What's new

amnesia haze

belgowiet

Amnesia core cut was never called amnesia haze. Amnesia is not a haze, maybe 5% haze genetic hidden in there from Neville haze. It's basically 8 week indica hybrid. Soma's amnesia haze is not haze or amnesia, but it is a 90% sativa. Closer to haze than these cookie cutter amnesia's.

if you know how to find me an 8 week amnesia that tastes and smells good, I am certainly interested.
I know that a few years ago + - 10 years ago, an ssh pheno was made the round of (Mr.nice pheno or the coffeeshop cut of ssh in Amsterdam), or at least was really wanted among growers.
That took approx. 9 weeks.
the fastest amnesia I have encountered so far is 9.5-10 weeks, but I prefer + 11-12 weeks.
You are right about the 5% haze in amnesia, it is probably slightly more than 5% but every Dutch haze has only a little% real haze.
And for me personally the only real "pure" Haze is still the A5 from neville.
even the "original haze (seeds)" of some members here is less "original" than neville`s A5.
Haters gona hate :wave::yay::kissass:

unnamedmike

I can't remember if I've already posted my amnesia ... :biggrin: sorry if its duplicated

amnesia

picture.php

Hempsmoke

You can say whatever you want about soma and we won't find out the truth either, but soma's n.y.c diesel and its amnesia Haze are / were exceptional that thousands of growers around the world have happily cultivated and smoked.
For me amnesia is a real typical Dutch Haze - but not when you look at nevil`s A5 cut.
what i want to say with a dutch haze is that it is exceptionally sweet, which a real haze is certainly not.
Just for all haters and certain fans boys, I'm not saying that A5 from nevil is pure haze, but it is much spicier than most haze hybrids that came after in the Netherlands, especially when crossed with skunks and indica`s and especially all ssh crosses / pheno `s

Hey
As I said amnesia haze and nycd are for sure good strains, in fact back in 2006 I smoked some nycd from a coffeeshop and it was the first strain that stood out smell wise and didn't just smell like weed. So I'm one of those happy smokers youre talking about ;)
I'm even growing some ice cool from Sweet seeds right now which is a nycd cross. Sadly it will take another 2 months till I can put them in the flowering room.
As I also said I'm gonna get some sweet amnesia haze also from Sweet seeds, so I'm not hating on any of those strains, but Soma is a different story...

Hempsmoke

Amnesia core cut was never called amnesia haze. Amnesia is not a haze, maybe 5% haze genetic hidden in there from Neville haze. It's basically 8 week indica hybrid. Soma's amnesia haze is not haze or amnesia, but it is a 90% sativa. Closer to haze than these cookie cutter amnesia's.

Well its a super silver haze bagseed, and super silver haze is 50% haze, so can you explain me how you came up with 5%? Or did you forget a 0? And yes amnesia was and still is called amnesia haze and vice versa. This thread alone is a prime example for the confusion soma caused by naming his non-haze-strain amnesia haze.
And as far as I know there is no nevilles haze in super silver haze.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
My opinion is that first well known Amnesia Haze was found in seeds from Jack Herer by sensi.
Lemon,mint,pepper,sage and rosemary.
And extremly strong and up high of best haze hybrid quality.

Than later they found from Mr.Nice seeds new one aka core cut which is bubble gum sweet.

While growing SSH and Jack Herer they are very similar.
But in ssh i found more orange,mango and fruty phenos similar to new Amnesias.
But while growing Jack Herer there are lots of phenos just like in SSH but they have lemon,mint,rosemary,wild flower and pepper smells much more similar what I remember in Amnesia Haze. Which first make hype it smells like wet pepper and have big golden calyx like best phenos of Jack Herer aka pheno A. from SS description.

Also Jack have much more stronger high than SSH from Mr nice cuz it is 50% haze hybrid compare to SSH 25%
Jack Herer lineage is (NL5x(SK1xNL5)x Haze male)
while SSH is (skunk haze)x(NL haze).

Im not saying that it is 100% truth but it is my opinon based what I smoked and grow.

Also I have to add that JH in seed form starts mid to late 90's in the same time Amnesia appers in NL.

Last edited:

Hempsmoke

Also Jack have much more stronger high than SSH from Mr nice cuz it is 50% haze hybrid compare to SSH 25%
Jack Herer lineage is (NL5x(SK1xNL5)x Haze male)
while SSH is (skunk haze)x(NL haze).

How makes that ssh 25% haze if the parents were both 50% haze?

And by the way, theres no official sensi seeds statement on Jack herrer regarding its genetic makeup.

High Times about the lineage:
While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I had a Moby Dick that nobody could separate from the Amnesia haze. Same 8-9 weeks from either. Both from different cuttings guys who did them from seed, so never placed together and confused except dinafem do sell both. It was Amnesia Haze from the pics but came down during week 9. Moby is Haze x Widow and it tasted very Haze like with a hint of Northern.

I suggest anyone looking for a quick version checks out the Moby. Beside the coffee shop version of A.H it has a lot more of the northern taste. I find the shop one more Widow like. Which is drawing a real circle around which is which.

CannaT

Premium user
How makes that ssh 25% haze if the parents were both 50% haze?

And by the way, theres no official sensi seeds statement on Jack herrer regarding its genetic makeup.

High Times about the lineage:
While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.

JH is ORIGINAL HAZE x BLD while
SSH is haze hybrid x haze hybrd.

If you grow them both you will see that in JH haze caracteristic shine much more than in SSH.

