What's new

ancestry.cannabis.org, lol...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Sweet Tooth will give you cavities! :biggrin: :bigeye:

Nice post man loving the flow chart pictures :good:

All I know is it's definitely unique, not the strongest or biggest or bestest but it's special in it's effects and a beautiful fun plant to grow. It lights up any growroom with good grapefruity positive vibes. :joint:

lol, glad you enjoyed... :tiphat:

Gert Lush

Veteran
One little problem which I see with this approach, is that "Afghan" could mean almost anything. There are several quite distinct "Afghan" strains, I have probably seen at least ten different ones myself and I am no expert.

So just because someone quotes an "afghan" ancestor, it doesn't mean to say it's the same thing all the time. They could be talking of something quite different indeed.

GP73LPC

Veteran
i agree Gert, but i don't have the resources to narrow it down further... :dunno:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
No probs just having fun as well .Check on brother grimms c-99 that one will confuse you.
Its great to know genetics on strains grown .The only reason I asked about the BG is i Love paridises Ice cream wich is a bubblegum crossed with the "esmeralda "white widow cut.Luc dosnt give out info so it could be that.

c99 and the breeding projects with it Like Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 are some of the most sought after genetics. It was considered the Holy Grail - 50-55 day flowering times for a full sativa high with the most clear headed and thought provoking smoke I've ever came across. Apollo 11 is a wonderful thinking man's/or woman's weed - while you are so high you can't believe how functional and contemplative you are. C99 is much more of a rollercoaster ride, It's definitely trip weed...

C99 was bred from Princess genetics, which was a rare incredible pheno from seed found in Jack Herer bud bought from Sensi's coffee shop in the dam in '96. Phenos Genius and the less talked about Cafegirl were also found in the same bag of Jack Herer bud.

--
More info on the Princess -> C99 -> Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 projects -
If you want to read direct posts from Mr Soul of Brothers grimm on the exact genetic information and breeding process:
You can check it all out here @ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4557293#post4557293 . I don't want to flood this thread with all that extra info: =]

But Essentially:

Cinderella 99 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 88
Apollo 11 (Brothers Grimm) Genius X Cinderella 99
Apollo 13 (Brothers Grimm) Genius X Princess 75
Genius = Jack Herer (Pheno) (A very thought provoking, deep conteplative high - known for provoking scholarly thinking)

-- More background into the Princess breeding that led to Princess 88 (The Precursor of Cinderella 99)--

∙Princess - A special and rare Jack Herer pheno that is very thought provoking and somewhat racy.
∙Princess 50 (Mr. Soul) Princess X [Shiva Skunk X Jack Herer]
∙Princess 75 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 50
∙Princess 88 aka Cinderella 88 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 75

And thus the original Princess was crossed with Princess 88 to create Cinderella 99. Then C99 was crossed to Genius to create Apollo 11. Apollo 13 was then created by crossing Genius to Princess 75 rather than Cinderella 99, and is supposed to have a trippier high than Apollo 11.

BTW JM420 -
You know I have Brother Grimm's cut of Apollo 11 Genius - Right?... Some of the best weed ever bred.

Which is C99 x Genius.

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

guerilla415

just for the record:

theres no afghani genetics in Highland Thai, Highland or "Juicy Fruit Thai" is a landrace or acclimated variety grown in the highlands of Thailand obviously. Pure Sativa, no afghan whatsoever, at least in the one DJ used, who knows what people are calling Highland Thai or Juicy Fruit Thai these days. Maybe you are thinking of juicy fruit or fruity juice the strains from Sensi and THSeeds.

Also, purple Thai is indeed Chocolate Thai x H.O.G., but chocolate thai is not known as a cross but rather selective breeding from the landrace Thai lines selected for the choclate taste, smell and color.

One last thing is the Blueberry Cross...Blueberry comes about from either one of two crosses according to DJ, either a Purple Thai x Afghan or a Highland Thai x Afghan, not a three way cross as stated.

Not at all trying to be a jerk, just figured you'd want the facts. Good luck

guerilla

GP73LPC

Veteran
and according to other sources, the landraces that went into C99 were Afghani, Thai, Mexican, Columbian and Indian.

GP73LPC

Veteran
just for the record:

theres no afghani genetics in Highland Thai, Highland or "Juicy Fruit Thai" is a landrace or acclimated variety grown in the highlands of Thailand obviously. Pure Sativa, no afghan whatsoever, at least in the one DJ used, who knows what people are calling Highland Thai or Juicy Fruit Thai these days. Maybe you are thinking of juicy fruit or fruity juice the strains from Sensi and THSeeds.

Also, purple Thai is indeed Chocolate Thai x H.O.G., but chocolate thai is not known as a cross but rather selective breeding from the landrace Thai lines selected for the choclate taste, smell and color.

One last thing is the Blueberry Cross...Blueberry comes about from either one of two crosses according to DJ, either a Purple Thai x Afghan or a Highland Thai x Afghan, not a three way cross as stated.

Not at all trying to be a jerk, just figured you'd want the facts. Good luck

guerilla

thanks for that information... :tiphat:

i will create new flow and post it here when i get a chance...

EDIT: here's the flow as you described it..

lineage3.jpg

Dudesome

Veteran
Sweet Tooth will give you cavities! :biggrin: :bigeye:

Nice post man loving the flow chart pictures :good:

All I know is it's definitely unique, not the strongest or biggest or bestest but it's special in it's effects and a beautiful fun plant to grow. It lights up any growroom with good grapefruity positive vibes. :joint:

the second I saw the first post, I thought this: What would SOTF420 have to say about all this :p

guerilla415

no worries my friend. keep in mind that DJ prided himself on using P1 or close to P1 parent stock. His definition of a P1 is a landrace from the original country of origin (like the afghani and Highland Thai) or no more than one outcross away from being original landraces (such as the Purple Thai (Choco Thai x H.O.G.))

