What's new

Police sends everybody out of the Rokerij

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Yesterday afternoon i walked into Rokerij Leidseplein and when i just was about to lite my joint and take a zip of my drink , the whole shop was full of cops. There were about 12 of them, 1 inmeadetely walked behind the bar where the weed/hash is sold. Place was full of tourists, a few looked pretty terrified. I wasnt very happy neither , i had about 70 gram of SSH in my jacket and my friend another 50 of the Mental floss. So when the police said alll custumors had to go out, i was 1 of the first standing outside...lol. It isnt very smart to walk in a coffeeshop with that much weed on you , i know, it can bring them in big trouble. I dont think they had too much weed or anything ,because they were open again later.

Still, i was pretty pissed about it , i mean , fuck man, things arent getting any nicer here last years....

hogwild

fucking great I love hearing stuff like this while i stockpile money for a trip to amsterdam...one might ask if it is even worth it...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
shit, i hate hearing that kind of thing. it happened to me at barneys at the HT cup. all of a sudden the place was full of cops, looking under tables and telling every one to show id and get out. i also had way too much on me, from then on i started to carry less around lol.

but during the Ht cup you can imagine them doing it for show. a real bummer on the atmosphere, i can tell you.

THC4SIM

Yea it'd bring me right down, that shit just aint on,
police intimmidating the tourists, i hope never to see it

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
its just something that they do on a regular basis
this is there way of keeping on top of the coffee shops and check they are complying with the law
but at least there not closing them and arresting the owners as would happen in other country's

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
oldpink said:
its just something that they do on a regular basis
this is there way of keeping on top of the coffee shops and check they are complying with the law
but at least there not closing them and arresting the owners as would happen in other country's
:yes:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
haha, they once threw us out, or well, they made it very clear in that yuppie-arty Rokerij that hippies on psychedelics with no id are not welcome..lol...but the 18 year old bitch behind the counter was a twat, what can you do..lmao..

G

I dont understand they just came in and told you to leave for no reason?

was it just a routine check to see if they only had 18 year olds and up or what?

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Like op already stated....they do routine checks...that's all it was. There's a coffee shop task force which goes around to all shops...they come in with their own scales and the bar has to put all cannabis and hashish on the counter for them to weigh up...if the shop is overweight (the amount allowed to have on hand for sales) then the task force closes the shop (can be a 1 day, 2 day, a week closure as a penalty)...they have a 3 strike you're out rule on that...if a shop is closed 3 times for being overweight they lose their license and are shut down permanently. They aren't usually there to bother with the customers...although have heard of them coming in, locking the front door, (with customers inside) and releasing customers one by one after an ID check.

Coffee shop checks by the task force is rather routine in the dam and nothing to really get excited about...they aren't there for the customers really, just to check the weight and make sure the shop is following the rules.

dg

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Yeap, you gotta follow the rules to stay in the business, same goes with everything else in the world, even potatoes, but you just cant have too many potatoes now can you. :D

Very stoned.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Not as much as the situation elsewhere on this planet, you people are in good hands in there, and if its the law then it is the law, at least you guys can smoke whereever you want, I have to hide at home.