What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Do it Again.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Yep, looks like I spoke to soon, they gave Green the boot.

BTW, Isn't he a MD? I wonder if there is any conflict of interest on his part seeing as how he wanted the licenses only to go to Health Care Providers.

oldhaole

Veteran
Yes, Green got booted, stripped of his post as chairman too, thus setting him up as the scapegoat for the legislature's failure to pass a dispensary bill everyone was suppose to be in favor of. At this point the bill is dead. It missed the deadline. The head of the Senate said she will resurrect it Monday, but unless both the House's and Senate's bills are on the same page, and they are not, that tar baby is back in the corner for yet another year. The session is suppose to be pau by Thursday.

The only path that is will work is if, come Monday, the Senate agrees to the House's version of the bill as written. Since Green got his ass rather badly scorched, it may just happen. But Ige is on record that he prefers the Senate bill. Remember, Governor Ige was the head of the Senate last year this time. Should the House's bill reach the Governors desk (very doubtful) Ige will veto it, because that stupid dickwad Green went and set himself up as the moron who torpedoed this years bill. All Ige has to say is that it was too quickly passed, has reservations, yadda, yadda, yadda, and all the blame falls on Green. Hello bus!

Just because he is a doctor, he thinks he can fuck with the almighty tar baby? Pffttt. Wrong answer. Better men than him have tried and failed.

Better luck next year.

Moving along.....

There is no way I can spin this.

But I gotta try.

I could easily bullshit my way thru it, or better yet, just show you what I want you to see and act like it never happened...you know, just work around it.... but that just ain't my style. Hell, for awhile I was thinking of just walking away from this log, because what we did was so damn stupid. But if I expect you to stick around for the victories.... every once in awhile I gotta own up to my screwups

I used a contaminated container to spray my plants. The container had Roundup in it. Residual, it had been used before, washed out.... but it don't take much.....

And I hit everything not in flower with it. EVERYTHING. The borg infested wave? They didn't like the combination and many died. Thankfully. The wave behind that? They are just starting to recover, it set me back a few weeks. Same with all the plants inground, not in flower. They are a mess.

What hurt was my plants that were to go long. The Scogis wifey saved. I fucked them up them also. And she ain't too happy about that. Thank god I get to stick her on a plane soon. One way to stop the noise..... send it to the mainland.

Where I got lucky, really lucky is a stretch, was all the plants just out of the cloner. I thought they would all just die, but since the level of damage depends on the amount of leaf surface, and this whole wave was started from young flowers, they weren't too badly fucked up. They have recovered, so the August harvest is still on track.

But the whole timing aspect of this grow is out the window. The unexpected Roundup bath forced me to dump most of the room into an already full garden. The guy that gave me the contaminated container.... No, he feels bad enough, I ain't gonna out him, came through with a bunch of replacements. The weather has been perfect, so I can make up lost ground quickly.

Honestly, this ahead of the game shit was overrated. So are plans. I needed a good kick in the balls.

Stupid huh?

Oh well, Better do this now. I think we are gonna lose Buddy tonite.

When you don't have kids, the milestones in your life are different than normal peoples'. Buddy's passing will be the last of the 11. He is 15. And in his life is a story, and a lesson. You'd probably think someone that sprays roundup on all his plants has nothing to teach.... and you'd probably be right, so if you'd just want the story, here it is;

Fifteen years ago was my last full year planting in the cane. My partner and I were working, him on the quad, me in the field. When I get back he tells me on his travels he stumbled on some puppies someone threw away. He actually apologized, because he knew what was gonna happen next.

I get home, wifey has dinner waiting. Before I can take a bite, I tell her what my partner found. Never got dinner that night. Out the door, go get them, there were six, two quickly died, of the surviving four, all were pathetic. All had different fathers. Of the four Buddy was the most physically set back. Born without a hip ball, all that held his leg in place was muscle. His back had, and I quote the vet, "The biggest Spondlosa he had ever seen in a dog his size" and he suggested the dog would never walk.

Whatever. We had 7 what were 4 more? Four puppies that needed feeding and shitting every three hours. Six of our seven other dogs didn't want anything to do with the puppies. The seventh, a giant but gentle Pit named Bruti was intrigued. His father and brothers ganged up on him, keeping him low dog on the totem pole, but Bruti had a plan.

Second day here Bruti hops in the pen, and starts licking assholes. He mothered those puppies, and when they grew up formed a sub pack with him as the leader. We tried to find them good homes, but they were hopeless. Nobody wanted our problems. When they were puppies they weren't even cute.

Then there was Buddy. I called him the Urinator. He was so timid he would piss if you said his name. Low man on the totem pole, but part of Bruti's pack never the less. One day while I was fishing, there was a giant fight. Bruti and his pack fought his Father and brother. A CSI kinda fight. Blood splatter on white walls is what I remember when I got back.

