What's new

Any "clone only" strains in Canada

Tynehead Tom

hashplant was bunk compared to roadkill skunk(but then again, most anything is).

my friend, I'm old enough to remember the skunk weed and i'll politely disagree, but hey, everyone has their faves.
I remember one particular vanhalen concert in Vancouver when Sammy hagar was the front man, what a show that was. BTO and tom Cochrane and red rider opened that show. Smokin a cannon of good ol BC skunk while the opening notes of lunatic fringe ripped thru the air..... man I wish I was still in high school sometimes LOL

the only weed from the 80's that I remember that truly phucked me right up was called elephant weed and I've never heard or seen of that stuff again since 1987.

Tynehead Tom

I called my buddies over on the sunshine coast, they are gonna come up and see me in a couple weeks so I'll get a chance to dive deep into conversation and see what i can get my mitts on. these guys are mostly outdoor growers tho and their strains may not work for me at 3000ft this far north. we'll see

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i heard the reason we have good genetics is because of draft dodgers hiding in Vancouver Island and other remote areas in BC during vietnam war ??

The skunk we got which was like, number one of all time pretty much, came from California in 1980 in a semi trailer, about 13 clones as i recall.

my friend, I'm old enough to remember the skunk weed and i'll politely disagree

Anyone who says that had no experience with what we had. I had hashplant later, seen lots of it. I'd give it a 7.5, and the skunk we had a ten(.5).

rykus

Didn't know where to post , so I chose this thread... I don't meant to get off topic, but I watched the news today and some guys are giving out free seeds to people so they can plant them all over the place. I think "overthrow the government " or something. Now my question is this ... Will the pollen from all these male plants that grow from people planting tonnes of seeds outdoors pollinate female plants indoors and out?

Ps I too long for a certain oldschool hashplant from mid 90's. Lime green , barely any hairs, killer skunk smell, and super narcotic body stone. Made killer silkscreen hash, as the trichomes were huge, and would line the bottom of the weed bags lol.Real sleepy after a few hits . Apparently grew football sized buds in aeroponic setups... My buddy used to get it from the Sunshine Coast , anyone remember this particular cut? It rivals the dankest kushes around today, and would probably beat them in smoke competitions...

This was the plant I used in my cross. I grew up on the Sunshine Coast and worked a round that crew when I was young before it fell apart...

The strain was rumoured to be either a hash plant or a BCBB crossed with a northern lights. But we grew about 5 r 7 different hashplants and it was shorter than either the Krusty BCBB or the classic BC HAshplant.

The strain was pictured heavily by gypsy or bubbleman and posted on overgrow in a thread called BC Bud to the max. The plants finished where 30-40 inches tall and produced 1 1/4 -2 1/2 lbs each!

Was strong smoke too! Ballier nuggs than HP, more leaf but so easy to trim because the perfect pine cone shape!

We had pictures of tops behind beer cans wet that were rediculous, and I remember seeing dry buds that weighed 2.5+ ounces and where the full width of a big ziplock!

Anyways I tried to do a Bx of this strain but the Mom died, so I crossed it to the King Kush plant and the "John" as I call it proved out either Co Dom or Dom Rec because the huge stems and flowers carry through even at 25% (though that's just a blanket statement) . I crossed that male with Pink Kush and am proving it out now... Will be sending in seeds next month of this John Pink x (MKUltra, A Purple Kush cross, and a Bx to the Pink Kush Mom.

I have a crazy male from this line selected already, so I will be doing a F2 to try and get as much of an improved John bud.
Cheers

rykus

Also going to say one of the best strains I ever had and was so sad I never made anything with and lost because I was a kid was Ty Cobb from the old Emery paper catalogue before the magazine. It was Timewarp crossed with a BC Skunk, anyways that Skunk must have been crazy because it made the time warp huge and lime green and no hair, totally different!

Strong stuff, but so is Timewarp and I was young, but there was good weed...I don't know..

Tynehead Tom

This was the plant I used in my cross. I grew up on the Sunshine Coast and worked a round that crew when I was young before it fell apart...

The strain was rumoured to be either a hash plant or a BCBB crossed with a northern lights. But we grew about 5 r 7 different hashplants and it was shorter than either the Krusty BCBB or the classic BC HAshplant.

The strain was pictured heavily by gypsy or bubbleman and posted on overgrow in a thread called BC Bud to the max. The plants finished where 30-40 inches tall and produced 1 1/4 -2 1/2 lbs each!

