What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AMSTERDAM 24TH CUP RAID

neuroherb

astra007

Here you can't take your camera into leaisure swimming pools or to your childs school without permission. Some schools have been known to take it to the extreme of not allowing parents to video the nativity play. There are a lot more weirdo's out there than we can imaginge but is it worth making kids so paranoid they won't leave the bedroom and the safety of the games console.

BTW There seems to be a fair bit of "wow shock" at the police raids, to some degree my shock is that they have never done it before last year I'm sure it was just Arjan that got lifted. Will be interesting to see if we ever do just under what probable cause the raid was actioned and whom was the actual target of the warrant if they had one. Doubt we ever will but IMHO I can see it alll being about a government wanting a chunk of the circa $200 K reputed to be the income from judges passes.

A

astra007

BC

BC

in many ways i would love to live in the usa; like when you buy your land, its yours! here in canada, you only lease from the Crown, never freehold title. americans can bear arms while in BC now i cant get a weapon, a hunting licence, ammo even if i had a weapon, and to put a motorized boat into the water is $150.00 annually.

medicare is a joke with 10 minute doctor appointments and generic drugs, no canadian forces bases left west of the rockies and 600,000 plus chinese in the lower mainland. does not bother me but it does some. in 50 years BC has gone down the toilet.

oh, i forgot! im an outlaw. the law stays in the cities, outside, well.....................

Last edited:
A

astra007

hunting

hunting

oh yes you can hunt but you need to take a course, apply for a carry permit, apply to purchase and register your rifle before getting ammo and then only when the government issues the areas that you are allowed to hunt in. this is BRITISH COLUMBIA.

of course, we in the non city areas totally ignore the rules and plead ignorance if caught. did you know that if you catch salmon that "they" can fine you and seize all your fishing gear, including the boat and truck?

then theres me with salmon in my freezer from First Nations, ELK from the national park, shot with a rifle from Sask (province that never joined the gun registry) and ammo. no tag because what they dont know, they dont know. deer meat from my neighbour who as a farmer can shoot nuisance animals and buffalo from a rancher from the "outback". he even had YAKS for awhile but now they are ranging at large somewhere as they kind of stepped over the fence and went exploring.

forgot - you must pay for the game animal that you want in the form of a "tag"

Last edited:

neuroherb

Sounds like hunting has changed in Canada since the 80's astra.

Going to give an example of where mass hysteria can come up with an idea thats sounds great at the time but in fact could be a really dreadful law.

A good few years back during the High or Low point of Paul Gad's (Garry Glitter) world tour of perversion and a few other pervy sex tourists. The UK came up with a law that would consider any offence by a UK citizen abroad under the laws they would live under in the UK as an arrestable offence. This gave the courts the powers to deal with what was at the time a problem with pedo tourists going to countries that either did not have punishments for pedo's or didn't care about it.

NOW I don't think any of us are going to argue against pedo's going to jail, if anything I'll probably get a rant I am soft on them.

However what if the UK police decided to stop every person coming in from Amsterdam at the airports and swab test or blood test them, then charging anyone found to have traces of drugs on or in their system.
Does it sound like such a good law now?

The law of unintended consequences, be carefull of what you demand of governments they might just do it to you.

woolybear

Veteran
or just refuse consent, don't just empty your pockets if they only ask you to, make them give a direct order at least. tell them you do not consent to any searches. the euro cops have become experts at formulating their requests to make it sound like it's an order and you have no choice in the matter. they will always say, well if you don't consent we'll have to take you in and search. but how could they actually justify that if they have no concrete suspicion of criminal activity in the first place. would be interested to hear if anyone tried to refuse the search at all?

Very useful, information thanks -

Though as a tourist, who has been to Europe between 1 and 5 times, I don;t think I recall even seeing a police presence... and this was even after 9/11.

Will have to visit again someday.

A

astra007

7 years ago, i was in holland and i was stopped near the cup 3 times, i wore a canadian armband and twice just pointing and i was not detained. the third time while really stoned, the cop asked for identfication and i said its locked in my hotel safe - passport! then he wanted me to come quietly with him and i asked why? he said "they" wanted to speak to me at the stationhouse and i said no.
then i asked where the canadian embassy was located and would he take me there by car. he said to forget the whole thing and left.

A

astra007

i also visited several sites of the nazi's there and the extermination camps that my dad had been too while overseas. not much is left as they were torn down brick by brick and tons of earth moved in to cover the ground. i have seen footage of the "camps" as im ex-military and saw the horror second hand. not only the jews but any1 who stood against the nazi party; even germans were sent to those camps. its ghastly to think that THE DUTCH are now asking for identfication papers just like the germans of yesterday.

neuroherb

Was there in 2007 myself and didn't hear any scuttlebut on the Rokerj raid. Could easily have not been related to the Cup as coffeeshops are always being monitored regarding the 500g on premises limit.

Couple of things tourist might like to remeber is the 5g in public limit, its not polite to bring mega weights into the coffeeshops as you are putting someones livelyhood at risk and in european coutnries there is often a requirement to carry ID at all times and if you can't prove your identity you can be detained.

Well the EU always looks over to USA, try do and think what they do, so I have a little hope.
Trade in free live, Big Brother style for free smoke. I'll do it.