What's new

AN PH Perfect experiences?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
PH is important. PH Perfect is not
All the nutes Ive used designed for my medium and water = hassle free stable PH.
End of story

fuck ph perfect, thats just one product they sell, you were hating on the whole AN product line.
not even i care about ph perfect tbh its not needed its easy to ph up or down anyway.
and if your ph is right already, because of your water in your area or whatnot, good for you!!! its just lucky.. doesnt make you a fantastic grower because your ro water is the correct ph. jeez

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
when your gonna hate on a nutrient line, you better have something to show that your grows are better than anyone elses on this thread. which you cant do. ive looked through your thread, you plant look nice. but no better than mine or anybody elses on this site tbh.

T

TribalSeeds

I never claimed to be fantastic. In fact I said I didnt have a green thumb at all. I also never said PH wasnt important. Find it in the thread. Just like all the other things youre pulling out of your ass that I didnt say, or youre just not getting it. Youre not making any sense here. You must grow some super potent bud. I didnt call you a rookie, but Ive read TREES posts on aero!
Oh yea, I built a stinkbud/superstoner aero system a few years ago. I found a much easier way to grow though.

growshopfrank

Veteran
the majority of customers that buy ph perfect are happy and continue to buy more so i would say that its a reasonably good product
FWIW I'm not a huge AN fan

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I never claimed to be fantastic. In fact I said I didnt have a green thumb at all. I also never said PH wasnt important. Find it in the thread. Just like all the other things youre pulling out of your ass that I didnt say, or youre just not getting it. Youre not making any sense here. You must grow some super potent bud. I didnt call you a rookie, but Ive read TREES posts.

man why do you keep rambling on about not being understood. i smoke probably less than once a month at the moment bro.. if at all most times. so its most likely that its you whos not quite with the thread not me. im defo not a rookie and ive got my fair share of experince with different lines.
if you dont like AN thats your choice. dont go around saying you need 50 bottles of AN to keep your plants alive and that its expensive ( cost me no more than, say, canna to run). just get your facts right. still pulling it out my ass or shall i qoute everything you have said?

whodare

Veteran
25#s calcium nitrate.... 35$

25#s 5-12-26 base.... 35$

Shipping from JR Peters... 10$

5000 gallons of nutrient solution for 80$... Priceless

Give it a try folks....

T

TribalSeeds

man why do you keep rambling on about not being understood. i smoke probably less than once a month at the moment bro.. if at all most times. so its most likely that its you whos not quite with the thread not me. im defo not a rookie and ive got my fair share of experince with different lines.
if you dont like AN thats your choice. dont go around saying you need 50 bottles of AN to keep your plants alive and that its expensive ( cost me no more than, say, canna to run). just get your facts right. still pulling it out my ass or shall i qoute everything you have said?

Im being understood? I tell you I dont have a green thumb so I keep things simple and you tell me Im saying Im a fantastic grower? THE FUCK?

Heres what I said:

People who use 50 bottles of AN start to think something called PH Perfect looks attractive because their res is going crazy.

So - YOU didnt use 99 AN additives in your res and you dont use PH Perfect? Thats what youre saying right?

Then you dont know what Im talking about, but TREE does. Peace

Hey TREE, how did that double the dose of all your favorite additives go? We're still waiting on pics from that grow, buddy!

alamony2005

Give it a try folks....

Hands down I cant touch that for value.. but can I ask.. do your nutes come with cartoon labels and outrageous claims? They probably don't and you know we all love those fancy product designs. haha im just being dumb but sir you do have a solid point, nutes can be made or had or penny's on the dollar compared to all others and they will be a stellar job as good as any. Another proven solution to avoiding common store brands is right here in your post. Thank you !

+rep

Im being understood?
Heres what I said:

People who use 50 bottles of AN start to think something called PH Perfect looks attractive because their res is going crazy.

So - YOU didnt use 99 AN additives in your res and you dont use PH Perfect? Thats what youre saying right?

Then you dont know what Im talking about, but TREE does. Peace

Hey TREE, how did that double the dose of all your favorite additives go? We're still waiting on pics from that grow, buddy!

I have used (insert name of a million additives) from many brands. Although I can't and wont attempt to shed some clear light on all of those. But what I can say is that my res did not "go crazy" my rez did not do anything abnormal.. get this.. that was my first grow in something I hand built copying other members on the board based on their suggestions and taking some chance. Can you explain why I did not experience those problems you claim instantly happen when using them? Here is a picture of some of the shit I used in my res and by golly it didnt screw anything up..sorry man.

picture.php

Feel free to knock it more sir but it didnt fail me or any of the other people who have spent their cash on the same stuff at the local hydro store. Infact we get people saying how simple stuff is.