Was strong smoke too! Ballier nuggs than HP, more leaf but so easy to trim because the perfect pine cone shape!

We had pictures of tops behind beer cans wet that were rediculous, and I remember seeing dry buds that weighed 2.5+ ounces and where the full width of a big ziplock!

Anyways I tried to do a Bx of this strain but the Mom died, so I crossed it to the King Kush plant and the "John" as I call it proved out either Co Dom or Dom Rec because the huge stems and flowers carry through even at 25% (though that's just a blanket statement) . I crossed that male with Pink Kush and am proving it out now... Will be sending in seeds next month of this John Pink x (MKUltra, A Purple Kush cross, and a Bx to the Pink Kush Mom.

I have a crazy male from this line selected already, so I will be doing a F2 to try and get as much of an improved John bud.
Cheers

I'm starting to think we may know some of the same people hehehe I know some French fellas from Roberts creek, father and son and another fella I've known since high school. he spent a year and 1/2 with a ankle bracelet when he got popped many years ago with a sailboat full of freshly chopped outdoor plants LOL poor guy but he handled it well and they only got the last load. last time I was in the crik was visiting my sister a couple years ago. Awesome people out there always a fun time.

and for the skunk lovers, I remember the skunk well. two of my uncles were growing weed when I was a child in the 70's and probably still are. matter of fact, somewhere in the family photos, are pics that have my uncles trees in the background LOL that always pissed my mom off hehehe One of the first times I had a toke of a joint, it was passed to me by one of my uncles, the skunk is all they smoked back then, along with thai and red hair.
I am not saying skunk wasn't killer, just different strokes for different folks is all. I've never had it in my garden , so as a seasoned adult toker, there is none around to do a toke off with LOL

Nader

Veteran
gelato #41 on the way. I hope it yields okayish. growing some mendo breath f2 and the yield is fucking sad, but extremely gorgeous and resinous.
I let go of ecsd, which was really nice smoke but not as enjoyable as my mean gene selections

gonna reverse my red lime #1 onto the harmony clone...it will be fucking delicious

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
yeah rykus, i have a lot of hashplant macros myself, it took good macros.

Attachments

• La diva nearly finished cycle
    La diva nearly finished cycle
    69.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 8.5weekshashp.jpg
    8.5weekshashp.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 14

rykus

It's small up here Tynehead, lol , I would not doubt for a second that I knew them either directly or circles they r in...

They use too fly so hard here it was crazy, and I think most every old timer I knew had a tale or two of the black copter or crazy chases. The sailboat isn't ringing a bell, but yeah it's a small place for the amount we produced back in the day...

Sorry, just get a little stoked when people actually smoked or grew some of the old local legends...

Anyone remember the A3 from Quadra/Cortez island area?!

stonedfly

The skunk we got which was like, number one of all time pretty much, came from California in 1980 in a semi trailer, about 13 clones as i recall.

i remember my buddy calling it "dutch" ... said its a strain the dutch are all all about. lol. kid shit.

first time i got a bag that when I pulled a bud out it turned the bag inside out cause was so sticky... i thought this is how all weed should be like, lol.. probably was wet haha . kids.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Anyone remember the A3 from Quadra/Cortez island area?!

Of course. Mighty mite too, Lasqueiti weed. How about blue truck, or A-frame? Back when we were still growing roadkill, a buddy had what I considered the first purple "skunk" around our area. It wasnt related to our skunk, but it had an aroma and was powerful, more narcotic. It was called A-frame for awhile.

Ras Mason

Veteran
hehe. the sunshine coast is a small place....

I thought hashplant was simply a term used to designate a family of plants roughly from the same mountain range rather than a specific varietal...
peace

Tynehead Tom

Ras.... there were several "hashplants" going around the BC hotspots over the 90's/2000's . I don't really like to talk about this much but seen as we are all anonymous here and we'll probably all never meet hehehe, I have 2 family members with patches (no not garden patches LOL) that have been part of the "biker" grows since the early 80's. oddly enough this is not how I got into growing but it was how I got into running trim crews throughout the LMZ (lowermainland zone ;) ). The REAL reason I left the scene and quit growing for many years was a home invasion at my breeding grow in abbotsford bc. I won't say much more about that or folks are gonna figure out who I am LOL

