What's new

Any "clone only" strains in Canada

CoCoSativas

The big green HP was a cash queen during hard prohibition years, it replaced the oranger stinkier varieties of the earlier 90's... Was basically bred for almost no smell during flower and dries to a bit of a sweet subtle smell.... I'll grind up a bud and try and add a few nuances but honestly the low nose was what got these spread so far and wide IMO...

Big leaves, big stems and hopefully huge flowers will fallow! She was a little premature the sample I grabbed too, but I got 6 mature seeds outta my first 1/2lbs, so there's that too..

I just started some unlabelled old seeds I had kicking about and got some serious skunk old school plants, but I honestly don't think they could cut it in today's market.... I'll post up pics though in case anyone thinks it's RKS... The leaves look right and it smells like an electrical fire at a tire factory,lol.

Hey Coco didn't you say a while back u knew a guy with an old HP...

Also be nice to do a couple sections, like Canada made clone only, cCanada made OD clone only, import clone only ect.

Around here the actual local clone only where mostly outdoor like Timewarp, A3, Egmont, purple pine berry, time berry, sea level, red moma, mighty mite ect.

Then there was cat piss, elephant bud, Kong, King Kush, purple King, Chapagne, hash plant, lizard hash plant, XXX, 007, pink, purple ,MKU, Jamaican/juicy, coffee cake, Rene, john bud, northern lights, viper, sushi, blueberry HP, chemo, Hindu Kush ,rock star, mountain jam, ddk.... Probably a bunch more I forgot or that where bunk,lol..

Yeah man old biker i know through the trades circles. Anyway i havent talked to him in a while but its the fast greazy little fucker you guys describe.

007 grown well is decent shit.

Oh haha i forgot quite a few actually. My ex has a cut of BC suger shack no word of a lie. I saw a few bags of berlin when i was like 17 in high school before i dropped out haha all good i still made it.

Ill have to write down some other shit.

I should shoot my ex a call and grab the sugar shack

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Just tried a pre 92 black domina cut that is fucking killer. Might have a chance to add to the stable in exchange for my own that I've found.

Smells VERY OG like, except with heavy heavy floral notes. Really well grown too. I actually could notice a joint after smoking a bunch of dabs, of which only a few varieties will do... so that was impressive.

Very sedative.

Sugar Shack? Haven't seen that in a spell. That was really nice though every time I saw it.. wouldn't mind finding it again. The source I had got busted and lost it.

Tynehead Tom

anything found in seed form isn't a "clone only"

a clone only is a cut that got found in a garden somewhere and got spread around in cut form only. There are a great many original cultivars born from breeding projects throughout Canada but a great many of them are or were only available as seed from seed banks.
I know that in my past adventures, we would buy seed or be given seed to grow out and select the prime females for using in clone houses feeding the big grows. Once a new female from whatever variety/hybrid was found and cloned into multiple healthy mother plants, the seed moms were usually culled. Creating a "clone only" .
It would be impossible for someone to duplicate that clone without the original parents that made the seed it came from.

my "haska" or crinkle back east in the 2 wheeled crircles, is an example of a Surrey, BC, Clone only.
Seed varieties like tuna can kush aren't clone onlys as they can be purchased in seed stock. Where as the Black Tuna is a clone only as there are no seeds of it to be had.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I just started some unlabelled old seeds I had kicking about and got some serious skunk old school plants, but I honestly don't think they could cut it in today's market.... I'll post up pics though in case anyone thinks it's RKS... The leaves look right and it smells like an electrical fire at a tire factory,lol.

how come you dont think they would cut it, and where's the pics?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
anything found in seed form isn't a "clone only"

a clone only is a cut that got found in a garden somewhere and got spread around in cut form only. There are a great many original cultivars born from breeding projects throughout Canada but a great many of them are or were only available as seed from seed banks.
I know that in my past adventures, we would buy seed or be given seed to grow out and select the prime females for using in clone houses feeding the big grows. Once a new female from whatever variety/hybrid was found and cloned into multiple healthy mother plants, the seed moms were usually culled. Creating a "clone only" .
It would be impossible for someone to duplicate that clone without the original parents that made the seed it came from.

my "haska" or crinkle back east in the 2 wheeled crircles, is an example of a Surrey, BC, Clone only.
Seed varieties like tuna can kush aren't clone onlys as they can be purchased in seed stock. Where as the Black Tuna is a clone only as there are no seeds of it to be had.

I'm not sure who you're talking to, but you can't get Black Domina seeds anymore that are worth a damn as far as I've seen...

And many cannabis lines are such polyhybrids that you will need a lot of luck to replicate the truly elite that emerge from said crosses. So I'm gonna have to disagree.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:

Should be good.

Other wise

Fucking mites. Eggs were uneffected, I'll be back for them.

I love watching the fuckers burn. 45x is fun and all but a video would be better. Seems like a lot of magnification for not a lot of price though. The USB scopes.

First they're just wet. Then a little thickening of the fluid as the waxy cuticle and exoskeleton begin to dissolve. Then no more wiggly jiggly with the legs.

Tynehead Tom

I'm not sure who you're talking to, but you can't get Black Domina seeds anymore that are worth a damn as far as I've seen...

And many cannabis lines are such polyhybrids that you will need a lot of luck to replicate the truly elite that emerge from said crosses. So I'm gonna have to disagree.

I don't get what yer meaning man ;)
no black domina here....... don't even think it was part of the discussion here.