And those some mathematical calculations from Shanti's page wouldn't want to go into that. :)

generally a simple explanation of complex things is for fools. :)

Grow them both and you will see.

For me JH beat SSH in any way in regulars seeds I grew.
Crossing haze hybrid to haze hybrid you have more skunk like plants than crossing O. HAze x xy....

Infact Sensi seeds today claim that NL5xhaze is best hybrid they ever made then know that best comes from Haze so the dont want to change father just morther plants so thats why they bx NL5 to skunk 1 just to improve NL5 with skunk and they made it right.

Hempsmoke

JH is ORIGINAL HAZE x BLD while
SSH is haze hybrid x haze hybrd.

If you grow them both you will see that in JH haze caracteristic shine much more than in SSH.

And those some mathematical calculations from Shanti's page wouldn't want to go into that. :)

generally a simple explanation of complex things is for fools. :)

Grow them both and you will see.

For me JH beat SSH in any way in regulars seeds I grew.
Crossing haze hybrid to haze hybrid you have more skunk like plants than crossing O. HAze x xy....

Infact Sensi seeds today claim that NL5xhaze is best hybrid they ever made then know that best comes from Haze so the dont want to change father just morther plants so thats why they bx NL5 to skunk 1 just to improve NL5 with skunk and they made it right.

Do you have any sources for the JH genetic background you posted?

Also for you claims Amnesia is a JH phenotype?

Because it looks like it's all just your opinion, based on some experiences you had while growing weed.

I had a Original Glue s1 that smelled very haze like and I'm also growing some killing fields right now which has zero haze smell, yet it is a JH cross.

So according to your way of thinking, Original Glue s1 is closer related to Jack Herer than a Jack Herer cross because it smells more like haze?

And yes it's widely known ssh is the most indica between the hazes, but its still genetically 50% haze, no matter which foolproof mathematics you use.

belgowiet

:yummy: Lemon AG
(Amnesia G13 x Lemon skunk)
amnesia g13 coming from dampkring classics(Kiwi seeds) seed where from around 2013.
Lemon skunk cames from dna genetics one of its first seed releases .
Amnesia still dominates in flavor and taste but with a more lemon zest flav to it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

belgowiet

Jack Herer lineage is (NL5x(SK1xNL5)x Haze male

I thought jack herrer was Northern Lights # 5, Haze and Skunk # 1/Shiva Skunk .
Tjalling Erkelens, one of the founders of Bedrocan (the only Dutch medicinal producer) told the lineage of JH in an interview a few years ago.
apparently he produced seeds for sensi in the mid 90's.
And Bedrocan's first strain apparently would have been JH too ...
If interested I could look up the article.

Belgo

CannaT

Premium user
Tjalling Erkelens, one of the founders of Bedrocan (the only Dutch medicinal producer) told the lineage of JH in an interview a few years ago.

Belgo

Jack Herer is een kruising van Northern Lights #5, Haze en Skunk #1/Shiva Skunk. Er zijn vier duidelijk te onderscheiden fenotypes; drie sativa-dominante en één indica dominante. Deze laatste, fenotype B, is door Bedrocan gebruikt. In Cannabis Pharmacy wordt Jack Herer specifiek aangeraden tegen pijn en misselijkheid.

Jack herer is made of Shiva Skunk(NL5xSK1),NL5 and HAZE.
Combination for breeding was.

NL5 mother x Shiva SK father (NL5xSK1) than they pop this NL5 x Shiva SK(NL5xSK1).
And found female that female was crossed to proven Haze dad.
That is how Jack Herer was made.

This is what I know one frend of mine was working few years in their facilities my information comes from there.

Jack Herer is (NL5x(NL5xSk1)) x O. Haze
NL5x Haze is NL5 x O.Haze

There is story that Jack's favourite smoke was Silver Pearl x Haze (silver haze)
So after Jack Herer was breed in close way to Silver haze but with most strongest genetics sensi have at that time.

Last edited:

belgowiet

Jack Herer is een kruising van Northern Lights #5, Haze en Skunk #1/Shiva Skunk. Er zijn vier duidelijk te onderscheiden fenotypes; drie sativa-dominante en één indica dominante. Deze laatste, fenotype B, is door Bedrocan gebruikt. In Cannabis Pharmacy wordt Jack Herer specifiek aangeraden tegen pijn en misselijkheid.

NL5 mother x Shiva SK father (NL5xSK1) than they pop this NL5 x Shiva SK(NL5xSK1).
That is how is Jack Herer was made.

This is what I know one frend of mine was working few years in their facilities my information comes from there.

:thank you:

Belgo

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Belgo

He did produce seeds for Sensi till the law got changed at the end of the 90s.Nevil did the breeding of JH.

Stocktont

Veteran

That is how Jack Herer was made.

Jack Herer is (NL5x(NL5xSk1)) x O. Haze
NL5x Haze is NL5 x O.Haze

There is story that Jack's favourite smoke was Silver Pearl x Haze (silver haze)
So after Jack Herer was breed in close way to Silver haze but with most strongest genetics sensi have at that time.

Didn’t Nevil say that he made a seed variety that later got named by Ben (Sensi) as Jack Herer. Nevil said it was the same code for the cross, (NL5 x Haze C) x (Skunk#1 x Haze C), Super Silver Haze. He states that he did SSH with improved male (Skunk#1 x Haze C) selection so it was not the exact same two parents that made JH and later SSH. That is of course if you’re not arguing that Nevil didn’t make the seeds that would first be released by Sensi Seeds (Nov 1994?) as Jack Herer? Nevil said he did.

picture.php