What's new

amnesia haze

belgowiet

Hey looks nice great job.whats the growing time on this cut of soma, And what’s the taste and smell like compared to the core-cut?

She all about spicy hazy Amnesia flavors and aroma's nothing sweet "bubblegum".. She takes atleast 12,5weeks and can go till 14weeks.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You just seem to be totally misinformed about the topic. Amnesia wasn't from regular Hypro seeds but from a seed found in a bag of SUPER SILVER HAZE weed from the Green House coffee shop in Amsterdam. It's a bagseed from SSH! Hypro made their seed line from that one plant. Also they don't charge 650 for 10 seeds. WTF

the core cut is selected from hypro seeds.
I grew a lot of Amnesia cut's coming from hypro seed selection, the Netherlands is full of it (core, gold, etc..)
They all finish between 9-11weeks max in my experience.
Most of them (Not All! I) are selected for quicker flowering time and more weight, they all taste/smell very sweet but still have that typical amnesia smell and taste (sometimes..).
She's perfect for commercial growers that supply to the black market..

Than you have Amnesia Haze from Soma.
Amnesia(ssh¿?) X G13 Haze? Nobody knows for sure...
I selected my cut from his seeds (circa 06-08), much more Haze taste/smell /spicy nothing sweet.
She flowers min. 12 weeks and goes easy 14weeks.
If your used to smoke this spicy hazy amnesia you'll will find the hypro cut ''s are just bad copy' 's..

Please I'm not saying who copied who, I don't care anymore we can discuss about this for hours. I'm just speaking from my own experience as a daily amnesia smoker for the last 13 years ¿?
I never grew amnesia from hypro(super strainz) out f seeds always through clones so I never had the chance for some pheno hunting.
And possibly never will do if I'm correct they ask 600-650 € for 10 regular seeds now

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The Dutch Black market is flooded with Amnesia.Prices dropped down.The fragrance of the core cut is a bit of Frankincense.

M

maliali

Amnesia is Core cut(ssh) soma from that cut take s1 or f1 and found another female which is close to core but not so sweet more lethery lemony woods sativa but with tipical Amnesia(pine/turputine/hospital) fragrance. U have on OG.com that picture compared Core cut and that cup winner somas cut also very short flower 9-10 weeks crew at s****'s and Escobar use that Amnesia cut which they call Amnesia somas cut. Then Soma take that cut ''amnesia soma'' and cross it to G13haze male and that hybrid is calles AMNESIA(amnesia soma) +HAZE(g13haze)=Amnesia Haze. And from that mix also come 2 Amnesia Haze well known that Sideshow bob and Belgo cut they are more Haze boosted from father and smell and look foxtaly and golden trichomes like the best haze exampels and smell is like incense amnesia with oregano rosemary spicy afghan musky smell real rich taste and smell and real psydelic high on haze side but also stony and that 2 cut made Amnesia Haze famous. After guys from Hypro spread that original and first SSH Amnesia to others coffes and guys (core...) Commercial growers switch on that cut cuz of economy 2-3 weeks faster and have that amnesia haze smell little bit. It also go on with customers but 1-2 more harvest per year simple economy buzines. And for marketing thay call that amnesia cut amnesia haze also to cheat on customers. And from ssh amnesia original cut hypro guys which soma take thir gentics use that original bubblegummy amnesia and make amnesia(ssh)x nevilles haze male and that hybrid called Amnesia not Ahaze comes GOLD cut,S5....all of thet cuts are close to original hypro ssh amnesia bublegummy sweet and 10 weeks. And are not close to Amnesia Haze much more hazy and better in haze and conosseur way.

belgowiet

You just seem to be totally misinformed about the topic. Amnesia wasn't from regular Hypro seeds but from a seed found in a bag of SUPER SILVER HAZE weed from the Green House coffee shop in Amsterdam. It's a bagseed from SSH! Hypro made their seed line from that one plant. Also they don't charge 650 for 10 seeds. WTF

If you would read the hole thread then you would know That we discussed that already few years ago... Everybody knows the story of a seed found in a seeded bud from ghs... :tiphat:
And Yes they ask 600-650 for regular amnesia seeds! You check there site or just call them.. The female seeds h
That they sell are cheap!