I do like the idea of breaking down starins to thier parent stock, kinda gives you an idea of how much work (or lack of ;) it takes to get to the point of a stable hybrid. Hell, some of the new polyhybrids out there could prolly fill a half a page just listing all the genetics found in the strain.

Again, best of luck

guerilla

Bi0hazard

Veteran
and according to other sources, the landraces that went into C99 were Afghani, Thai, Mexican, Columbian and Indian.

Anything that has the Haze's used by Sensi is usually a backbone of [FONT=&quot]Thai, Columbian, Mexican and sometimes Vietnamese Landraces. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So let's break it down:

Jack Herer =
[/FONT]Skunk #1 X Northern Lights #5 X Haze
Skunk #1 =
Afghani X Thai X Colombian Gold
Northern Lights =
Afghani x Thai backcrossed to Afghani. (I assume)

The phenos of Jack Herer called Princess, Genius, and Cafegirl were all found from the same bag of Jack Herer nug.

Mr Soul took Princess and crossed it to Shiva Skunk
[FONT=&quot] (Sensi Seeds) Skunk #1 X Northern Lights #5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Which seems like a fitting cross to help stabilize the genetics of Jack Herer, since it's basically Jack Herer without the haze. This created Princess 50 since it showed a balanced 50% expression of princess. This was backcrossed to create Princess 75 and Princess 88. Princess 88 was then crossed back to the original Princess and C99 was born (Cinderella being a princess). C99 was crossed with genius to create Apollo 11. Princess 75 was crossed to Genius to create Apollo 13 which is the trippier of the Apollo's.

So yes, deep down they share a very similar genetic pool with the strains you were talking about, same with Jack Herer and Shiva skunk (at least). But as was said - many of the backbones genetics that were used in many strains for breeding and stabilization can be found in modern genetics.

[/FONT]

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
!-this stuff can make your head spin without even smoking it-!

nice breakdown of the lineage!

GP73LPC

Veteran
how about AK-47. Short lineage, great genetics...

AK-47 is Colombian X Mexican X Thai X Afghani. All landraces...

lineage4.jpg

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
OK, here's my strain "HIGH COUNTRY INDICA"

Current stock of mother plants was produced from Colloidal Silver feminized seed of the original plant.​

THIS IS IT'S AWESOME GENETICS​

HIGH COUNTRY INDICA
I
BAGSEED

I've maintained it for over 12 years, it was clone only umtil I made feminized seed recently.

SHORT AND STOUT, TYPICAL FAT INDICA LEAFS
picture.php

CLONES EASILY, EVEN IN DIRT....HERES 40

picture.php

CLONES DEVELOP GOOD ROOTS

picture.php

FOR COLAS LIKE THIS

picture.php

TRIMMED AND MORE CLONES

picture.php

• Has never hermied​
  • Stable​
  • Clones easily​
  • Finishes in 6-7 weeks​
  • typical couch lock indica​
This is a full on indica hash plant....so what's in a name....and I have kept it for many years....bagseed.....HIGH COUNTRY INDICA

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Veteran
Anything that has the Haze's used by Sensi is usually a backbone of [FONT=&quot]Thai, Columbian, Mexican and sometimes Vietnamese Landraces. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So let's break it down:

Jack Herer =
[/FONT]Skunk #1 X Northern Lights #5 X Haze
Skunk #1 =
Afghani X Thai X Colombian Gold
Northern Lights =
Afghani x Thai backcrossed to Afghani. (I assume)

The phenos of Jack Herer called Princess, Genius, and Cafegirl were all found from the same bag of Jack Herer nug.

Mr Soul took Princess and crossed it to Shiva Skunk
[FONT=&quot] (Sensi Seeds) Skunk #1 X Northern Lights #5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Which seems like a fitting cross to help stabilize the genetics of Jack Herer, since it's basically Jack Herer without the haze. This created Princess 50 since it showed a balanced 50% expression of princess. This was backcrossed to create Princess 75 and Princess 88. Princess 88 was then crossed back to the original Princess and C99 was born (Cinderella being a princess). C99 was crossed with genius to create Apollo 11. Princess 75 was crossed to Genius to create Apollo 13 which is the trippier of the Apollo's.

So yes, deep down they share a very similar genetic pool with the strains you were talking about, same with Jack Herer and Shiva skunk (at least). But as was said - many of the backbones genetics that were used in many strains for breeding and stabilization can be found in modern genetics.

[/FONT]

Did I get anywhere close ???

the summarized version or the long form :D

lineage5.jpg

:chin:

lineage6.jpg

GP73LPC

Veteran
@High Country, names not needed, very nice strain, congrats and protect that ;)

in fact make seeds and sell us all some :D

@Lay, thanks, no problem, enjoy...

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
@High Country, names not needed, very nice strain, congrats and protect that ;)

in fact make seeds and sell us all some :D

@Lay, thanks, no problem, enjoy...

Yeh I joke about it a bit but I do find the genetic side of it all quite interesting. The sativas, indicas and the many crosses.

People searching for the ultimate plant, shit, farmers and major corperations are doing it all the time and the corperations have the money to delve into genetic engineering, good luck to them.

I'm just lucky I found something incredibly stable....a relentlessr rock solid performer....it has never failed me.

So I do appreciate the work people have put in to the breeding of cannabis.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Dude,

You are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to put that together. Do you do them by hand in notepad or do you have software that helps make it easier? Just curious - I wouldn't mind helping add to the collection.

They both look accurate to me. These could be very helpful for breeders to think of ways to stabilize or hone into characteristics also expressed in it's pedigree.

Seriously a good job on this one - it was a pretty big list of precursors.

Keep em coming =]