Another thing to chew on, AN lists their products for use in stages or levels. The basic level is simple, Part A and B Sensi Gro for veg, and a counter part for flower consisting of A-B. Thats for the inexperienced grower. Wow.. simple right? Sounds like a similar mixture a very popular person here use's. *Rez Dog* (Rezipe) Gen Hydro stuff, flora bloom. **A** Floramicro **B** add in two parts and he insists to adjust ph which means a 3rd additive then a 4th additive Kool Bloom. hmm one of the most notorious growers using more than 2 parts. Sure both systems work just fine. But it gets more complicated... AN has a intermediate level, a expert level and a Grand Master grower in which you take total control of your grow breaking it down to specific nutes in which they say you need IF you want.

Well hell that grand master level sure is complicated but I have seen it run first hand and it still produced excellent results.... Sure it cost more but thats not the idea right... it simply boils down to if it worked for the grower. Sorry it didnt work for you..

My res worked, and it works for many more people here too.

To sum it up, I can't understand where you base your claims that it WILL make your rez crazy simply by adding more things that where DESIGNED to be used together. Each company has their advantages and draw backs, AN just happens to have this minor advantage where you dont need to buffer your pH, it simply helps to maintain it at a certain level they have determined; Others don't. Ill say it again, using AN pH perfect bottle will indeed help you maintain that pre-set level of pH your plant MIGHT like, but it wont automatically fuck everything up. Here's is my link to using such products. Sure its not the pH perfect specific line, but I have used both series and both are good for doing what they say.

One link to a grow of their products not makeing a rez go crazy. BEWARE this could have been a fluke.. who knows maybe they do make shit go crazy but not here.... not any of the times ive tried..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157514

:ying:

:2cents:

:yeahthats

blackone

Veteran

Give it a try folks....

I would love to do something like that... I've got a nute with an NPK value of 14-3-23 (hornum - local Danish tomato fert with micro) that dissolves very well in water. PH control is a real must here - I had serious deficiencies when I tried vegging with it until I added a little vinegar. Didn't measure actually - my friend with similar water told me how much he would usually add when growing with GHE 3-part and I followed his advice lol. Anyway after adding vinegar the plants grew very well. Adjusting PH with phosphoric acid and adding PK 13-14 might be all that is needed to make a very cheap flowering res from this nutrient...

Anyway - at the moment I'm broke and can't afford a PH meter and can't afford experimenting much either so I'm sticking to PH perfect that I know works for me so far - will see how the flowers finish and then perhaps try my luck with a single tub.

One thing I will never ever do is start feeding with a full AN line that's for sure.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
at the request of another member im posting a few pics up of my recent AN fed grows.

these are my own cut of ak47 and one pic (first picture) agent orange from seed. the one where the buds are falling over under their own is weight is my ak47 cut (second pic), the pic does not do them justice really.

they are not the best pics but they prove i actually grow something nice lol

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

lookin good siftedunity. is that hydro? if so how high do you go with your ppm?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
lookin good siftedunity. is that hydro? if so how high do you go with your ppm?

i grow in coco. 1000ppm.

those plants were just on this:

sensibloom a= 2ml per litre
b= 2ml per litre

big bud 2ml per litre

from week 5 till flush i use shooting powder at the recomended dose. i dont go above 1000ppm ever, and a water with fresh ph water once or twice a week. plus my ph range is from 5.6 to 5.9

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
that what i mean the sensibloom a and b cos me £15 the big bud is like £25 the shooting powder is £8. i get about 20 to 30 oz off that light depending on strain etc..

T

TREE KING

i grow in coco. 1000ppm.

b= 2ml per litre

big bud 2ml per litre

from week 5 till flush i use shooting powder at the recomended dose. i dont go above 1000ppm ever, and a water with fresh ph water once or twice a week. plus my ph range is from 5.6 to 5.9

are you at the ec x 500 scale?

blackone

Veteran
i grow in coco. 1000ppm.

b= 2ml per litre

big bud 2ml per litre

Not a very high dose of A and B is it? Or is Big Bud or Shooting powder a PK booster?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Not a very high dose of A and B is it? Or is Big Bud or Shooting powder a PK booster?

shooting powder is a pk booster, 2mls per litre is the the recomended dosage on the bottle but id rather go lower than high. you dont need to use loads to get a half decent result.

big bud is ment to have aminos or whatnot in it aswell, it smells a bit like malt hot drinks you can get.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
basically i make up the mix, use half the base if im using shooting powder, because its strong. but if i mix up the nutes and its to high i dilute back down to 1000ppm

T

TREE KING

siftedunity when you say 1000 ppm is that 2.0 ec? trying to figure out what scale your using. if your not sure then what meter are you using?

T

TribalSeeds

Did they change the Big Bud formula again? I seem to remember they took all that out of Big Bud to get people to buy PH Perfect. Just hating on AN?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167825

Also, just something I thought I might mention because I have the H&G feed chart. They recommend mixing 1.2EC with a/b before adding shooting powder. Their chart is @ about 2.0EC before Shooting Powder on the schedule.