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Growing now Amnesia Core S1... have 3 plants from seeds that i get in bud last Summer
after big heats... seeds was huge and there wasnt any male close so i guess
this are produced natural cause of heat shock..

bennyh

If you would read the hole thread then you would know That we discussed that already few years ago... Everybody knows the story of a seed found in a seeded bud from ghs... :tiphat:
And Yes they ask 600-650 for regular amnesia seeds! You check there site or just call them.. The female seeds h
So please before you think you can learn us something about Amnesia (read the fu****** thread)

Yeh it’s €1999 for 3 seeds.

madalasatori

Veteran
I was at a festival in the summer and literally all I could smell was amnesia, must have been what 90% of people were smoking. Big loads coming in from Spain, I reckon

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So please before you think you can learn us something about Amnesia (read the fu****** thread)

I believe I have read every thread on icmag about amnesia and that's where I have my knowledge from. So my conclusion from that was what I wrote before. My only question all the time was what did Greenhouse seeds have to say about it. Never saw any statement about what could be involved apart from the SSH. Not a typical SSH if you ask me. My understanding was that the people who shared the cut, Moppel and Core, should tell the truth and when I recall correctly the story about the SSH bagseed was from them. What I do not know is, whether Hypro had a seed line named amnesia before the core cut came up in the shops and forums. I never saw any statement about this. So your claim was news to me. I will stand corrected if there's any news and would not insist on being right cause it's just knowledge acquired from reading here. Actually I really dont care where it came from in the beginning . All I am interested in is the real lineage of the clone but I almost believe it will never come to light. You know, the first time I tried Amnesia in Amsterdam I was confused because it was so strong in terps, smelling almost artificial, I never came across something similar before. The second thing that baffled me happened when I got some other buds that day like Tangerine Dream and Super Lemon Haze that smelled exactly the same. My conclusion back then was they must use some artificial terpenes that the shops would lace the buds with. I made a thread here about it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=295084
Now I guess all the shops sold the core cut under different names. But, what do I know... So let's not fight about it. The other thing about the ridiculous price I hadn't heard either. I googled after regular amnesia and it's real. Now they're charging 1999€ for one regular seed. I mean, really, WTF is going on, man???

Jajda z okjesu

Veteran
Amnesia haze (core cut)
64 days of bloom
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NEED 4 SEED

Looks like mine from flowery field. Do you think it is the real one? I would have thought it looked a little more haze-type...

Happy Times

I believe I have read every thread on icmag about amnesia and that's where I have my knowledge from. So my conclusion from that was what I wrote before. My only question all the time was what did Greenhouse seeds have to say about it. Never saw any statement about what could be involved apart from the SSH. Not a typical SSH if you ask me. My understanding was that the people who shared the cut, Moppel and Core, should tell the truth and when I recall correctly the story about the SSH bagseed was from them. What I do not know is, whether Hypro had a seed line named amnesia before the core cut came up in the shops and forums. I never saw any statement about this. So your claim was news to me. I will stand corrected if there's any news and would not insist on being right cause it's just knowledge acquired from reading here. Actually I really dont care where it came from in the beginning . All I am interested in is the real lineage of the clone but I almost believe it will never come to light. You know, the first time I tried Amnesia in Amsterdam I was confused because it was so strong in terps, smelling almost artificial, I never came across something similar before. The second thing that baffled me happened when I got some other buds that day like Tangerine Dream and Super Lemon Haze that smelled exactly the same. My conclusion back then was they must use some artificial terpenes that the shops would lace the buds with. I made a thread here about it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=295084
Now I guess all the shops sold the core cut under different names. But, what do I know... So let's not fight about it. The other thing about the ridiculous price I hadn't heard either. I googled after regular amnesia and it's real. Now they're charging 1999€ for one regular seed. I mean, really, WTF is going on, man???

Do you think the Tangerine Dream and SLH looked different? Or the same?

Couldn’t help but wonder if the same strain was being sold under different names.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Adding terps to weed is not common in Holland.Terps itself are quite expensive to buy.Depends of course what kind of terps.Orange peel essential oil is quite cheap, but to get the same aroma as Amnesia Haze you've to add different terps in the right ratio and that will be difficult unless essential oil of Amnesia Haze is added.

NEED 4 SEED

Adding terps to weed is not common in Holland.Terps itself are quite expensive to buy.Depends of course what kind of terps.Orange peel essential oil is quite cheap, but to get the same aroma as Amnesia Haze you've to add different terps in the right ratio and that will be difficult unless essential oil of Amnesia Haze is added.

I have seen a documentary recently where a shop guy at the sensi seeds museum shows contaminated buds under the microscope and talks about artificial terpene laced weed in amsterdam, particularly some recently available strawberry strain. So there seems to be something to it. I have also now grown the Amnesia core cut from flowery field in Vienna. I must say i got mixed feelings. The over all impression of the bud is actually like a dna lemon skunk i had in 2012, very lemony - with a little nutty component and a bit of leather smell. Absolutely no haze influence, smell and look wise, Pics will follow later (the leaves are somewhat narrow but the buds look more indica type). The effect is missing the stoned feeling of the bud i smoked in Amsterdam, mine has a very heady up high, but not racy. My senses could have been irritated though in Amsterdam. So I wouldn't give it too much weight, as it was a few years ago. The smell of the Amnesia in Amsterdam was stronger too, but that could change with harvest day. I took the clone to 67 days the first time but discovered that the smell was way more pronounced at around 50. So I will harvest it earlier this time for more terps and probably an even more up high (not that I needed it). :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts