What's new

AN PH Perfect experiences?

lol ok so its money back guaranteed whoopie. like you said though, only if they decide to honor it.

ok say you need 1000 gallons of solution

how much you want to pay?

$10.50

or

$50(just for sensi a&b no additives included)

who said scratch???

jr peters hydro is a two part in powder form...

the jr peters selections are ready to go. dissolve and mix.

and there are a thousand "nutrient" companies because there are a million fools ready to be parted from their dollars.

who's bashing anyone you twat??? i came in here to simply point out the significant price difference between a legitimate agricultural fertilizer, and these flashy hydro store nutrients.

and again, jr peters is a tw part you dont need to make shit except your final solution.

and there lies the issue, all the ingredients are the same, in fact i would argue jr peters uses better nitrogen sources(ie less ammonia and urea).

so

$00.015 per gallon
or
$00.010- $00.020 per gallon

i dont care if you want to throw your money away chasing that mythical extra 20% i really dont,

but ill kindly advise, its likely better to save the money on nutrients and add another light, or focus on perfect environment, both of which are significantly more likely to increase your yields over "new" more expensive nutrients...

:ying:
FYI
I DID NOT quote you, nor did i say ANYTHING about "jr peters", or was i referring to your posts!

I was simply saying that alot of people bash AN when most people that use it, do so for the ease of use, and availability! Almost every single thread with advanced nutrients, has 20 posts telling the person its a scam and its a waste of money and its the devils nutes, when that is simply some pissy internet guy who hates labels that are not mature and serious and to the point, and just DOESNT like the company!

And i use there ORGANIC line, not the chemmy powder stuff.

And im sure i could get the same Results from homemade organic's for 1/10 the price, but for me(and MANY others) it is easier to grab a bottle, mix, and go!

Every single retailer here sells AN nutes, and most ONLY have AN or the store brand nutes!

I dont condone going wild with 20 different additives and expecting more LOL, thats a fuckin waste for sure, but hey if you can afford to, and have good results, go nuts! If you wanna use 1 part uber cheap powder, more power to ya!

I use iguana juice with nirvana and wet betty, thats all.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
FYI
I DID NOT quote you, nor did i say ANYTHING about "jr peters", or was i referring to your posts!

I was simply saying that alot of people bash AN when most people that use it, do so for the ease of use, and availability! Almost every single thread with advanced nutrients, has 20 posts telling the person its a scam and its a waste of money and its the devils nutes, when that is simply some pissy internet guy who hates labels that are not mature and serious and to the point, and just DOESNT like the company!

And im sure i could get the same Results from homemade organic's for 1/10 the price, but for me(and MANY others) it is easier to grab a bottle, mix, and go!

Every single retailer here sells AN nutes, and most ONLY have AN or the store brand nutes!

I dont condone going wild with 20 different additives and expecting more LOL, thats a fuckin waste for sure, but hey if you can afford to, and have good results, go nuts! If you wanna use 1 part uber cheap powder, more power to ya!

see theres the thing, im a really good cook, i can make some killer chocolate brownies at a fraction of the cost of most you can buy. the point is when ive had a busy week and i get home i dont wanna have to go throught the hassle when i can can get it in a box and it does the same job.

you would be in a bubble if you believe that your plants are happier if you go to more effort yourself cos it makes no difference to them.. plus powders can be messy and a pain in thne ass plus you would probably still need seperate additives anyway.

whodare, no offense to you but in your gallery, your pictures of plant problems, were they with the powdered nutrients?

whodare

Veteran
That was root rot because I put smart pots in a hydro system....

Steep learning curve on that one...

blackone

Veteran
see theres the thing, im a really good cook, i can make some killer chocolate brownies at a fraction of the cost of most you can buy. the point is when ive had a busy week and i get home i dont wanna have to go throught the hassle when i can can get it in a box and it does the same job.

you would be in a bubble if you believe that your plants are happier if you go to more effort yourself cos it makes no difference to them.. plus powders can be messy and a pain in thne ass plus you would probably still need seperate additives anyway.

whodare, no offense to you but in your gallery, your pictures of plant problems, were they with the powdered nutrients?

