What's new

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don’t remember anyone getting nail gunned to the floor etc in The Wire ,,
They seemed to be shitloads of guns everywhere in those projects in The wire,,,
So be like taking a knife to a gunfight lol but I watched it a long while ago so I stand corrected if wrong St Phatty,,,s2

Green Squall

I'd like to see Tom Hanks and Spielberg team up to cover Doolittle's raid on Tokyo.

That would be amazeballs.

Ya, I'd like to see something on The Doolittle Raid.
There really isn't anything modern out there on that, except the movie "Pearl Harbor", which was a pile of crap.
Frankly, I'll watch anything WWII related.

St. Phatty

Don’t remember anyone getting nail gunned to the floor etc in The Wire ,,
They seemed to be shitloads of guns everywhere in those projects in The wire,,,
So be like taking a knife to a gunfight lol but I watched it a long while ago so I stand corrected if wrong St Phatty,,,s2

Thanks !

Now I won't be watching so much for it.

Thought there might be a follow-up to the scene in the store where he pays $800 for a nail gun. But maybe not.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
? about The Wire -

At the beginning of Season 4, one of the young black guys is in a hardware store and pays $800 for a nail gun.

I'm pretty sure the implication is that the young black guy will be using the nail gun as a weapon.

Does that ever come to pass ?

Ever since the West Oakland police department announced that they would no longer be answering 911 calls for burglaries, well that plus the super restrictive Calif. firearms laws, makes me think that SOMEDAY some homeowner is going to protect themselves using a nail gun.

It was just interesting to see it in The Wire.

OK now I want to know - in what episode does somebody get Nail-Gun'ed ? (on the Wire.)

:laughing: It actually was a female-boyish gangsta, snoop, that bought the nail gun in the hardware store. :biglaugh: And they never used it to kill anyone...despite the crazy ass convo she had in the store with the salesman when she bought it! Her and the enforcer guy, Chris, used it to nail back the plywood over the vacant housing doors after they killed ppl in the vacant townhomes. That guy, Chris, and the gangsta girl, Snoop, killed atleast 22 ppl in season 4! That’s serial killer level for sure!

That opening scene of season 4 is insanely good! Might be my fav scene outta the whole series! Especially knowing now what the nail gun is for. You almost need a gangsta translator to understand what she is saying! Hahahahaha. I love it!

Hermanthegerman

Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen
Veteran
I am glad, that the second Season of "American Gods" is starting on Prime. I like the TV series very much, an interesting theme.

Brother Nature

:laughing: It actually was a female-boyish gangsta, snoop, that bought the nail gun in the hardware store. :biglaugh: And they never used it to kill anyone...despite the crazy ass convo she had in the store with the salesman when she bought it! Her and the enforcer guy, Chris, used it to nail back the plywood over the vacant housing doors after they killed ppl in the vacant townhomes. That guy, Chris, and the gangsta girl, Snoop, killed atleast 22 ppl in season 4! That’s serial killer level for sure!

That opening scene of season 4 is insanely good! Might be my fav scene outta the whole series! Especially knowing now what the nail gun is for. You almost need a gangsta translator to understand what she is saying! Hahahahaha. I love it!

"man say if you wanna shoot nails, this here the cadillac, man. meant lexus but he ain’t know it."

One of my favorite lines of the show.

St. Phatty

How many movies have done variations of the "End of the World" theme ?

I figure it's got to be hundreds, maybe thousands.

I think "Armageddon" (1998 version) is THE BEST.

They use 1998 vintage special effects to tell an ageless story.

Ben Affleck & Liv Tyler, one of his best roles.

Steve Buscemi - Classic Buscemi, I think one of his best characters. Genius geologist & woman chaser extraordinaire.

Bruce Willis at a younger age when he didn't need the hair special effects so much.

A different movie - have any of you ever watched Fantastic Vogage ?

They made the first one in the 1960's, before all computer related special effects.

It's a movie about some medical operation, so it's set in the human body. They manage to make some guy getting attacked by white blood cells, realistic - without modern CGI tech.

That's pretty amazing movie-making. :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Just watched The Highway Men on netflix.

The story of Bonie and Clyde getting nailed.

Recommended.

St. Phatty

Long Time Coming

I watched this yesterday. It's uplifting, disturbing, challenging, and heartfelt.

I watched The Thing on Netflix.

It's definitely not uplifting, and it challenges me to think what the director might have done differently.

It's a decent testament to Stan Winston type special effects (molded rubber + gory goop).

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
There's a vid called 4K Raw Elmo City Tornado. It's a bunch of storm chasers w 4k cams.

Audio is worthless but the 4K vid is smokin' on the big screen.

St. Phatty

Wildfire

it's like Beverly Hills 90210 - with horses.

RAMPAGE - it's good.

But George the Huge Albino Gorilla has no external Gonads.

Maybe that was to keep the PG rating.

Mr.Miner

Last night I watched Rolling Thunder Review: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese. What an incredible film! It's filled with surprises and turns along the way. Beautifully made.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last night I watched Rolling Thunder Review: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese. What an incredible film! It's filled with surprises and turns along the way. Beautifully made.

+1 but Bob is a crotchety old sod,,
Opening five minutes “ I don’t remember nothing about the Rolling Thunder tour” lol,lol,,s2

kaochiu

Veteran
"The Pioneer", in HBO. Life and Times of the late Jesus Gil, archetypical self made tycoon/kingpin. This is a documentary series and, as usual, reality beats fiction KO. Spanish millenials compare him with Trump, but my generation was more inclined to compare him with Al Capone. He was as grotesque as both put together.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Pioneer", in HBO. Life and Times of the late Jesus Gil, archetypical self made tycoon/kingpin. This is a documentary series and, as usual, reality beats fiction KO. Spanish millenials compare him with Trump, but my generation was more inclined to compare him with Al Capone. He was as grotesque as both put together.

Didn’t Jesus Gil used to own Real Madrid or Barcelona? ,, s2:tiphat:

kaochiu

Veteran
Close, he was Atletico de Madrid's president. In his own words, "the most famous president in the whole world". But that was just for starters...

Latest posts

Latest posts