What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Sorry Hazy, Kodi is installed but I only use exodus currently as all I want is to watch some films & TV shows, should have made that clear!

every build i install just gets cut off or is shit ,,anybody got a solution ,having only 4.5 meg cant help :(

G

ganjygav

roll on when i can get fibre ,5 months to go ,i'm having 100 meg then ,will need some good tuition then please muckers :tiphat:

Does your isp not provide a fibre package? With 5 months left on your contract I would ask for a early upgrade and tell them you will sign a fresh 18 month or 2 year contract. Say if not you will be leaving them when the current contract is up.

I did this with my isp to go from 35meg to 78meg package and I still had 6 month's. I rang up asking when my contract was up because I was looking to switch to a faster provider and they were practically begging me not to go lol

G

ganjygav

Some other isps will even buy you out of your current contract if you only have a little left on it. Maybe worth looking into.

I remember my first broadband, speed was less than 2 meg. Couldn't even watch YouTube videos it was that slow. This was only 4 years ago.
I went to war with the isp and trolled them on all adverts I see online so public would see my problems. I was scaring off potential customers on social media and leaving bad reviews on every comparison site. I let the isp know I was doing it as well.
They let me out of contract in the end with no penalties and refunded all I had paid for 8 months. I still had 14 months left and I couldn't stand the thought of keeping shite broadband for that long.
That isp closed down shortly afterwards lol, they were called fuel broadband and were absolutely crap.

yts farmer

Veteran
its not my isp ,its bt ,,they haven't installed fibre in my area yet ,,5 more months o wait :(

How do you know when bt are installing fibre in your area?

I've got a right shitty broadband speed, just a bit quicker than yours i think at 5.5mps and I'm in zone 2 London ffs.

Peace.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
G

ganjygav

its not my isp ,its bt ,,they haven't installed fibre in my area yet ,,5 more months o wait :(

Bt suck with their monopoly on the phone lines. Because they have no competitors they can take the piss.
There's poor countries in Eastern Europe that get over 100meg standard because they've already got the fibre lines installed and have for years.
They don't have to pay silly prices either for the service.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Bt suck with their monopoly on the phone lines. Because they have no competitors they can take the piss.
There's poor countries in Eastern Europe that get over 100meg standard because they've already got the fibre lines installed and have for years.

BT deffo suck ,,i'm on free use at moment due to bt being such tight bastards ,,there's a cable that keeps going down to my box and instead of fixing it they just swap me over to a new terminal in the box and hope it stays on ,it lasts about a week and then goes off ,i then phone up have a rant and they swap it again ,,i keep asking why not fix the cable and they say ,,no point its changing to fibre ,i been hearing this for nearly 3 years ,its only saving me £20 a month ,,i'd much rather have a reliable and faster connection :(

yts farmer

Veteran
@hazyfontazy thank you.:tiphat:

Parts of the UK are have a worse broadband speed than some third world countries.

Right from the jump when I was on dial up my connection was terrible and when broadband came about bt recommended i get there most expensive package for the best speeds.

Did notice a big improvement at the time but my speed has always been around 5-5.5 mps after all these years and being with a few different providors. What i didn't know at the time was if i would of bought the cheapest package my speeds would of been the same, all about the quality of your line and distance to your local exchange all relates to your broadband speed.

After posting earlier in the thread i did go and check what was available in my area, Vodafone was coming up cheapest and after putting my details in said i can get fibre, but if i push the speed checker tab and put my postcode in it tells me they can only provide me with broadband currently, so I'm getting 2 totaly differnt results from the 1 website.

Think I'll call bt tomorrow for a chat and see whats what

Peace

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If you want KODI to work well, you need to keep the addons updated.

Right now, I am using Neptune, Genesis Reborn and Placenta and they are all working quite well.

Some of the well known repositories have been shut down in the past year or so and it's been a little shaky in the KODI world.

If you start getting fewer and fewer links, you're probably due for an update.

Google 'best kodi addons' and whatever month you're in and you'll find the latest working addons. Here's a current link..

http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html

DJXX

Veteran
every build i install just gets cut off or is shit ,,anybody got a solution ,having only 4.5 meg cant help :(
Hey Hazy try this buid...you will get the cosmic saints wizard, then you want the Civil War II w/info mod....here is the website... HTTP://AW.ARES-PROJECT.COM on Kodi click on addons, then program addons and it should be there, you should see a lion icon...Hope this helps..DJXX

G

ganjygav

If you want KODI to work well, you need to keep the addons updated.

Right now, I am using Neptune, Genesis Reborn and Placenta and they are all working quite well.

Some of the well known repositories have been shut down in the past year or so and it's been a little shaky in the KODI world.

If you start getting fewer and fewer links, you're probably due for an update.

Google 'best kodi addons' and whatever month you're in and you'll find the latest working addons. Here's a current link..

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html

I just use a build that's updated weekly. Saves time.

Bmac1

Veteran
Kodi has gone to crap lately. I had been using kodi for sportsdevil and Made in Canada IPTV. Now MIC is shut down which was my source for the local news. Cannot find another source.

I had been hsing terrarium for so.e time now and am filling jn the gaps with mobdro for channels etc but i find the links arent of a very high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.