What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anxiety sufferer ..what's a good strain

Americangrower

Veteran
Thanks for all the responses.

I have smoked lots of sour d and hazes I think they would be to much for her.
I grew O's Blueberry it is nice but it to is more sativa/ haze I don't know about racy because I never had any anxiety concerns and smoked a ton.

I am really thinking about getting BOG's Bogglegum because I figure the NL and gum should be a good start. I grew BMR and it was very couchlock which also isn't bad as long as she only smokes a lil at a time

Americangrower

Veteran
work on the objects of her anxiety... cut down/out her caffeine intake.. coffee, soda, alcohol... I know personally, my wife's' anxiety stems allot from my PTSD adventures...

maybe edibles in small doses initially.. edibles are more body high.. GL w that..

Well she has 1 coffee a day doesn't drink soda or alcohol.
Her only problem is just her natural anxiety ..she worries about everything, which is why I want her to smoke a lil and chill, you know slow her brain down

watts

ohms
Veteran
Being grateful and living in the moment helps. Maybe a new hobby. Deep breathing, exercise, healthy diet and sleep pattern, mindful meditation. Takes practice and patience.

burningfire

Veteran
Her only problem is just her natural anxiety ..she worries about everything, which is why I want her to smoke a lil and chill, you know slow her brain down

yeah, it seems a lot of people just don't get how some people are naturally anxious, obviously stimulants don't help.

weed is good to treat the symptoms of anxiety but you have to do some work yourself.. guided meditation and just a simple walk outside can help a lot but there's no shame in treating yourself when it gets unbearable.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Loving some of these recommendations. I'm definitely gonna try to get some Ethiopian\First Lady. I'm a Sativa guy, and I think those are gonna do the trick. I really have high hopes for the Haze 19 x Skunk I just got but havent ran yet. It was pretty funny someone else recommended that.
Very good, helpful, and to the point thread guys!!!

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
The Hindu Kush recommendation sounds good. Everyone is affected differently based on our individual bodies(and minds), but I usually find Indicas best for my anxiety.

My personal favorite for an Indica is Purple Kush or a good Purple Kush cross. The whole Hindu Kush, Purple Kush, Master Kush, Bubba Kush family of Afghan Indicas are amazing anxiety medication.

For a more daytime anxiety medication I love a nice OG Kush, or OG cross(OG x Trainwreck, Sour D x OG, etc.). Result may vary with these, I have friends and family that do not find these calming whatsoever.

The Hindu Kush family is more universally effective anxiety medication, probably due to the more sedative effect of Hindu Kush vs the more uplifting effect of OG Kush. I have seen uplifting herb seems to play with some peoples anxiety.

Finally I agree some blueberry is great anti-anxiety herb, but I personally find Blue Dream to be the most happy and anxiety reducing of Blueberry and its hybrids.

Hopefully you can find something effective, anxiety makes for a needlessly tough world, good luck.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I'll also agree on the Northern Lights suggestion, which I also believe to be part of the Hindu Kush family.

Some friends and family that find Purple Kush or Masterkush and the like a little strong, have said the Northern Lights is easier on them. I find Northern Lights a little better than most Hindu Kush for daytime use, a little less sedative. Personally I find the heavier the Indica the less anxiety.

Finally a couple very sedative and anti-anxiety strains I suggest Black Tuna and Chemo, but these are quite strong for daytime use for many. However both will usually kill a panic attack with a single spliff, making them very useful medical strains.

Americangrower

Veteran
Being grateful and living in the moment helps. Maybe a new hobby. Deep breathing, exercise, healthy diet and sleep pattern, mindful meditation. Takes practice and patience.

LOL she gets none of that well except exercise..she lives in the past..ie never lets things go, can't sleep, loves food (can't blame her there I do to) and gets stressed out big time at work.

She has a script for some anxiety med but doesn't take it because she doesn't want to get addicted to it. Which is why I want to get her to enjoy smoking. I want my wife to enjoy life ..stress free like me

Check out white berry before you decide for sure. Works great for anxiety. Puts you in a warm blanket floating on a cloud. Most mellow hitting smoke I've had, perfect for the new smoker. Only a hit or two and the relaxed feeling sets in. Grow organically with plenty of food. It's not expensive for seeds and is a good producer.

Americangrower

Veteran
Check out white berry before you decide for sure. Works great for anxiety. Puts you in a warm blanket floating on a cloud. Most mellow hitting smoke I've had, perfect for the new smoker. Only a hit or two and the relaxed feeling sets in. Grow organically with plenty of food. It's not expensive for seeds and is a good producer.