anyhow, The hashplant we had was not the big green that also grew well outdoor. The little greasy knock you on yor ass hashplant was in indoor only and the tags on the plant labelled it as HP in every grow site we trimmed, and had been around BC since the 80's. When I got ahold of it I bred it with Shiskaberry in 1999 thru 2001 and also with the biker cut Northern Lights#5. Speaking with my uncle on the phone last night, he's gonna reach out for me and see if he can find it for me.
I learned something interesting last night too, some of the strains they acquired back in the day were via Neville's seeds and there were certainly California connections as one of my uncles says he's personally responsible for bringing at least one cut of #5 up from cali.
really, we all know "someone" hehe so it's not about that. It is cool to see the different strains, BC has such a deep history in cannabis cultivation , it's too bad we don't have any real authorities on the subject to help put the pieces together.

edit to add: the description and pics of this big green hashplant some of these BC guys are talking about has me reminiscing. In 2000/2001 I sent a tray of what I called "Haska" out to Ontario, deep into the Muskokas. The boys out east renamed her but she is still found out there. I am also wondering if the Big Green hash plant the BC guys here remember from the early 2000's and on, might just actually be my shiskaberryxbikerHP cut. I also gave about 100 seeds to a fellow from Courtney on Vancouver island and a fellow from zabelos, on the far west coast of Vancouver island in the beginning of august 2001 on my annual trip to nootka sound. Ya just never know.

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

gelato #41 on the way. I hope it yields okayish. growing some mendo breath f2 and the yield is fucking sad, but extremely gorgeous and resinous.
I let go of ecsd, which was really nice smoke but not as enjoyable as my mean gene selections

gonna reverse my red lime #1 onto the harmony clone...it will be fucking delicious

Afficianodos stuff looks sweet. Waiting on som e lack lime reserve

Tynehead Tom

The little greasy hp is fast as fuck. The one i saw was pretty spindly and a dark coloured plant

Exactly Coco. done in under 7 weeks completely swallowing the hairs and turning 30% amber.
here I am pheno hunting back in 2000. these are 35mm photos I set on my table and took pics of with my modern sony camera. I should take all these few hundred old pics and get em scanned to digital.
This is pheno hunting the first bact of Shiskaberry x biker HP
picture.php

picture.php

and the winner, which became known as Haska and distributed from my garden in cut and seed form in 2001 to 3 individuals in surrey bc- cuts only, one in port coquitlam- cuts only, one in Roberts creek cuts and an ounce of seeds, Courtney - seeds, zabelos- seeds. muskoka, bracebridge, Whitby, cuts only.
and here she is as a baby girl
picture.php

I'm still digging thru the photos for some HP pics by themselves.
fuk it's like going back in time hahah
my buds back east like to call it crinkle because of the way the leaves have the deep crinkly grooves. I don't know if this is also the "crinkle cut" I have read about over the past while since joining the internet that seems to be rooted out of Ontario.

CoCoSativas

Exactly Coco. done in under 7 weeks completely swallowing the hairs and turning 30% amber.
here I am pheno hunting back in 2000. these are 35mm photos I set on my table and took pics of with my modern sony camera. I should take all these few hundred old pics and get em scanned to digital.
This is pheno hunting the first bact of Shiskaberry x biker HP
View Image
View Image

and the winner, which became known as Haska and distributed from my garden in cut and seed form in 2001 to 3 individuals in surrey bc- cuts only, one in port coquitlam- cuts only, one in Roberts creek cuts and an ounce of seeds, Courtney - seeds, zabelos- seeds. muskoka, bracebridge, Whitby, cuts only.
and here she is as a baby girl
View Image

I'm still digging thru the photos for some HP pics by themselves.
fuk it's like going back in time hahah
my buds back east like to call it crinkle because of the way the leaves have the deep crinkly grooves. I don't know if this is also the "crinkle cut" I have read about over the past while since joining the internet that seems to be rooted out of Ontario.

Here you are pheno hunting? Its motherfuckin Chewbacca...

Tynehead Tom

Here you are pheno hunting? Its motherfuckin Chewbacca...

ya ya... I got called jesus, the Harley ridin hippy (back when I could ride LOL), the dope king (Ontario) and a bunch of other names that aren't for kids ears LOL Chewbacca is a new one but he's a cool cat so i'll take it ;)

soopy

Veteran

#41 yields pretty well, very OG-like. She's got some stretch, but topped and trained she's a good yeilder. Not the yield of the #25 or #33 but still no slouch either...nice score man! That's a hard cut to get a hold of atm...

Latest posts

Latest posts