What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Good morning rasty old farts and kindly fartesses humoring us! View attachment 18996336 View attachment 18996335

Early rain with mid-morning clearing, starting at 44F and predicted to reach 63F.

A nice visit, with my daughter and hubby returning home yesterday morning and the Graywolf household has returned to normal. I haven't heard whether they had to pay for overweight luggage, but we sent them home with books and goodies'

The books were copies of Complete Fencing by Albert Manley, in which I modeled some of the techniques, and which I picked up used on E-Bay for my grandsons.

We cleared the refrigerator of dining out leftovers last night and breakfast out this morning at Cadilliac Cafe with Nutrition Magician and Alan. View attachment 18996332
Ever kewl! My outstanding FIL was a fencing champion, and taught me the sabre.

You do not really appreciate the art unless you try it. Most people believe deep down they could suddenly swing low, high, thrust in the middle and defeat an opponent.

Yeah, and anyone could beat Minnesota Fats at straight pool. It is a fair comparison. You'd stand as much chance with either as a fart in a hurricane.

We'd get all padded up from head to foot, full helmet and heavy gloves. At first, he invited me to attack him with my wooden sabre.

He did not even have to move. I could not touch him. But every now and then, he would tap me on the knee, or whack me (OUCH!!) on toppa my head...

I have taught the basics of sabre combat to a few folks since then, but I no longer have the padded outfits and helmets (wore out years ago).

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MJ & Arlo can vouch for the dog treatz
If your dog things you are a good cook, don't seek a second opinion!
Ever kewl! My outstanding FIL was a fencing champion, and taught me the sabre.

You do not really appreciate the art unless you try it. Most people believe deep down they could suddenly swing low, high, thrust in the middle and defeat an opponent.

Yeah, and anyone could beat Minnesota Fats at straight pool. It is a fair comparison. You'd stand as much chance with either as a fart in a hurricane.

We'd get all padded up from head to foot, full helmet and heavy gloves. At first, he invited me to attack him with my wooden sabre.

He did not even have to move. I could not touch him. But every now and then, he would tap me on the knee, or whack me (OUCH!!) on toppa my head...

I have taught the basics of sabre combat to a few folks since then, but I no longer have the padded outfits and helmets (wore out years ago).
By the time I was able to take Kendo from Sensei Osada, Roku Dan, I had already represented Oregon, Washington, and Northern California in the AFLA Nationals in Sabre, but in the two and a half years that I studied under him, I hit him exactly twice that he didn't let me. I was never beaten that badly fencing members of the US Olympic team.

Both times he beamed ear to ear and was absolutely delighted.

PS: I didn't win or even make the final pool at the Nationals......................
JD Ellis in book.png

Last edited:

imiubu

I first remember Captain Kangaroo b4 heading off to Kindergarten.

Does anyone remember the name of the show with the character El Kabong?

Taking this advice on this glorious morning. Us old gals are on our way out for walkies.

Hoping all y'all old farts have a most enjoyable day.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I first remember Captain Kangaroo b4 heading off to Kindergarten.

Does anyone remember the name of the show with the character El Kabong?

Taking this advice on this glorious morning. Us old gals are on our way out for walkies.

Hoping all y'all old farts have a most enjoyable day.

El Kabong was the sidekick of Deputy Dawg

Clutch Cargo was a favorite and so was Betty Boop

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
bummer for me but I cannot do hash capsules , brownies , or gummies

no edibles here

can you believe this but edibles trigger big headaches for me and can possibly trigger a migraine so I have to avoid them

weird

i do not understand that because I can smoke or vape all I want and it’s a positive experience

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Good morning folks. I’ve been up for a while icing my back and I’m starting to feel human once again. I can’t believe how much posting you all farts do in the morning. I get up to see six pages of new post since I went to bed. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me my lung disease is causing all of my fatigue, my coughing And my equilibrium. It sounds like my body is not getting enough oxygen to give me the energy I need. Now I have to go to another specialty doctor. That $35 co-pay adds up real fast if you have five or six doctors… I think I pushed myself way too hard in my years and now I’m paying the dues

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good morning folks. I’ve been up for a while icing my back and I’m starting to feel human once again. I can’t believe how much posting you all farts do in the morning. I get up to see six pages of new post since I went to bed. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me my lung disease is causing all of my fatigue, my coughing And my equilibrium. It sounds like my body is not getting enough oxygen to give me the energy I need. Now I have to go to another specialty doctor. That $35 co-pay adds up real fast if you have five or six doctors… I think I pushed myself way too hard in my years and now I’m paying the dues
I did to many drugs..... party on!