to provide training for some less experienced visual effects folks.

So they can get some experience before doing medium impressive particle effects (e.g. Harry Potter).

Well, at least there weren't any fart jokes in Venom. Though I think that might have improved it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The new Battle Star Galactica, relatively new, by Moore was awesome. The series finale is the best I've ever seen.

If you don't want to see the whole 5 years, watch the last year. There are a couple well done high speed "The Story so Far" YouTube videos.

St. Phatty

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4144-Doris-Ave_Baltimore_MD_21225_M51397-85533
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7000-Railway-Ave_Baltimore_MD_21222_M56157-93109
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/212-N-Madeira-St_Baltimore_MD_21231_M62714-22282

I was watching The Wire.

So to "get in the spirit", I looked up these cheap condo's in Baltimore.

No garage = problem if you have a car.

$55K for 3 Beds 2 baths.

I wonder if it comes with bullet-proof windows ?

Or maybe, 5 gallon buckets of 3/4 inch driveway gravel. Stacks of buckets of gravel in front of the windows, will stop any handgun bullet.

attachment.php

1/2 mile from the water !! ready for Stand Up Paddling & everything.

attachment.php

If I lived here, I'd be home now ! A shot from The Wire, when the Mayor Wannabe Garcetti is out CWA (Campaigning by Walking Around.)

attachment.php

Is this the same actor that plays the FBI agent in Bones ?

attachment.php

Bubble's rolling market.

The ONLY place to buy stolen duct tape & spray paint !

Attachments

• Penny 3
    Penny 3
    71.1 KB · Views: 30
  • balt2.jpg
    balt2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 11
  • balt3.jpg
    balt3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
  • balt-bubble2.jpg
    balt-bubble2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16

White Beard

The revision of Battlestar Galactica is as great as the original was horrible. The whole thing is worth watching several times.

Likewise Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Not sure video can BE better than these

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4144-Doris-Ave_Baltimore_MD_21225_M51397-85533
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7000-Railway-Ave_Baltimore_MD_21222_M56157-93109
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/212-N-Madeira-St_Baltimore_MD_21231_M62714-22282

I was watching The Wire.

So to "get in the spirit", I looked up these cheap condo's in Baltimore.

No garage = problem if you have a car.

$55K for 3 Beds 2 baths.

I wonder if it comes with bullet-proof windows ?

Or maybe, 5 gallon buckets of 3/4 inch driveway gravel. Stacks of buckets of gravel in front of the windows, will stop any handgun bullet.

View Image

1/2 mile from the water !! ready for Stand Up Paddling & everything.

View Image

If I lived here, I'd be home now ! A shot from The Wire, when the Mayor Wannabe Garcetti is out CWA (Campaigning by Walking Around.)

View Image

Is this the same actor that plays the FBI agent in Bones ?

View Image

Bubble's rolling market.

The ONLY place to buy stolen duct tape & spray paint !

Actor in cop uniform is the English actor Dominic West and Carcetti is played by Irish actor Aidan Gillan I believe and not forgetting Idris Elba as Russell “ stringer “ Bell ,,another great Brit actor,,s2:tiphat:

Last edited:

White Beard

Can’t believe I left out The Expanse...it is the first really good science fiction on TV since the BSG rework. It’s really exceptional, the writing, the acting, the effects, the direction - the whole thing is top-notch. Amazon has the first three seasons streaming now, and has picked up the show for at least one more season.

The first three seasons are an arc of their own, so the next season will be all about what happens *next*. And the set-up for *next* is astounding. Must-see stuff....

Defying Gravity was a great show, too: interesting characters, long-arc compatible, engrossing...never made it past the first season, which is a shame. Worth watching, if disappointing that it wasn’t continued.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Seems like Good Fiction evokes Sympathy.

I may not want to buy a condo set in the middle of the neighborhoods portrayed in The Wire, but I would consider a "day tour" of Baltimore. Sort of like a 2 direction Zoo - who's watching who ?

Writer Michael Connelly does a great job of making LA look both habitable and affordable.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just finished The Wire and what a great series. :yes: Great ending and all.

Might start watching The Expanse next. In all honesty, I’ve tried to watch it a couple times but it can’t seem to hold my attention long enough to get thru the first episode. :dunno:

St. Phatty

Neighbor loaned me NCIS on DVD, the first season.

The one with the Sasha Alexander character, who plays Jane.

She's on the Secret Service, they're on Air Force One with a Bush 43 look-alike.

It didn't say "Pilot" like most first episodes, but it might be the pilot.

St. Phatty

? about The Wire -

At the beginning of Season 4, one of the young black guys is in a hardware store and pays $800 for a nail gun.

I'm pretty sure the implication is that the young black guy will be using the nail gun as a weapon.

Does that ever come to pass ?

Ever since the West Oakland police department announced that they would no longer be answering 911 calls for burglaries, well that plus the super restrictive Calif. firearms laws, makes me think that SOMEDAY some homeowner is going to protect themselves using a nail gun.

It was just interesting to see it in The Wire.

OK now I want to know - in what episode does somebody get Nail-Gun'ed ? (on the Wire.)

Latest posts

Latest posts