What's new

Another school shooting

Cannavore

Veteran
Here's an article from the BBC, though does seem to be fairly new numbers, must be from all the Muslim immigrants after all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-43610936

going by monthly numbers doesn't paint the entire picture as you can see by the graph i posted which is also from BBC.

According to the newspaper, London overtook New York's "murder rate" in February "as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime".

That is true. The New York Police Department dealt with 11 homicides in February - while London's Metropolitan Police opened investigations into 15 deaths. And in March, there were 22 killings in London and one fewer on the other side of the Atlantic.

But that grim month-by-month tally is not quite the whole story.

The one thing that's always true about statistics is that there will be blips - sudden rises or falls in the data. These two high months for London could ultimately turn out to be outliers.

We don't yet know. But older data shows why we should be cautious.

In January, for example, the Met investigated eight murders in London. The NYPD looked into 18 killings.

And that means that while Scotland Yard has opened 48 homicide inquiries so far this year, New York has in fact opened 50 murder files.

Looking at 2017, the homicide rate per 100,000 population stood at 1.2 in London and 3.4 in New York.

The rate of killings so far this year in London is higher than it was during the same period last year. The fatalities include five shootings and 31 stabbings.

Why the rate is going up in London, so far this year, is unclear. There's a push for police to stop and search more suspects for weapons after a big fall in the use of the power since 2010. But New York police have also reduced their use of similar powers over the same period - and their murder rate has fallen.

_100685627_chart-stopsearchlondonnewyork-6b76f-nc.png

M

moose eater

I think there may be effort toward a death penalty, 'hawk.

Mixed feelings.

M

moose eater

Cannavore, I don't think 'Stop & Frisk' was ever a viable, fair, or productive policy, (let alone constitutionally supported), unless jailing lots of young men of color for small amounts of cannabis was the real objective.

Phatty, I delete most of the petitions and other e-mail I get from groups, left, right, or center these days, as many of them rely on 'shocker' headlines that completely fail to really understand or express the roots of any situation that doesn't match their group's narrative or agenda.

When the headline/subject line is clearly a partial/incomplete shocker, or bent clearly on emotional provocation, I typically delete it without opening it. They're often relying on the mindlessness that goes into those willingly wearing team jerseys, with scant real depth in understanding issues.

"This will really piss off Donald Trump/Sessions/etc etc." Do they -really- think that those involved in action and hope for real change are that petty, and juvenile enough to simply want to irritate or provoke the perceived opposition??!! Is this the level of maturity in our PACs??!!

If so, we're fucked!!

Try talking a correlation to either mainstream Rs -or- Ds about the Family Systems model, re. a Country that kills with little reluctance or remorse over-seas, including civilians, and our issues with violence at home. Like speaking Klingon!!

I had a wonderful discussion with a woman calling on behalf of Nancy Pelosi for fund-raising re. gun control, who, despite her Party's lack of recognition or real awareness where these issues are concerned, clearly and sincerely understood what the I was talking about.

The woman I spoke with was most likely a former Berner, and while she completely understood why I would never donate to Pelosi or other Neo-Lib/Pro-Oligarchy Ds, and can barely say Barbie Boxer's name without having excess saliva leave my mouth as I hiss my words out, she understood much of what we talked about, well beyond just the issues of gun control.

Another case where the followers were/are more astute than the supposed 'leaders.' But they don't typically get their names on ballots.
Logic, reason and understanding seem to have no place in our political system nowadays and the poisonous effects of money in the form of super pacs grows more every year. It's a constant us vs them mentality and I'd hope the history of the civil war would teach us what kind of ramifications there is for that type of thinking. I'm completely tired and disillusioned with both parties can't even remember the last time I voted.

should have just killed himself there and then instead of going crazy in a cell waiting judgment

Apparently he had planned to but chickened out. While he may have been bullied and don't think that's right this was not the answer by any means. If people get to the point psychologically where they want to do stuff like this they could do us all a favor and find a quiet spot in the woods to end it all.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Shithawk and Ringo, Before the cleanup in isle 3 we had a minor detour into Chicago food. Not only dogs, but over by Midway there's a Polish Lithuanian restaurant called Grand Dukes. Oh My God.....

St. Phatty

Last I heard they do intend to charge him with capital crimes so likely yes. There's even talk of federal crimes because of the bombs so it's more then likely he'll get the needle.

I wonder if he's ever been prescribed SSRI substances.

I think eventually we will see a courtroom defense that involves partially forgiving the shooter's shooting, because they were taking SSRI's.

Sort of like the Big Pharma version of the Dan White 'Twinkie' low-blood-sugar sort of defense that was used in the SF trial of ... Dan White I guess.

shithawk420

Veteran
im telling you zeez.Chicago has amazing food.theres this place thats more like a labratory then a restauant.they use all kinds of science equipment to make there food.i think its a 5 course meal but its $1000 per person.And dont even get me started on the steakhouses

I wonder if he's ever been prescribed SSRI substances.

I think eventually we will see a courtroom defense that involves partially forgiving the shooter's shooting, because they were taking SSRI's.

Sort of like the Big Pharma version of the Dan White 'Twinkie' low-blood-sugar sort of defense that was used in the SF trial of ... Dan White I guess.

Haven't heard if he was on antidepressants but have read articles were they list them as one of the top ten drugs that cause violence. I lived in Texas for many years and doubt that kind of defense would fly. Maybe in other states it might

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I lived in Austin and El Payso Texas a few years too and remember a story on the news. A guy saw someone coming out the neighbors window with a tv and capped him. The mayor gave the guy keys to the city latching on to the news line. They're not bashful.

jimdc

didnt mean to get all you libbies panties in a bunch last night, ok i really did because i like to point out your hypocrisy wherever i see it. suck it up.

Cannavore

Veteran
Cannavore, I don't think 'Stop & Frisk' was ever a viable, fair, or productive policy, (let alone constitutionally supported), unless jailing lots of young men of color for small amounts of cannabis was the real objective.

im from the state stop and frisk was popularized in so i know all too well. i have friends to this day who i argue with that they say stop and frisk worked and lowered crime. :laughing::laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts