What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Sensi Star grow from seed, looking for the Ogre

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Glad to see you back LIMELIGHT. I said I was going to concentrate on the Indica phenos. Well, here she is at day 51, my winning Sensi Star pheno. Meet #2:

Anyone can guess the bra size? She makes a stronger finish than the others, and even though I've started to cut down on N and the others yellow, she persistantly stays green. Compared to the smallest hybrid/skunk pheno, she's a Jabba the Hut next to Pee Wee Herman.

The most convincing hybrid/sativa is #9.

#2, #9 and perhaps another indica pheno is my basic pheno selection for now. We'll just have to see what the smoke report says, later on.

The smallest hybrid/skunk pheno has already close to 100% cloudy trichs and red hairs. It's clear that she will finish far ahead of #2, which is still growing with predominately clear trichs.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Black Ra1n said:
Great grow man, they look very happy.

B/R

Thanks guys. Not happier than I will be in a couple of weeks though. This is the most mature hybrid/skunk pheno, unless there's something outstanding in the high it will not be kept.

You see the insect stuck on the trichs? It's what you call a killer high.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Lookin' good Rosy

Lookin' good Rosy

That shit is frosty.....is that a fungus gnat?

:kewlpics:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
No, they're just fungus gnat look-alikes. They don't bother the plants in any way, and they croak in high numbers from the neem oil and red pepper tea.

I took #2 out of the growroom on day 55 in flower for a quick photo session, I'll do it properly with all the plants this week. They've more or less stopped growing and have 100% milky trichs, so I figure I'll harvest most of them in ten days or maxium two weeks.
#2 is still putting on weight though, she's a f.....g monster. So happy to have met her. Let's just hope she smokes the way she looks!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Some updates from day 57 in flower. Nutrients are down to a minimum, I run enzymes with the water. Sensi Star recommended flowering time is 55 - 65 days. I'll go past that, probably hit 67-70 days. Who has taken them further? I don't remember how far I took them last time, but I don't want them to be too stony (as in stonier than they already are). I hate to crawl out to the fridge...

This is Indica pheno #7. I call her the Twin Towers. Not my winning Indica pheno, but still a nice piece of ass, wouldn't you say?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
My winning hybrid/skunk pheno #9, day 57 in flower, actually the one plant that throw nanners. I picked them out, but as you can see in the second picture, she's at it again. If she's really worth keeping, I might let her do it again.

Last edited:

Americangrower

Veteran
Sweet grow Rosy..
I have quite a few Mota Star mix girls just going into flower...They are by far the slowest/shortest girls Ive had in some time. I am guessing they are leaning towards the star in the cross.. I think the moms were Sweettooth, blockhead and I can't remwmber the other 1 may Black D...

Hows the smell of your girls?

Great job ...be safe :joint:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Some sweet genetics you mentioned Americangrower, who knows if you've got a winner in there?
My girls have been okay, not overpowering in smell. It is only now, in the last week, that it has become more pronounced, and smells READY...
...which is why I'll let them go another week, lol.

I'm soo happy that the Spider Mites have not wrecked this grow. They're in my vegroom and did some serious damage to a sickly Sour Diesel mom.
I saw a few among the Sensis in late veg and though here we go, but since I kicked them into flower; not a single one. I've been scrutinizing the plants with my 50X microscope, not a mite, not an egg. I've never seen this before, I wonder what I did right?
I kept a steady 60% air humidity in flower, temps ranged between 22º-25º (71.6 - 77 f), I sprayed with Dicofol once in late veg, I sprayed with Brimex, neem oil and red pepper tea in early flower, but as I saw no mite prescence I stepped down to code orange and only sprayed with red pepper tea in the last few weeks. The plants were as healthy as they get. Can you believe that?

A couple pf more shots of Indica pheno #2, day 59. She's such a teaser...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
The humidity probably helped out a lot... plus you sprayed the shit out of 'em.... :D
My impatient ass would be snipping some samples from her by now :biglaugh:

Lookin' good Rosy :wave:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Yes VT, I probably could have cut one of the shorter hybrid/skunk plants already, because they've been looking ready for a while now. I just want to get some more N out of them before I do. My stashbox has plentyl, so I can wait.
I didn't trim at all LIMEWIRE, so it is very bushy between the plants. The humidity stay high, and nights have been chilly. But basically, healthy plants resist the mites.

I really can't say SuperLarry, your phenotypes are totally different from mine. There's perhaps something in the buds that look familiar.
What type of lighting do you use?

Hybrid/skunk pheno #9 was caught throwing nanners again. She just won't behave.

G

Rosy...very nice report and great pics thx.I grew a pk of Sensi star outdoors last yr.I'm not sure @ the ogre but my favorite pheno was more indica in nature and had a VERY DANK rotten meat kind of smell.I could smell her 1/4 mile away...literally.I had a couple more sativa types as well.Although I prefer sativas the indica pheno was where it was at..Thx again

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Thanks for the Easter greetings LIMEWIRE. I got through it alive, and had to make up a luy in order to visit the growroom.

No rotten smell in my garden budluver, only earty lemon.

Dandy looking OGRE Bonzo, I wish I had that bud structure on my finest phenos right before harvesting, but I don't. Top colas are still growing on my strongest pheno; #2. Day 62, a few shots:

Once again #2, stretching towards the lights. From pictures I've seen of the Ogre, I think she stands up pretty nicely.

Massive top cola! That's a coke can thick.

Hybrid/skunk #3, trichy business.

Indica flower.

Just trichs...