What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Parking Lot Drug Deal Gone Bad

est1977

#1 Rule Everyone. Don’t do “Drug Deals” in parking lots.This is medicine. Meet in an office or a club-not behind Safeway or Ikea. Its NOT the “Safe Way” to do things.

Read below.

(06-14) 18:05 PDT Oakland — The former University of San Francisco basketball player who was shot and killed in the parking lot of the Emeryville Ikea store had been in a group that was trying to rob a marijuana dealer, authorities said Monday.

Hyman Taylor Jr., 23, of Oakland was killed and a 27-year-old San Francisco resident was injured at 7:35 p.m. last Tuesday outside the store at 4400 Shellmound St. Authorities are still searching for the gunman but have arrested a suspect in the alleged robbery plot and charged him with Taylor’s slaying.

Cassidy O’Connor, 20, arrested early Thursday, was charged Monday with murder and attempted robbery under the provocative-act doctrine, which holds accomplices responsible when their crime partners act in a way that leads to death.

Police who responded to the reported shooting found Taylor dead on the 1500 block of 40th Street, several blocks east of the store. The other gunshot victim, whose name was not released, was found on the east end of the parking lot and was taken to a hospital.

Although the store is in Emeryville, the parking lot is within Oakland’s city limits, and the shooting is under investigation by Oakland police.

Taylor, the wounded man and O’Connor had gone to *********.com, a medical marijuana marketplace, and identified someone willing to sell them a large amount of marijuana, said Tom Rogers, Alameda County’s chief deputy district attorney.

But the trio was bent on robbery, Rogers said. Taylor and the San Francisco man were hiding in some bushes when a female marijuana supplier and a man acting as her protector drove up, the prosecutor said.

After the woman got out of the car, Taylor and the San Francisco man – each armed – came out of the bushes and tried to rob her, Rogers said. Taylor fired his .22-caliber handgun, and the woman’s protector returned fire, striking Taylor and the San Francisco man, who remains in critical condition, authorities said. The woman and her protector fled; a woman who was with Taylor’s group at the time of the shooting was interviewed by police and is cooperating, Rogers said.

Nothing like a good shootout....at least one dumbass thief died.

If your going to bring a gun to a gunfight dont bring a .22....facepalm

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I hope the girl and her "protector" are found innocent on self defense.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i fucking hate thieves... You lazy fucking worthless peice of shit people need to go crawl under a rock a buttfuck each other to the end of eternity or your stomache's explode from to much ejaculation that you willingly swallow...

lazy fucks.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I watch the first 48 on the reg and consider myself some what of an honorary homicide investigator, and the other surviving jackers will be charged with capitol murder and ultimatly be held responsible for their friends death. When during the commision of a crime like robbery if someone dies, and Since you were PART OF THE ACTION THAT LEAD TO THE DEATH, of an individual you are actualy guilt of the murder of that individual., Even though you didnt pull th trigger .

DEt. Temmu Shalanie

Gr33nman

lol, got what they deserved.

"take that bitch"

i do NOT condone violence but thieves and rapists dont deserve much else imho.
work for it like the rest of us, you lazy fucks

oh man those robbers were probably quite surprised when the dude they were trying to rob pulled a glock and all they had was a .22. no sympathy. i mean i feel bad a young kid who made a bad choice is dead but u live by the sword die by the sword.i feel more bad for the guys mother whose gotta wonder what the fuck made her kid do this

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they want this in the news so people will think cannabis is a problem. The media puts a bad spin on anything cannabis related. It will get worse the closer we get to nov.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have to meet someone in a parking lot, you should know you should not be fkn around with them in the first place.

This is how shit happens folks when you get greedy for a deal and you quit workin with family or people you grew up with, you get fucked with.

I used to be buckwild blow your face off you mess with me about drugs.

However, shooting back is all fine, 'fun' and dandy, but even having to shoot is not. My new motto and approach.

This kind of stuff happens all the time in your city wherever you are, they slapped it up in an article to make some press and get some backing for the lawyers and cops who make money off this just like you do. Don't do a deal worth killin for if aint family or long-time friends and were talking years here not some conman you've know for 6-8 months

Be safe all..

F

Frenchfarma

i'm sorry to tell you that american friends, but if there were not this f***** amendment that permitts the NRA to do it's thing and all the fool people to be even more dangerous there would be less deads like this in your country. Guns should be forbidden everywhere simply...

M

mrred

Selling anything worth over 500 where you meet random people is dangerous. You best have snipers on standby when meeting someone off the net to put anything of value that can be picked up and put in a car. .There some people on america most wanted, for killing half or maybe a whole family over a pearl necklace.

right in situations like this call for 44./45.shells (one hit one kill 90% of the time from either or get hit 2x u dont have a chance) atleast a cheap ass tec 9 with 50 ready to go . but a 22. what a dumbass.

and for the french guy above im sure ur country has its problems also guns are a great thing ...its the dumb asses behind them that kill

the lil thievin bastard deserves it myself id took handgun and a fully automatic but then again 7.62 x 39 or 223 ,308 would be to much power in a city full of innocents why would i bring these cuz u never know what the robbers are gunna have

M

mrred

i'm sorry to tell you that american friends, but if there were not this fucking amendment that permitts the NRA to do it's thing and all the fool people to be even more dangerous there would be more deads like this in your country. Guns should be forbidden everywhere simply...

I think damn near everyone should have a gun. Especially women and children Guns are use more for good than bad in the hands of civilians. Even in america you have a better chance of dieing getting a check up at the doctor than a bullet.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I watch the first 48 on the reg and consider myself some what of an honorary homicide investigator, and the other surviving jackers will be charged with capitol murder and ultimatly be held responsible for their friends death. When during the commision of a crime like robbery if someone dies, and Since you were PART OF THE ACTION THAT LEAD TO THE DEATH, of an individual you are actualy guilt of the murder of that individual., Even though you didnt pull th trigger .

DEt. Temmu Shalanie

You are correct about that--
However...on the same note, if they can prove that the girl and guy who brought the weed, committed 1 (one) Felony...like her not having her paperwork in 100% order...or the guy not having a concealed weapons permit, then unfortunately, they will be Co-Defendants in Murder--
I hope for their sake that that is not the case--

JCJ

Damn wHen Keeping it real goes wrong....dude was a nice shot 2 buck em both without a scratch...Need that guy as my bodyguard lol

Xtensity

Er, is anyone missing the idiotic move of trying to sell over the damn internet? I say the seller is lucky it wasn't a leo or dea set up.

The thiefs got what they deserved. It's a shame some of them got away.

Why would a big time grower try to sell illegally to random people in a state that has medicinal marijuana dispensaries they can try to sell too?

F

Frenchfarma

GODAMN! i think that no one has the right to kill one another.
BUT i really understand why you need to have a gun in lots of places, because others do...
AND that IS the real problem

There is NO good shoutout. NO one deserve to die. As NO one knows anything about how life appeared on earth, and HOW lucky we are to be given this incredible present that is life, NO one has no right to take one's life way...
"those who live by the weapons will die by the weapons".

No problem on earth has ever been solved by the guns. Shooting is just a way of dictatorship, you impose your point of view. As the pen is stronger than the knife, the words are stronger than the guns.