That's a good point - I'm sure I could get stellar results with cheap nutes if PH is watched but this is just so damn easy so far - just mix it up and top off the dwc tubs. Measuring/adjusting PH when filling / topping off and measuring each tub seperately to check for PH swings etc. would be a pain. Perhaps somewhat easier in a rdwc but then I might have to worry about water pumps failing, roots clogging the circulation, out/intakes leaking etc.
What I want is something that's easier than soil because soil works pretty damn well if you water correctly.

I would never ever buy a shelf full of different magic potions just to grow some weed.
Ever:)

decrimCA

Lets take things back a step. First off are you sure your smoking Marijuana?

I said my RO unit does NOT change the ph of my water. How can pure water with a neutral ph of 7.0 get reduced to anything lower if it in theory does not contain anything at all? Sounds like you have a broken or contaminatied RO unit that is dropping your PH below the standard 7.0? Since RO membranes will reject dissolved ions but not dissolved gases, the RO permeate and RO feed will contain roughly the same amount of CO2. The HCO3 and CO3, however, are often reduced by 1-2 orders of magnitude. This upsets the CO2, HCO3, CO3 equilibrium that was established in the feed. In a series of equilibrium reactions, CO2 will combine with H2O driving reactions similar to that shown below, until a new equilibrium Is established.

CO2 + H2O --> HCO3 + H+ please follow....

The new equilibrium will always result in a lowering of permeate pH if there is CO2 gas present in the feed water.
The pH drop is usually largest for waters with high amounts of alkalinity or HCO3.
When there is very little CO2, HCO3, or CO3, there is a very small pH drop observed in the permeate.
Therefore it is not true that reverse osmosis filters will always reduce the pH level of water to a noticeable amount. The pH difference after the RO depends on the composition of your input water source; depending on whether you have large amounts of gases such as CO2 in your local water supply. If you are concerned with the pH of your drinking water, you should avoid guess work and get your water tested with an accurate pH tester meter (avoid those $10 paper testing strips, which are very inaccurate with pH readings). If you see that your pH is below 7 with a good amount, you can consider putting a pH increaser filter as a final stage of your reverse osmosis system and correct your acid water problem easily.

Some countries have regulations governing the pH of drinking water. Typically, the pH is recommended to be in the 6.5-9.0 range. It is our understanding that the purpose of these pH regulations are to minimize corrosion of piping materials so that metals like lead and copper do not dissolve into the drinking water supply.

So if MY water input is pure or neutral, the outcome is the same, im sorry your water supply is different.

I believe thats what my first post said correct.
I made reference to Tom Hill in reguards to you freaking out about not needing to add a bunch of additives and worrying about ph... like that AN post your freaking out on. You took something completely different and spun it around buddy..

LET ME SAY THIS MORE... AGGRESSIVELY.. How can your RO unit make your water more Acidic common to Urine and or Saliva vs Pure 7.0 neutral water sir?

Wow. Great info here and a great reminder about chemistry.

thanks for stepping up with this...

decrimCA

pics of my new secret recipe moms. my flower cycle is kinda delayed from waiting for these to grow out

NICE!! Tree King, you rock. Thanks for sharing pics, just what I needed to see.

I love to compare my AN grow to the grows of others. That said, you're definitely doing better than I am.

decrimCA

FYI

Well said.

I use the full Bigger Yields Expert growing bundle, but I'm fine if others don't want to use all of the nutrients, or any.

Whatever. I care what it looks like in my grow room.

I also don't get why people take that some people use other nutrients as being something that personally hurts them. The outrageous emotionality of the folks on these boards is ridiculous and unnecessary.

I mean, folks are asking questions about growing, not asking for whatever people's personal issues are. Well, I'm not. :)

Buddler

Veteran
Hi guys just read entire thread had to comment .like everthing in life there,s always a cheaper way but the old sayin ya get what ya pay for.I live in BC so An is everywhere being made here. so i use it PH perfect MGB in coco.Tap water 2mils per litre base and adds i ve been runnin pottasium silicate, powdered carboload and big bud and have been so simple no problem grows 5 cycles now outdoor same thing .i spend about hundred bucks for four litre bottles and CL, PS get about five grows out of it .so pretty cheap whatever works i got two lbs off of five outdoor plants in three gal pots.It works guarenteed. plus you can cut out the micro around week five like head does and get great burnin weed .:dance013:

vaped

I used to hate on AN but my results dont lie I cant match the results I get using advanced additives with flora nova for base nutes. Love em or hatem bigbud, overdrive, b-52, and budcandy will always be on my shelf.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So last night I read through this entire post.

Not going to mention any names but we have 2 ears and ONE mouth for a reason, we need to listen more than we speak. With that said I really enjoyed the read. Very knowledgeable especially for R/O system basics and it is very eye opening regarding the product.

I like this thread as an AN discussion https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=212806 also.

Now about my actual experience with the company and its products.

I really enjoy the simplicity of the pH perfect technology. Really creates a much easier time. I hand water and use store bought R/O water as a filter is not an option and a simple Brita filter is a joke.

Currently using Sensi Grow PH Perfect A+B and its probably work as good as or better other 2 part Grow nutrients. I have clones with deficiencies on the leaves from when their mother and that has cleared away. I have had heat stress and damage and that is being turned around. There is barely any burn on the plants but there is some, very minute.

What I can say I do not like is the STRETCH. For some reason a few of my plants are super stretchy... when most of the Green Crack I have is very bushy with new very close internode spacing . . . and it is not the lighting since the plants have stretched past the lighting.

Right now I am currently feeding at 6ml per gallon of water for part A+B. I actually am going down from 8.25ml from a few weeks ago thinking that I still needed to scale my nutrients when in reality is I needed to minimize them so that I have just enough for the plants needs and not more, wasting them and not creating build up and maybe problems.

I need help with hygrozyme and H2O2 in the sense of its capabilities with the AN Sensi Grow PH Perfect. I have both but am unsure of their true potential when mixed with the Nutes. I was thinking of watering with pure R/O water and just adding recommended dosages of H2O2 and Hygrozyme. I want to clean my rockwool a bit before flowering, it has salt build up on it and some of the roots are brown after hitting air at the bottom and being smushed between the rockwool and tray. The roots haven't died, they just are brownish and I know they shouldn't be.

Overall I am happy with AN as it is a good quality product with a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. I have just 1 hiccup with them. That F-1 Bullshit. Super pissed off they told me to buy it after I got the New PH perfect Sensi Grow which has Fulvic/Humic Acid in it... pointless purchase.

T

TribalSeeds

is this a sick joke lol? you think using ro water is easier than tap when it takes 12 hours to fill a fuckin res? lol please tell me your joking i would never use that shit it takes 10 minutes for me to fill a 70 gal res.

you are a moron. you store the water where in another 5 70 reses in your house lol? do you have any common sense at all? so let me get this straight you want someone to get 10 70 gal reses than fill up 5 of them let them sit then pump that water to the other 5 reses lol. yeah thats real easy to do lol. i would still have to add ph down anyway so theres no point to it. how bout i just use ph perfect and i can pump the tap right into my grow reses and be done with it. your a hater and have no common sense. stick to your 30 gal reses and leave the big grows to the rest of us.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/breakthrough/

pH imperfection #1: the pH of the water used to dilute nutrients

Freshly distilled or deionized water has a pH of 7. However, the pH of the water may fall to as low as 5.5 within hours of preparation. This is because water absorbs carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air.
The behavior of tap water is even more complex. It contains dissolved and slightly alkaline calcium and/or magnesium salts. In this case, absorption of CO2 from the air makes predicting the pH even more challenging.
Because the calcium and magnesium salts in most tap waters, not to mention even more chemically complex well and spring waters, create such serious problems, many hydroponic growers, from hobbyists to huge commercial greenhouses, prefer using treated water. Although a number of water treatment systems exist, reverse-osmosis (RO) is considered the most economical. Water obtained from an RO system is almost as good as expensive distilled water.Another option is to adjust the pH of tap water before using it. This can be done with so-called pH up or pH down additives. However, this task is demanding and often done incorrectly-and what's worse, the acidic and alkaline chemicals used in these products, and the resulting sudden fluctuations in pH when they are added to the reservoir, can be hard on your plants.
If you use RO water or water with EC up to 160 µS/cm (Figure 3), or approximately 100 ppm, pH Perfect base nutrients will guarantee the sweet spot. (Read the efficacy report1 proving the stabilizing and buffering performance of pH Perfect at http://www.advancednutrients.com/ph-perfect/pH_Perfect_Efficacy_Report.pdf.)

You need to use RO water if you want to be absolutely safe. RO water is best suited for your delicate hydroponic equipment, in any case.3 It will keep everything clean and in tip-top shape for months and years to come.
An unplanned event even demonstrated that pH Perfect is capable of saving your harvest when an unexpected disaster occurs. During experiments with pH Perfect Technology in an Advanced Nutrients' research facility, the RO system failed. Instead of starting a new experiment, the scientists continued the experiment with highly mineralized tap water.To everybody's surprise, there were no victims of this crash test. Plant growth slowed a bit and the pH drifted slightly above the optimal range, but thanks to the minimal deviation even at a high EC/ppm and the superior chelation in pH Perfect base nutrients, the crops survived the shock. After a couple weeks, the RO system was repaired, and even despite the unplanned event, the plants yielded a strong harvest.

Conclusions:

• In biology, the pH level can make the difference between life and death. In gardening, the pH level can make the difference between a good and a disappointing harvest;4
  • Modern varieties of the plants you grow were obtained by crossbreeding wild varieties with already existing cultivated varieties adapted to a slightly acidic pH. As a result, irrespective of their wild ancestors, virtually all hybrids are also adapted to this pH level;
  • Keeping the pH of the nutrient solution and growing medium within the sweet spot is especially difficult in hydroponics. Intensive chemical and biochemical reactions lead to deviations in pH from the optimal range that are much more pronounced than in natural soils;
  • pH can be balanced with stabilizers and buffers. The natural stabilizers and buffers present in hydroponic nutrients and growing media, such as phosphate ions, are weak and cannot maintain a stable pH. The Advanced Nutrients research team has invented a much more efficient pH stabilizing and buffering system that is non-toxic for your crops;
  • pH Perfect Technology is certified to work best with low-mineralized water having an EC of less than 160 µS/cm-roughly equivalent to 100 ppm. In most cases, pH Perfect delivers good results in water having an EC of up to 320 S/cm-approximately 200 ppm;
  • Advanced Nutrients recommends that RO water be used with pH Perfect base nutrients. However, an accidental crash test demonstrated that pH Perfect Technology, as well as the level of chelation in pH Perfect base nutrients, can help to protect your crops even when the RO system is damaged.
:bashhead::snap out of it::spank::bat::asskick:
BS!

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
The EC of my tap water is around 0.6 and no problems were encountered:) I harvested a week or so ago with pretty nice results.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ph perfect is the best.

I combine it with thrive alive, hygrozyme, H&G additives like amino treatment, silicates, and other goodies like Fulvic Acid.

My ppms actually hit over 900 recently but thats the first time and my ph was at 5.9 for the longest.

Plants have never been better.

More info in the link below v

Homebrewer

Veteran
ph perfect is the best.

I combine it with thrive alive, hygrozyme, H&G additives like amino treatment, silicates, and other goodies like Fulvic Acid.

My ppms actually hit over 900 recently but thats the first time and my ph was at 5.9 for the longest.

Plants have never been better.

More info in the link below v

Your plants look very ordinary, do you really think it's worth using all these bottles for 'ordinary plants'?

Nutrients:
Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A+B Ph Perfect
AN Voodoo Juice
AN Pirahna
AN Rhino Skin
AN B-52
AN F-1
AN Connoisseur A+B Ph Perfect
AN Bud Ignitor
AN Big Bud
AN Bud Factor X
AN OverDrive
AN Final Phase
Hygrozyme
GH PH up + PH down
Thrive Alive B-1 Green/Red
H2o2 30%

whodare

Veteran
Your plants look very ordinary, do you really think it's worth using all these bottles for 'ordinary plants'?

But don't you know you get what you pay for lol...

Fools and their money are soon parted.

Some jr peters plants. 1.5 cents, yes that's right just over a penny a gallon of nutrient solution. Know what what means don't ya, well of course my buds are going to be inferior.

picture.php

picture.php

Jbonez

Veteran
Naw whodare, youre fucked, AN has the supreme NPK molecules son.... Step your game up if you want those lambo molecules in your life... Besides, the bottles are fuckin fun... Shit flying everywhere, bloom base, bam, b52 oh snap, wait is that bud candy? I think it is, its like willy wonka in this bitch...