I believe I had White Berry before, is that from like 2005 or 6 Cannabis cup?

thejact55

So I am an avid grower, but not an avid smoker. Most my Harvest gets donated. Anxiety from smoking is the main factor, I have no anxiety outside of smoking, my job is to travel for high level sales to hundreds of people...no issue while not stoned. I find low thc is key, like8-12%. Cdb in 2-4% from the minimal tests I have seen is good. I don't like being super sedated (although pills are fine, just weed has this effect), and not super sativa buzzed. Nelapi cbd strains (rsc malana), or rsc Sinai or Lebanese are not bad. Mellow stone but not overpowering is my key. I like the act of smoking, and I love growing, so finding proper strains is paramount.

The best cure for anxiety is to find the root cause of it, confront it, deal with it or fix it. Weed will just make it worse and never make it go away.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Sweet skunk harvested not too early should do the trick, also try having herb that is cured for more than a year to take the edge off, I have had herb over 4 years old that used to be racy and after 4 years it was calm but energizing, pure sativa.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
The best cure for anxiety is to find the root cause of it, confront it, deal with it or fix it. Weed will just make it worse and never make it go away.

I have my prescription for diagnosed anxiety, and I smoke everyday, currently living a nearly anxiety free life. Some anxiety is because of way of life, but sometimes anxiety is just anxiety, and has no root cause, and no easy fix.

Before I used medicinal marijuana, I took pills and tried therapy, made life changes, and I was still always stressed and uneasy. Now with some life changes and great cannabis I feel amazing, and live life to the fullest. Weed certainly manages my anxiety very well.

Some people get stressed out over nothing, it doesn't matter whats going on in life. These people can take filthy pharmaceuticals, live in anxiety or try to use the cannabis to stop anxiety. I don't think everyone can just "fix" their anxiety as you say. Surely some may be able to fix it, and that's great, but hard to lump everyone together as the same.

Living properly and taking care of your mind and body will help reduce anxiety, but you speak of anxiety like obesity or some other disease, that is brought on by poor living or bad environment, and can be stopped easily by the sufferer.

Without cannabis my life is good, but still anxious, then I smoke, anxiety goes away. Seems to work for my anxiety. Everyone is different, but cannabis is medicine, and truly can control anxiety.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran

I've read this thread n trust me what she has ain't anxiety.... surprised not one person mentioned this... her problem is she is a women and I'd say 98% are BATSHIT FUKIN CRAZY .... my wife is the leader of the lunatics... is she hot , the hotter the crazier... some accept this an medicate accordingly others may need some xanax seasoning ... but the best advice I can give Ya is grow what you like most cuz no strain can totally fix that issue... but you can make yourself even more chill

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 6
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 6

HeriMarry

I have my prescription for diagnosed anxiety, and I smoke everyday, currently living a nearly anxiety free life. Some anxiety is because of way of life, but sometimes anxiety is just anxiety, and has no root cause, and no easy fix.

Before I used medicinal marijuana, I took pills and tried therapy, made life changes, and I was still always stressed and uneasy. Now with some life changes and great cannabis I feel amazing, and live life to the fullest. Weed certainly manages my anxiety very well.

Some people get stressed out over nothing, it doesn't matter whats going on in life. These people can take filthy pharmaceuticals, live in anxiety or try to use the cannabis to stop anxiety. I don't think everyone can just "fix" their anxiety as you say. Surely some may be able to fix it, and that's great, but hard to lump everyone together as the same.

Living properly and taking care of your mind and body will help reduce anxiety, but you speak of anxiety like obesity or some other disease, that is brought on by poor living or bad environment, and can be stopped easily by the sufferer.

Without cannabis my life is good, but still anxious, then I smoke, anxiety goes away. Seems to work for my anxiety. Everyone is different, but cannabis is medicine, and truly can control anxiety.

Could not agree more. I have had anxiety since I can remember(age4-5) an the only way other than MMJ to ease my anxiety is to tune out the entire world. Which in my case made me a complete asshole with the lack of empathy. It was not healthy for me to do that. Mj has been a godsend for me an has made me a happy person. Anxiety is different for everyone an I hope the thread starter finds the help he is searching for. Again, I recommend Northern Lights.

Americangrower

Veteran

This sounds exactly like my wife. She worries about everything even the tiniest of things. Always has.

Latest posts

Latest posts