I was speaking , or typing rather to the discussion about "clone onlys"

GSC forum is a "clone only"
GG4 is a clone only
black tuna is a clone only
Haska a clone only
I could go on...... these are varieties that there exhists no known P1 parents to make seeds to pheno hunt thru for similar plants..... thus they are clone only's . I think everyone got what I meant but you maybe ?

meaning, some of the varieties on the "clone only " list, aren't clone only's at all..... they are from seed stock that is available to pheno hunt thru. Reefermans Tuna Kush as a prime example

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I don't get what yer meaning man ;)
no black domina here....... don't even think it was part of the discussion here.

I was speaking , or typing rather to the discussion about "clone onlys"

GSC forum is a "clone only"
GG4 is a clone only
black tuna is a clone only
Haska a clone only
I could go on...... these are varieties that there exhists no known P1 parents to make seeds to pheno hunt thru for similar plants..... thus they are clone only's . I think everyone got what I meant but you maybe ?

meaning, some of the varieties on the "clone only " list, aren't clone only's at all..... they are from seed stock that is available to pheno hunt thru. Reefermans Tuna Kush as a prime example

Chimera has the forum cut mom. So do the guys in SF I believe. Obviously more than just them as well as Chim was able to source it.

His GSC offspring very much look like the forum cut. Behave like the forum cut. Some are better though from what I've seen.

The two cuts I saved, I ran 2oz open blasted and yielded just under 11g. Done safely of course (puretane, open air ocean breeze). For the record anyway... and the plants certainly could have been done better as I am still dialing it was only the 2nd run. I believe this is in line with what the forum cut typically yields.

More over I've run polyhybrids that are so diverse if you find an amazing winner it would take someone else years of effort to replicate (if that ever happened in the current conditions of small plant counts). I have a cut from a line that typically finishes in 10 weeks that is done in 35 days and is very good for example. Many people have run this line, no one else has posted a 35 day finisher. There are quicker plants in the line for sure (in the 49-50ish day range with one guy in the mid 40's), but not this quick.

And it's a line that seems to produce plants with many similarities, but they are never all the same. Run a lot of seeds from it and every plant is different, even if they are overall quite similar at times. And one is usually superior to the other.

But yes hypothetically you are correct (except for GSC forum cut, the original cut perhaps although I hear the story behind it was it was a real breeding project so that's actually maybe not even true either). Practically? In this game not so much.

I'm sure with the ability to grow millions of plants someone could find a cut near identical to mine without too much trouble except for the millions of plants part, but practically I doubt anyone else will ever find one like it anytime soon. Not enough seeds produced from the producer and not enough room to grow em all out in most gardens to do the hunt that it would take even if the seed numbers did exist.

Like consider how many breeders will cross 1 plant to another in a small little room? That limits the number of seeds big time and therefore the gene pool expression potential will never be fully realized in these hybrids.

TGA has a bunch of plants that really are exceptional that are not that easy to find it seems.

Delicious Seeds had one of their Hazey varieties, a guy found a really quick finishing plant (10 week variety, 7 week finish kind of deal) and the breeders had never seen or heard of such a thing and they actually probably sell more seeds than a lot do given the advertising they do and their popularity in Spain/Europe. It's basically become a clone only as well - just practically speaking.

But yeah, in absolute terms, they could be found again.

Also, worth noting that clone only plants can be selfed and you can indeed find identical outputs eventually. But again, pointless waste of time.

Golden Tree

Federations Mikado...

This is ONE Of my favourite all time plants...

I lost her for a while...but was blessed to get her back....here she is...DANKER than I remember...probably because this is her first run in Organics/Probiotics...(I only ran her in synthetic setups)

Her stank rivals Chem 91 all day...

Dank Burnt Raspberry...strong Skunk undertones....rank!

So happy you're home....

Much love IC dudes...great thread...and there are LOADS More elite cuts around...

So many good quiet circles caretaking and preserving elites...much love...thanks and appreciation to you dudes!

Good vibes IC...

Close to finish...flushed hard...wasted...so clean...xo

GT

A

Ashin'Kusher

Thats a nice looking Makido GT! Fed had some great gear back in the day. That Mak looks like a prime example.

So nobody out there has heard of the Conroy Kush?

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Never heard of the conroy kush, but i was about to forget bout the "Candy Jack"

It's a cut only i assume, and very great all around!

A

Ashin'Kusher

Ok MisterD,

I will add Candy Jack to the list, got any lineage info for the CJ?

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Oh red rooster!

I so much miss that big girl

I obtain that girl in 1999 from a south shore biker, its was a supposed "M-39 x Jack Herer" Sadly someone stole my mom in 2003. #@$?%&*(&?%$#

PARADOX

Death bubba, nuken, bubba rock star, master rock star and white castle are around this month in the kelowna area

Tynehead Tom

The Nuken I have are from seed ;)
And, I've back crossed it to a shiskaberry F1 , just waiting for the plant to ripen and I'll have a few hundred seeds.

I saw Vancouver seed bank had kish and nuken listed again but my emails about it have gone unanswered, I smell sumthin fishy/shady there as those beans haven't been made since mid 2000's. That and Justin, the guy behind the counter, sold me , what he told me where, the last 10 beans of Nuken in existence.

can't wait to grow out the shiskaberry x Nuken , AKA (shiskaberry x (shiskaberryxgodbud))