What's new

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Four

I want to mess with the three trifoliates...see what happens.

In my opinion, trifoliates are simple mutants. Technically, they have about 50% more photosynthesizing surface area, yet they do not out-perform plants showing "normal" branching expressions. On the trifoliates I've had in my garden, usually the leaves were a bit smaller than the normal plants, which might explain this a bit.

Once branching goes from symetrical to alternating... they are indistinguishable from the norm. I've seen long and exhausting threads regarding their care and breeding, but I prefer not to breed-in mutations on purpose. Especially with no increase in yield nor quality. (speaking of which...haven't seen variegated cannabis in a while...folks still working with 'em?)

Questions to Jorge: Trifoliates

"...The plant you have is commonly known as a “trifoliate.” This plant is a mutation of “normal” growth for a dicotyledon plant. I have seen trifoliate plants in all kinds of conditions – indoors, outdoors, good soil, bad soil, high pH, low pH, etc. I do not know any seed breeders that work with trifoliates because they are genetically unstable and in general less potent than plants with “normal” genetics. I have cultivated trifoliates to see how they develop. The best part about them is that they look interesting and are fun to grow and talk about. If you have enough space in your garden, continue to grow this plant through harvest and you will find that it grows OK, but it will not be an outstanding plant. Personally I remove them from my garden and replace them with a plant that will produce strong healthy “normal” growth."
Jorge Crevantes

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
(speaking of which...haven't seen variegated cannabis in a while...folks still working with 'em?)

I had one that got culled for plant count purposes, Much like yourself I would rather put my energy into non mutated plants.

2 of my DJ strains show some slight mottling and color variegations, but otherwise normal healthy leaf and branch structure.

Garden is looking good OH, Hope the seed run goes well for you this short season! :tiphat:

LetsSeeYa

I hope the info helped man, if not let me know. Its been a bit so im thinking your working on that trimming, sure looks like more then i could take on. But im sure time goes by fast with a uppity strain if ya got one.

Looking forward to see the breeding part.

Much to learn here, luv it....................

LSY

Elsweeto

all looks to be under control round here. oasis and queen an eclectic combo you have going there sir.
champagne super nova simply genius!
I know I'm being a bit slow here but how did the e.e flowered cuttings get on?
I ask cause I just discovered flowering cuttings. I dunno what the fuck i was at for so long... but there you go.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Maybe this will help draw an Old Haole out of his trimming room,......

I agreed to help work with Rodney indoors and see what happened,.... well....

Here's my Rodney mum,....
picture.php

Got a Rodney poppa going too, and just like mum, he's flowering loosely under 18/6.......

Well, I now have my first unplanned offspring! :eek::

Found this volunteer in the pot of the Rodney Mum,... Guess My 18/6 breeding program is working?
picture.php

So hows your seeding program going? :tiphat:

oldhaole

Veteran
Don't know what to say. I've tried to post but the words won't come.

My sister passed away a few days ago.

It dug up family stuff long burried....
And left me with a massive case of writers block.

This isn't a GBCW trip....my over inflated ego would never let that happen.
It's more a break until the words come back.

So sorry to hear about your family loss. Sometimes life just plain sucks.

Make sure to give yourself some time to heal. We'll still be here when the brain clears a bit and the words return. :tiphat:

Rusty-n-Amber

oldhaole

Veteran
Light up or Leave Me Alone

Light up or Leave Me Alone

Thank you for your thoughts...the last couple of days...sucked

It may sound cold....but...

It's time for a dose of my own medicine....

The Rules...
1) Shit happens.
2) Get over it.
3) Move on.

Gotta fuck this donkey sooner or later...get it over with...It's not like I'm writing War and Peace....it's just a growlog.

So where was I before Sis went tits up?...Yea... I just said that.

Rusty...my plate is full and I'm going to take your advise about the trifoilates. Put the girls in the gulch, kack the male...done.

Of the four Rodney girls the tall one wasn't...you know...a girl? And the other reject had some WPM...Kacked them both.

The other two looked good. Since I pollenated them young the seeds were mature. Picked them all off both plants. Got 150 or so. Thats done.

picture.php

picture.php

Now Jack is ready to breed. And I just happen to have two now barren Rodney Moms out in the gulch that Jack was intimate with an hour ago. That's going to be the Rodney x Jack cross. On the deck I have three Jack girls with a male Rodney that are also in that post coital afterglow. The other half of that cross just got (or is getting) made.

For grins and giggles I bred the Headband and V Kush clones with Rodney and Jack too.

picture.php

And LSY...Brandi is one messed up line. A three inch tall male, two that topped themselves. The second batch looks better... I needed a project. They hate my photoperiod. We'll whip them into shape....They're just confused now.

The EE plant croaked, but before she went the Rodney cross was ready. And the EE cuts have rooted. I may save her yet.

Damn Canni....that must have hurt like hell to post your Rodney.
Can't you find a smaller pot? When's it going to look like mine?

picture.php

Last pic...For those of you that say pics or it never happened...One question...How much is here? Left side is Rodney's kids. Right side is the Jack Herer with the shitty stems.

picture.php

LetsSeeYa

Wow the Rodney looks beautiful man! Thats a heck of a lotta meds ya got there man and il bet your feeling the pain of trimming it all, cant imagine cleaning all that up, lol.

Im so damn disappointed in the Brandi, but if she gets through i know you will like her, just sucks you need to baby her as i know ya got other stuff to do. Its gotta be climate, yet they were bread in Georgia, i guess i though if they did well for me in my climate, they would do better there. But i think i dont know shit about climate i guess?

Cant wait to see these new strains your making and glad ya saved the EE, but really never doubted that they would root. I was going to post earlier about re vegging them in the cloner for clones as Headbandf1 suggested. I thought it was a great idea and bet would have worked, but its a done deal now, cool beans!

Glad everything is cool in ''Another Crappy Day in Paradise'', 4!

LSY

Elsweeto

If I could have half the crappy days you do I'd be a happy man. Its currently a balmy 1 degree celsius with sleet; thats half frozen water falling from the sky:) like snow with none of the benifits pissin down. The dogs wont even go out in it (till they feel the size 14 in the ass that is).
What's the total weight of that little bundle you got there? its a sight i must say.
good to see the O.H show back on the road!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts