What's new

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

Casper808

by Sara Steiner, (Source:Honolulu Star-Advertiser)
More News

Check State Laws

05 May 2015
Share This Article

Hawaii
-------
The reason there is so much trouble with the medical marijuana dispensary bill is because it is not good for the people of Hawaii ( "Pot dispensaries measure hangs on," Star-Advertiser, May 2 ).*

All the amendments ruin it, and make compliance unaffordable and discriminatory for all but multimillionaires with health licenses.*

For one, the definition of a "person" needs to be an actual person - one license for one aspect ( grow, manufacture, dispense ) for one person.* Give as many Hawaii residents a chance to make a good living, and people and the state will benefit.*

If lawmakers feel in their heart that sick cancer patients on chemotherapy deserve a bit of chocolate or a brownie to take their medicine, then give them edibles.*

Our representatives have got to rise above the money and do what is right for the 13,000-plus medical cannabis patients in the state of aloha.*

kalopatchkid

Veteran
No more caregivers or interisland transport?

I wish they would keep patients self-sustainability in mind, instead of placing priority on the dispensary programs sustainability.
Forcing residents to buy from a dispensary if they can't grow themselves or travel to another island doesn't seem very pono.

Casper808

Hawaii lawmakers on Thursday gave final passage to a bill that clears the way for medical marijuana dispensaries to open for business in the Islands as early as July 2016, but an expert says interested applicants will need a couple million dollars to become one of the state’s eight licensees.
The final draft of House Bill 321 passed by House and Senate lawmakers requires that applicants have at least $1 million in the bank and pay an application fee of $5,000 along with a $75,000 license fee due within seven days of acceptance by the Hawaii State Department of Health. Selected licensees will be announced next April and distribution will begin that July.
Local criminal and civil tax attorney Stephen Pingree, who has worked in Nevada for several years with their marijuana industry, says Hawaii lawmakers were particular when deciding who could be considered as a licensee.
“Not only will a successful applicant need to have that to satisfy fee application requirements, but will also need to have additional funds to build out the dispensary and production facility, hire employees, and pay for marketing, and testing,” he said. “It really takes at least probably $3 million to $5 million dollars to establish a successful business.”
The measure authorizes up to two production centers and up to two retail dispensing locations per license. A total of eight licenses will be authorized statewide, with three on Oahu, two licenses on Big Island, two on Maui, and one license on Kauai. That makes a total of 16 dispensaries statewide.
Contrary to popular belief, it will be a local industry, he says. Applications will be open to legal residents who have lived in Hawaii for at least five years with no criminal background. Business entities interested in obtaining dispensary licenses must have been organized in state and continue to be controlled by at least 51 percent local residents.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
at least they let you keep your home grows.
the rich folks who win the licenses will probably grow bunk anyways.

soserthc1

It all makes perfect sense.

In Pounds, Dollars, and pence.

£$d :biggrin:

Aloha,
Wee.

Is it any wonder that the monkeys confused

Question why we view the world in terms of profit , instead of human life ....
Can't ya see it all makes perfect sense

SurfdOut

Veteran
Yep, DEA been flying over here since last week. Buzzed the crapt out of me on Tuesday. Not the small birds like the state guys the bigger black EC-145s.

oldhaole

Veteran
I Haven't Missed You Yet.....

I Haven't Missed You Yet.....

Sometimes I do some pretty stupid shit.

There will probably some blow back from this one..... but what the hell, That's why they pay me the big bucks.....

Ok, I gotta entertain you fuckers.... don't see it happening.

Where are we?

Green Harvest flew, but here, it was a joke. Two choppers. I should not have even bothered with plant limits, for all the effort they put into this Green Harvest, I could have had 50 out there and they would have missed them. The dumb fucks came up here both time before 8 AM. That early I got none of the extras I'm not suppose to have out. That early, we are in still in the shadows, while that chopper sits in the blazing sun. Same effect as looking out at the dark from a lit room. You ain't gonna see shit.

They did buzz Casper. He was well within his numbers, and they waved at him. They fuckin' waved at him. That's never happened to me.

So, Green Harvest was a joke, but the first Summer Showers have started each of the last three afternoons. This is not a good thing. If they don't stop soon, you will soon see exactly why I have such a love affair with Skunkdog. It'll be the only strain that doesn't turn into a big ball of mold.

Green Harvest has done their little trip. It appears the new party line is; We don't give a crap what you do for the next couple of months.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, you all know the games we play. The first Green Harvest sets the clock running. Look at your garden. Figure what will be ready in that month. Those plants no longer exist, well they do, but you no longer count them. Those go in the bag. GH doesn't know about them. No cop, no crime. So, all you register is the plants that will still be there a month away. Count them. Subtract the month or mores from your plant count. You will have empty, empty, because by next month they will be gone holes to fill. Go ahead and fill the holes. Get the days counting off on those young plants.

Tomorrow I dump my clone room into every extra empty hole I have out there. Should I run out of holes, we got pots. Put bluntly...

Now we get stupid.

I suppose you all would like me to comment on the Dispensary Bill. While I have read it, I don't want to get into the minutia of legal issues... yet.

I will say it looks like a piece of legislation the Koch brothers would ramrod through a bought off Legislature. Until it is signed..... I'll hold fire.... there are flaws.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stopped by the gulch the other day to check things out

Old Haole had another refugee that the wife saved and he suggested I come take a look at it

it was not labeled but from the looks of it, its a Skunkdawg leaner of the SKDx(SCMKxB).
And she's pretty.
Like the last ones!!!!

I just want to thank Old Haole for letting me intrude and wreak havoc at his homestead. He is a true friend.

Here's some pictures of that pretty girl...
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

It seems I chimed in on last years log! Already learning a lot glancing through a few pages!

Grateful for the groundwork laid by the masters.
-Kweku

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Stopped by the gulch the other day to check things out

Old Haole had another refugee that the wife saved and he suggested I come take a look at it

it was not labeled but from the looks of it, its a Skunkdawg leaner of the SKDx(SCMKxB).
And she's pretty.
Like the last ones!!!!

I just want to thank Old Haole for letting me intrude and wreak havoc at his homestead. He is a true friend.

Here's some pictures of that pretty girl...
View Image
View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

thats sweet looking! pop more seeds Wifey!

oldhaole

Veteran
Maybe it was starting this log on post 666.... but I doubt it.

We finally got one.....

This one was unlike the rest, the rest took time to come to a boil, but not this one. This one was all over us, like stink on shit.... but just in no time flat.

When they happen, it's not like you get to choose. This one snuck past us. We saw it, but not really the big picture. Remember a ways back where I noted that the winds were Zonal? That was the hint. Didn't see it then. From sea level to the jet stream, everything was heading east. Should I have bothered to look at an ocean temperature chart, I could have watched it slip past us, then bang straight into Central America..... where it now sits. The big blob of warm water.... Called El Nino.

An El Nino effects parts of the Earth differently. You all know that. What you may not know is what happens here. One thing that happens is what USED to work, no longer does. Everything is backwards, so if you can adjust to that basic principal, you should be fine..... unless a hurricane hits. Then all bets are off.

One thing an El Nino year makes is hurricanes. It would not surprise me to run thru the entire alphabet in named storms this year. The Eastern Pacific will make storms like M&M makes candy. I remember the last big El Nino. At one point we had four named Hurricanes between us and Mexico. All heading our way. In a fuckin' row. Then unexpectedly the high pressure keeping them on track toward us weakened and they all broke North.

So, besides total distruction, what else does an El Nino bring? Easy, wet Summers, then dry Winters. In the past ten days, eight have been rainy. El Nino moves the High that creates our tradewinds to new and unusual places. Light winds allow the ground to heat, clouds to form, then every afternoon they collect over us, because there is not enough wind to push them out to sea, they sit on us and do their thing every afternoon after 1 PM. It's strictly a local quirk, the rest of the island will be sunny and dry. It is just us. After awhile, if your not careful, you start to take it personally.

So, there was no real reason to Roundup the starts. All I had to do was nothing, then the weather would have destroyed them anyway, just as fully developed bud plants. Maybe, just maybe, it was less painful this way.

OK... that's a good sign. I can almost joke about it.

The other side of the El nino card, should the hurricanes miss us, is the dry Winter that follows. Past August is unusually dry. So a normally front loaded year can easily become a back loaded one.

Continuing the clusterfuck, I had a bunch of ghost seeds all throughout the bottom garden. Enough to take the entire crop and blast it. The rain also did a number on it too....But now running the numbers, I can say all you lose is 30% between the two methods, and I'd bet that average will change when I blast the three Skunkdogs. I have never blasted an entire Skunkdog plant, only the trim, which yields stupid good. So, this should be enlightening.

Where did the ghost seeds come from? I'm gonna give this one a pass. I had a male in the area, but the seeds from him were black and alive.... and where I wanted them. We had some gifts that could have fagged. But they seem to be in the wrong places. Or one of my neighbors is experimenting with growing weed. That I gotta go check. Then there was the Roundup incident. Could that shit trigger a fast sterile naners? Hell if I know.

The next wave sucks.... It's the Roundup wave. Doesn't matter, the rain will crush them. I don't see this wet pattern leaving anytime soon. Behind them.... there lies hope. For a number of reasons.

First off, I got compost. All the rain accelerated the pile, I turned it, full of life, it is ready. Use it all. Second of all, the only time rain hurts is the last three weeks. We do have some plants now taking advantage of this wet period, Scogi's from seed, they are nowhere near ready. They are liking this rain. Soon they will be tied up, before branches start hitting the ground. Third, Grey helped me get back on my feet. Gave me a pair of scissors and let me loose on his girls. Told me to take what I needed. We traded Skunkdog plants a ways back and he even replaced his Skunkdog with the one he has from me, because after Roundup, any plant touched will never root another branch off of that plant. Should he have not backstopped me, I would have lost my Skunkdog strain.... that would have hurt.

And lastly, the clone room is looking alive again. That is, and always be, the future. About the only thing the Roundup spared was that. I'm about ten days out from untainted starts.

Other than the Borg, Roundup, Endless rain, Ghost seeds, or Hurricanes I don't see anything else that can go wrong.......

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Last few weeks here have sucked too. Got my So Cal MK cut before the rain and still had some steam rot, had to veg her a long time. Go figure our first summer with out a mature count the weather sucks. Aloha DB

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"Other than the Borg, Roundup, Endless rain, Ghost seeds, or Hurricanes I don't see anything else that can go wrong....... "

Rollin' onna floor!:biglaugh:

Jus' set a spell, my friend.
Smoke some Sativa
Plenty mo' t'ing gonna occur to ya.

"anything else"

<Wee wanders off, shaking his head and chorteling>

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Here is my So Cal Mk veg'd fro awhile lol Got 6 zips The Flo32 gets double that easy but MK is some good smoke. Raining hard here so you must be sunny but only for a few days the convection time this weekend. Some super late cold fronts thanks El Niño
037 (1022x1024).jpg

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Sounds like the borg just hitched a ride over on some clones from maui to hilo. Glad it wasnt my garden but too close for comfort.