What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anxiety sufferer ..what's a good strain

Americangrower

Veteran
I've read this thread n trust me what she has ain't anxiety.... surprised not one person mentioned this... her problem is she is a women and I'd say 98% are BATSHIT FUKIN CRAZY .... my wife is the leader of the lunatics... is she hot , the hotter the crazier... some accept this an medicate accordingly others may need some xanax seasoning ... but the best advice I can give Ya is grow what you like most cuz no strain can totally fix that issue... but you can make yourself even more chill

Yes she is hot and yes she is crazy. That I can deal with. Xanax is what her script is for anxiety but she won't take it. I worry that the anxiety and stress is going to kill her.. that I can't deal with.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If not going the sativa route then what worked for me were: SAD which is a Black Domina pheno from Sweet Seeds, Northern Lights from Peak, GDP from Ken.

Lots of clean water, walnuts and other nuts too, magnesium citrate. Tuning out the world by choice for a period of time each day is good too.

Ready4

Veteran
Hello, a friend grows Agent Orange for his wife who has similar anxiety issues.
It chills her out pretty good and she loves the smell & taste of AO.
Also often makes her quite horny too ( so he says ! lol)
Best of luck with your quest

Americangrower

Veteran
Hello, a friend grows Agent Orange for his wife who has similar anxiety issues.
It chills her out pretty good and she loves the smell & taste of AO.
Also often makes her quite horny too ( so he says ! lol)
Best of luck with your quest

Will make her more horny...SOLD lol

I believe I had White Berry before, is that from like 2005 or 6 Cannabis cup?

Came out in 2007. I was gifted a clone from a friend a few years back, she's a keeper.
If grown inside it needs to veg big. The buds i got from it indoor tested at 24℅ THC. Outdoors it shines and finishes early.

pekelo44

my favorites for anxiety are

grand daddy purp &
blueberry
Hindu Kush

I agree a couple tokes of grand daddy purp and you'll be smiling. I'm usually outside smiling at the moon. I like blueberry also it has thai that is a calming herb for me. Hindu Kush is a happy stone also. good luck. I would pick one that smells like paradise maybe an og kush. Good luck

igrowone

Veteran
1 more choice, consider very well ripened cannabis
it's really like a whole different plant, no rush and pure sedation
downside is the time it takes, but if it helps it's worth it

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
she may not agree with cannabis. for years, my anxiety made it so i couldnt smoke at all without my anxiety getting worse. and it didnt matter the strain. i eventually worked through my problems, and now im fine with cannabis.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I wish i could smoke again.
Its straight trip panic anxiety attack.

I used to smoke everyday all day non stop.
I Was 11 years old when i started nothing happened the first several times i smoked then a lot of pot was smoked at once and the worst anxiety attack ever.( I Wanna go to the hospital HIGH!)

Then after baby hits built a tolerance and only once in a while would i get some pot that would make me act paranoid.

After several years of not smoking i tried a few baby hits of NL#5 (bcsc) back in the early 2000's I could take a hit and zone out into a game and be okay but always scared i was about to have panic attack. Then i got a little daring took a few long drags and held the smoke longer. Then bam timewarping standing in one part of the room then another part of the room anxiety attack.

Then i tried one more time and had anxiety attack the normal rush of fear have to go outside and breath and distract yourself.

After all those attempts if i could find a pot that didnt make me freak out i would try it. I loved who i was for the years and years that i smoked i was creative and happy go lucky and now days i feel bitter and uptight would love to wash that all away and be able to slip into stoner mode. I honestly feel like the hardest part of getting stoned for me is letting go of all the stress, my body can't handle being relaxed and goes into super anxiety mode lol.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Ok so I have grown and smoked a ton of pot. I haven't grown/smoked in a few years. I am thinking of starting back up but the wife has high anxiety and the last time she smoked (with a friend) I wasn't there and it didn't go well. She was tripping out, IDK if it was a racy bud or laced. Either way now she is scared so I need a mellow (absolutely no racy) high.

I am thinking something with a lil CBD in it but I don't know shit about CBD it wasn't big when I was growing. I don't want something with no high to it that would be pointless..lol.

I know it will be a indica but haven't decided what yet. Maybe bubblegum IDK but it has to yield fairly well . So any suggestions out there.

Thanks be well
You should try and find an uplifting strain rather than something that is sedative. Hia Hia hash, Strawberry Cough.

G

Gr33nSanta

I wish i could smoke again.
Its straight trip panic anxiety attack.

I used to smoke everyday all day non stop.
I Was 11 years old when i started nothing happened the first several times i smoked then a lot of pot was smoked at once and the worst anxiety attack ever.( I Wanna go to the hospital HIGH!)

Then after baby hits built a tolerance and only once in a while would i get some pot that would make me act paranoid.

After several years of not smoking i tried a few baby hits of NL#5 (bcsc) back in the early 2000's I could take a hit and zone out into a game and be okay but always scared i was about to have panic attack. Then i got a little daring took a few long drags and held the smoke longer. Then bam timewarping standing in one part of the room then another part of the room anxiety attack.

Then i tried one more time and had anxiety attack the normal rush of fear have to go outside and breath and distract yourself.

After all those attempts if i could find a pot that didnt make me freak out i would try it. I loved who i was for the years and years that i smoked i was creative and happy go lucky and now days i feel bitter and uptight would love to wash that all away and be able to slip into stoner mode. I honestly feel like the hardest part of getting stoned for me is letting go of all the stress, my body can't handle being relaxed and goes into super anxiety mode lol.

CBD Therapy. Thats the one, I am also trying Candida CD1 right now but I am months away, and might also be too high in cbd and too low thc to feel a good high. I feel you would appreciate smoking therapy CBD, such a pleasant high, I strongly recommend you try it out.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Never tried the CBD stuff personally but based on what I've read, it does seem like it would be the best way to go to treat those symptoms.

G

Gr33nSanta

What I am working on doing now, is growing super high CBD plants with super low THC, and mix the concentrates at different ratios depending on the high you want. I have made some concentrate mixing at a ratio of 1:1 the CBD Therapy with other high THC varieties and it makes for the best dabs, punch in the face seconds after you smoke it, and then very clear headed functional high with no anxiety or stress.

A good O.G. in organic soil, especially the Lemony one's for me. The terps are bright and citrusy and the stone calm and soothing , harvested fairly late for best calming effects in my short/limited experience growing OG

johnbobit

I have terrible very bad anxiety and depression. Golden goat works great also jilly bean. Jilly bean won t blow your mind but it is wonderful for physical and mental anxiety.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have to quit smoking from time to time because of anxiety. Comes and goes. Indica didn't work like I thought. Sativa didn't either.

For me it is strain dependant. Durban happened to be my go running happy ad fuck strain.

My point is rather than lock yourself into a category try as many as you can, you may find a solution.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
mexican sativa bagseed, super awesome happy social buzz plants with superb flavor. i miss the good brick seeds, i dont miss those super low yeilds tho

Latest posts

Latest posts