It was the last fight between packs though. And that year Buddy stopped pissing on command.

Ten years ago, looking at those dogs, if you were to ask which dog would live the longest, the last one you would pick would be Buddy.

You, and I, were wrong.

Time passed, The brother passed first. Then others, some I wrote about here in past logs, others not. As the competition died, Buddy moved up. When there were 3 old dogs left alive it was time to get some new dogs. I got Radar, the hairless thief, first and Buddy, being the only male left alive took command of her. Then came the two girls Red and Brindy. They too had no problem with him in charge. When they went into heat, Buddy was drowning in horny girls. Too bad he was fixed, but I wouldn't want a batch of his nasty puppies.

For two years, the low man on the totem pole was the boss of four bitches. From so scared he would piss on command to king of his world, young cute dogs just looking for a quickie, begging for it. Two years of Alpha. Though I doubt he will last the night, and his passing will hurt, I can't and won't mourn him. This dog had a rich glorious life, we should all be so lucky.

The last of the first pack, Hildy passed about six months back. She was born on the day my mother died, sixteen years ago. I'm lousy with dates, but I can remember dogs. Go figure.....

So there you have it, what happened the last few weeks. A dying dog, fucked up starts, improving growing conditions, wifey soon to the mainland, and Grey experiences Colorado.

Some good shit, some..... not so much.

The lessons? You really want them? Too fuckin' bad, if your still here you get them anyway.

First Lesson. If you are the low man, better start kissing asses and make some allies, if not straight out friends. Friends are good to have in a pinch. Or a war.

Second Lesson. Stick around. As you get older, you never know who above you is gonna go and croak. When that happens, be ready to push in that direction. Nature abhors a vacuum, be ready to step up.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

To the Peanut Gallery,

soserthc1.... Green Harvest. Choppers full of cops, looking at your shit, if they think you have too many, a warrant less hop into your yard where they take what they think you are over.

As for alizen? It does nothing to me. I do like that Alien line.... wish I still had the Adub. Naming is your prerogative.

DB... Last year BI had the Lawsuit going so they didn't fly there until late. Here it was earlier. Have yet to see them this year. We will see.

Grey... Congrats again on your trip. It takes balls to put your shit out there, but you showed no fear. Nice job. I can so identify with the last pic coming home. Wanna go back?

Dawn... she now wants to choke me. OH well...

Kalo... thanks for keeping us informed with what is going on. There is no conflict just because he is an M.D. I doubt he is personally is interested in opening a dispensary. That was just another hoop to jump through.

Weez.... So what? He is a fuckstick. It ain't your fault. His mind was made up long ago.

Shit..... Too late. Buddy passed. Quietly, easily, we should all be so lucky. His harem is all gathering around one last time, confused, time to say so long. I gotta dig a hole in the morning. The good thing is hopefully, since the three remaining dogs are young, we won't have to do this for another decade or more.

Later Budster.... until we meet again.

Sorry to hear about Buddy oldhaole. The only problem with dogs is they don't live until the day before you die; IMO they are the greatest animal in all of creation. Thanks for sharing his story and lessons with us. I'm glad you found him when he was a puppy, he couldn't have had a more full life with anybody else I'm sure.

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Aloha Buddy

Aloha Buddy

A toast to Buddy. Had to smile, OH you aren't the only one who did that lol Know how it feels glad it wasn't a total wipe out. Here is a plant shot for you by my weather is the normal rain. I get good when yours is junk. Thank God for green houses and fans. That is a Flo x Albert Walker 32 from Tha Doc
024 (1024x1022).jpg

Last edited:

Casper808

Buddy was lucky to have a friend like you.its always sad when our best friends pass.we will see you on the other side budster.as for mishaps,I can't tell you how many times I have ruined a round or more .but this too shall pass like a bad burrito .to sum
up life in three words........"it goes on".....friends are people that know you really well and like you anyway......aloha Mai friendz

Casper808

Latest
A bill to create a system of medical marijuana dispensaries in Hawaii cleared a huge hurdle on Monday. The measure seemed doomed last week, but patients celebrated after House and Senate negotiators finally approved the bill.

"What a roller coaster of emotions, this is the exact opposite. Now I'm ecstatic. I just can't imagine. We went from Friday to this. What a high," said medical marijuana patient Teri Heede.

The measure failed to advance out of the conference committee by Friday's deadline, prompting lawmakers to ask for a waiver to keep the bill alive. The Senate President also took the unusual step of removing Senator Josh Green from the negotiating panel and making Senator Will Espero the new chair.

"What we did was allowable under our legislative rules. It is not unprecedented. It is part of our process," Espero said.

Green refused to accept the House's version of the bill which called for dispensary licenses to be given out based on merit. He insisted on a first come, first served system instead.

"In states that have done it the other way, without a transparent process, there's litigation, there's really a lot of problems and that's not the way to do things. It really worries me that if we don't do things right out of the gate, we'll invite mainland corruption," said Green last week after the negotiations fell apart.

"We believe that many of those concerns are going to be addressed and really it's going to be the Department of Health as the regulators who understand health, welfare and safety," said Rep. Della Au Belatti,

Belatti said the bill maintains local control through legal residency requirements for individuals and entities interested in a dispensary license. The measure calls for a total of 8 licenses. Three would be for Oahu, two for Maui, two for the Big Island, and one for Kauai. Each license would allow for up to two retail locations.

Medical marijuana has been legal in Hawaii for 15 years, but many patients had no legal way to obtain the cannabis.

"We could only get the stuff through the black market so it's been that way for the last 15 years," said medical marijuana patient Keoni Ward.

The measure is expected to be easily approved in both houses and then signed by Governor David Ige, who has indicated his support.

HB321, CD1 would allow applications for licenses to be available in Hawaii starting in January 11, 2016. The Department of Health would select the licensees in March and the first dispensary could open as early as July 15, 2016. A $5,000 non-refundable fee would be required to apply for a license. An approved dispensary would pay a fee of $75,000 for a license, with a $50,000 annual renewal fee.

The measure requires all dispensary licensees and employees to be subject to a criminal and background check. It restricts medical marijuana dispensaries within 750 feet of a playground, public housing complex or school. The bill also authorizes licensed dispensaries to be subject to annual unannounced inspections of its operations by the DOH.*

Reciprocity with patients from other states would start on January 1, 2018. Later that year, caregivers would no longer be able to cultivate for their registered patients unless they're on an island with no dispensary or they're cultivating for a minor.

Casper808

Lorin Eleni Gill
Reporter-
Pacific Business News
Email
A Hawaii medical marijuana dispensary system could begin distribution in July 2016, under a bill given final approval by state legislators meeting in conference committee.
House Bill 321, which will head back to the Senate and House floors for a final vote on Thursday, was passed at a conference committee session that had been postponed from Friday’s deadline to Monday, under new Senate leadership and after weeks of deliberation.
“Id like to thank the Senate for agreeing to reconvene — it is truly a historic moment,” Rep. Della Au Belatti, D-Makiki-Manoa, said. “It speaks to the much-needed nature of this bill, as our patients have been waiting for essentially 15 years, and we had created what was the demand side to the black market. We are going to be ending that with this bill.”
The measure authorizes a vertically integrated dispensary license system, with up to two production centers and up to two retail dispensing locations per license. Each production center will be allowed up to 3,000 plants.
A total of eight licenses will be authorized statewide, with three on Oahu, two licenses on Big Island, two on Maui, and one license on Kauai.
Applications will be open to legal residents who have lived in Hawaii for at least five years, with no criminal background. Business entities interested in obtaining dispensary licenses must have been organized in state and continue to be controlled by local residents, with financial reserves of $1.5 million.
Paper applications — not digital applications — will be received by the Hawaii State Department of Health for two weeks from Jan. 11 to Jan. 29, 2016.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Yup, gonna happen. They also changed the qualifying conditions to include smaller problems like insomnia and the dispensaries here will honor out of state med cards. I still bitter about the caregiver thing.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Hahaha, no way bra I stay in demand. I hope this thing does get through without being too f'd up though for everybody. I am very interested in the quality coming out of a 3,000 plant garden.

Kaabon

Aloha. Glad to see some more island growers. Pics at the beginning of the thread looked like rice paddies at first lol.

I am shocked that the bill was pretty much completely unfucked over the weekend. Too bad no caretaker though.

Sorry about your loss. Lots of love your way.

Sux losing a part of the family. Condolences to you, happy trails to Buddy.
I'll bet he's up there guarding your spiritual garden, and chasing pigs-n-butterflies all day. :tiphat:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry about Buddy bro
i finished up some kosher kush nug run last night its pretty mean you should come try!!!

casper - sorry been busy as a mofo!!! I'm pulling down some valleys this morning maybe i can run up and we can see you little problem guys and get them sorted out one slug at a time.

about the dispensary bill...
they are gonna allow out of state med sales? awesome!!!
cmon taxes! set the table good and right!!!!
that'll be nice at least... make up for the taking away the caregiver provision.

time to get your game on point guys.
if it your kind of thing....

soserthc1

Just popping in ........another boring day at the cancer lab ( job)

Sorry about your loss my friend , dogs are the shit loyal and don't yap obsessively like the wife . Mine is pushin 11

Glad so see you guys get some medical

Casper808

Some 15 years after medical marijuana use became legal in Hawaii, lawmakers are suddenly on the verge of permitting dispensaries to sell the drug to the 13,000 patients across the state.*

In a highly unusual move, House and Senate negotiators Monday revived and then unanimously passed a medical pot dispensary bill that many observers had thought was dead and buried last week.* The measure, House Bill 321, would allow for dispensaries at as many as 16 sites across the islands, including up to six locations on Oahu, starting as early as July 2016.*

"I can't believe it - tears of joy today," Makakilo resident and medical marijuana patient and advocate Teri Heede said Monday, minutes after the vote.* "I'm satisfied with the bill as it is, to get us going.* I do believe improvements need to be made, of course.* Nothing's perfect."

Some legislators agree, and they've designed a measure that they contend gives the program a modest start while leaving it open for additional dispensaries later if demand is there.*

The program initially would exclude patients on Molokai and Lanai, but lawmakers say they plan to revisit the issue of getting dispensaries to those islands later.* The program would further ban any interisland transport of medical pot from dispensaries.*

The bill now goes to the full House and Senate for a vote later this week.* Both chambers voted to pass their own versions of a dispensary measure earlier in this session.* It remains to be seen whether they'll accept all the changes made during a series of dramatic and grueling conference hearings last week.*

If the legislators do pass it, the bill then goes to Gov.* David Ige.* His office has previously said that he's open to signing a dispensary bill into law.*

Notably, two Ige Cabinet members, Attorney General Douglas Chin and Health Director Virginia Pressler, spent part of the past weekend at the Capitol working on HB 321 with Rep.* Della Au Belatti ( D, Moiliili-Makiki-Tantalus ) and Sen.* Will Espero ( D, Ewa Beach-Iroquois Point ), the bill's two conference leaders.*

The dispensary program those two lawmakers negotiated Monday resolves the key sticking point that sank talks last week between Au Belatti and the Senate's previous conference chairman, Sen.* Josh Green.* A rare maneuver by the Senate's majority later kept the bill alive past its deadline and forced Green out of those negotiations.*

Green ( D, Naalehu-KailuaKona ) had insisted that the state award the licenses to applicants looking to run dispensaries on a first-come, first-served basis.* However, with leaders from both chambers present, Au Belatti told Green that House leaders would not accept that proposal.* They preferred awarding the licenses with a merit-based approach instead.*

Green remained firm, arguing that a merit-based system could be applied arbitrarily and would be open to corruption.* Ultimately, Au Belatti deferred the bill.*

When Au Belatti and Green failed to agree by Friday's 6 p.m.* deadline to pass bills out of conference committee, advocates such as Heede were disappointed and deeply frustrated.* Lawmakers had made a dispensary program one of their top priorities in this year's session, and the effort had progressed smoothly until last week's conference talks, which at times grew heated.*

Some dispensary advocates were irked by what they saw as a hard-line approach by Green.*

During a conference hearing Friday, Green had said he declined to meet with the governor's staff about the dispensary measure.* He added he would not change his position on certain provisions even if that might cost Ige's support and signature.*

"The governor doesn't know half of what I know or you know or Sen.* Espero knows about this program," Green told Au Belatti during conference Friday.* "He's a fantastic guy but he's not in the trenches."

Mike McCartney, Ige's chief of staff, said the administration had aimed to ensure that the deadlines built into a new law to launch the dispensary system allowed enough time to get the job done.*

"It's a brand-new program," McCartney said.* "Timelines are important.* We don't want to have an unrealistic timeline and have the people then run into problems."

The bill's latest draft provides a 2 1 2 week window in January for potential dispensary owners to submit their applications.*

Individual applicants would have to show they've lived in Hawaii at least five years, and "entity applicants" would have to be registered to do business in the state and be majority-owned by Hawaii residents.*

The latest draft further would eliminate a proposed 15 percent general excise tax on marijuana sales.* It also would allow for patients suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder to participate in the program.*

It would allow for up to eight dispensary licenses: three on Oahu, two on Maui, two on Hawaii island and one on Kauai.* Each licensee could open up to two retail sites and two "grow" sites to cultivate the marijuana.* Each grow site could contain up to 3,000 plants.*

On Monday, Green texted a Honolulu Star-Advertiser reporter a statement saying he was excited for a potential 2016 launch.* It also touted provisions he had pushed for, such as including PTSD patients.* He declined to say whether he would vote in favor of the bill.*

Meanwhile, Heede, who said she used the drug for more than 20 years to help cope with multiple sclerosis, maintained a dispensary program is long overdue.*

"They criminalize patients by giving us a program with no way to get our medicine," Heede said.*

She added that for the past decade she's cultivated her own pot - but that also requires going to the black market for seeds and plants.* "Where else am I going to get it?"

Latest posts

Latest posts