What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amnesia (Haze) options

GoatCheese

Veteran
Victory Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 10-13 weeks. $33 for 5 fems. GoatCheese says this is based off of Soma's line but sativa leaning.
About the Victory Seeds’ Amnesia Haze..

They are fem seeds of some Soma’s AH cut for sure, but thou their veg looks are fairly nld – atleast the three plants i had – there’s still quite a bit of lethargic afghani head stone in the effect.

I bloomed them only once – small seeded plants - but i threw the cuts away without trying a seedless run cause i didn’t like the effect.

No photos, sorry.

Tranquilidade

Amnesia Haze, I remember, was dark brown (not green) with long skinnier buds. Woody, citric, sweet, slightly piney, spicy, pepper, cedar, sandalwood. Which seed bank still has those? :)

amn.jpg

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
I grew three of the Kore S1s. Couldn't say I saw any resemblance what so ever to my other Super Silver Haze xs. Potency was not there for me, nor was smell, bit disappointed really, gave the rest away... :)

madalasatori

Veteran
EDIT: View bottom of this post to see all recommendations in this thread along with availability, pricing, reported lineage, etc. Thanks all of the contributions.

Question for anyone with experience growing Amnesia or Amnesia Haze.

Whose got the best beans for a reasonable price?

Information available seems quite muddled. There are a multitude of threads discussing the lineage of various Amnesia cuts and seeds so far so this thread is more specifically talking about currently available seed lines.

So I think its best to go with what attributes I'm after. As there seems to be quite a variety. Some people say Amnesia is a straight lemony/fruity aroma. Which I don't like.

I had Amnesia Haze from the Amnesia coffee shop in Amsterdam in 2008 and it definitely leaned more to the bubblegum and incense side of things (SSH type aromas in me experience) and I loved that bud.

Right now I'm looking at..

Dinafem Original Amnesia (no real guess as to the lineage here but they are feminized so hopefully just Amnesia cut S1s?)

Royal Queen Seeds Amnesia Haze (seemingly also S1 of either coffee shop or core cut?? are these guys affiliated with Hy Pro?)

Bulk Seed Bank (S1 of coffee shop cut??)

Soma (not really interested because expensive and the fact that Soma blatantly lies about the lineage bothers me)

Any others?

Has anyone grown any of these out?

I'm especially interested in the Dinafem because I can get a great deal on them and also in the Bulk Seed Bank ones because I want to get their Kali Mist seeds anyway (apparently made from 2 older Kali ladies, hopefully of the leathery, incense variety compared to the newer citrusy fruity Kali which I do not like at all).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Great info in this thread. Still a bit confused on the lineage but getting there. Hy-Pro were the first to make seeds. This could be Enemy of the State x Neville's Haze. Or it could be SSH Cut x ??.

Some people say the original cut is the Core cut. Others say the core cut is a newer more bubblegummy cut that's mids and that the original is more citrus and hazey (South Holland cut? Cup winning cut?). Mate Dave in another thread said "The Core cuttinfg isn't as potent as my Hypro. It's got a bubblebummy flavour where mine is straight lemon fuel. it's devastatingly potent the Hy'pro & it throws out 1' long colas".

One of these cuts is for sure SSH bagseed though.. Soma lineage is still.. muddled... although supposed to be more incense and hazey.. Anyway, current seed options suggested in this thread are listed below.

Current options as of 01/05/2022 (not comprehensive, prices listed are retail price quoted on breeders page converted to USD. The comments, alleged lineage and flowering times are from user posts in this thread or from breeder description);

Super Strains (Supposedly Hy-Pro operating under a new name): Original Amnesia. The OG, original recipe. Reg seeds are listed as 9-10 weeks flowering and cost $2260 for 1,2 or 3 seeds??? You have a choice? WTF? They claim "Regular seeds, stored in the depth of our Super Strains vault and available for sale". Anyway. Fems are >10 weeks flowering and $52 for 5 seeds so that's more normal. Stizo says, "It has incense and gas notes, is very potent but still allows you to work and be creative. Has body as well as high". I am assuming the freebie Stizo grew was a fem seed. Or just the most ballin freebie of all time if it was a reg.

Kwik Seeds (The Real Seed Company): Amnesia. They say it is an F2 of the Hy-Pro line that they created from 1998-2002 seed stock. 10-12 weeks flowering. $28 for 5 regular beans. They say "intense sweet incense" for the aroma. Supposed to be quite good and a reputable company.

Ripper Seeds: Ripper Haze. Could by Hy-Pro or Core cut S1. They say they first tasted it in 2002. Mysterious. 9-10 weeks flowering. $45 for 5 fems.

Bulk Seed Bank: They have 2. "Amnesia Platinum" which seems like it could be a Core cut S1 (even though they say its Skunk x C99 x Jack Herer), 9-10 weeks. willydread says "I've grown bulkseeds amnesia platinum, a good herb, but with lemon aroma, not incense..." . Their second offering is "Amnesia Haze" which I am completely guessing but I would assume is from Soma considering they list the lineage as South Asian x Jamaican. 11-13 weeks flowering. Both of these are $20 for 5 fems.

Royal Queen Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 10-11 weeks flowering. $45 for 5 fems. GoatCheese says this is based off of Soma's line but indica leaning.

Victory Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 10-13 weeks. $33 for 5 fems. GoatCheese says this is based off of Soma's line but sativa leaning.

Soma Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 12-13 weeks flowering. $80 for 5 fems. He also offers regs. So not sure which would be the better offering. Quite highly regarded in general though, plenty of positive comments on it. CANNATORIUM says "rosemary, sandalwood candy".

Real Gorilla Seeds: The Kore. Core cut S1. 9-10 weeks. $34 for 6 fems. Dr, Young mentions "I have grown before, and they are definitely very very good Haze seeds... Lemony spice 50% Hazey Incense 50%"

Dinafem Seeds: Original Amnesia. They say its an Amnesia backcross. 9-10 weeks. $49 for 5 fems but may be found cheaper since their bust. browntrout says "some interesting phenos, a couple yielders with earthy chocolate notes and skunky/floral/cologne sativa pheno with small resin packed buds and thin leaves. I have no idea how close to the original it was. But in the upper 50% of seeds I’ve grown for that pheno alone"

Pure Regular Seeds: Amnesia F2. Supposed to be Hy-Pro F2. No flowering time listed. $49 for 10 regs

Female Seeds (Sweet Seeds now?): Sweet Amnesia. Two clones crossed. 9 weeks. $43 for 5 fems + 2 free (not sure if 2 additional Amnesia or 2 random freebies?).

Karma Genetics: Jack O Nesia. Amnesia (D-cut) x Jack #22. 9-11 weeks. $81ish for 10 regs if you can find them. Pointed out by goingrey
Dinafem original amnesia grew me the best haze I’ve ever grown. Spicey incense with trichs like dust , done in 10 weeks and big yield. I grew 150 seeds in an attempt to find her again but nothing close. Still found some great phenos , my favourite was the heavy trichomed core type rather than the big fat lemony hazey types

NEED 4 SEED

Seeing these NYCD phenos pictured here I am even more convinced that Soma's stories are just a big pile of made-up nonsense, like he got a bagseed from some random guy from NY which he only trusted because he had hair like him and from that part of the story to a complete lineage, lol. I have grown them in '13 or '12 and got two additional completely different phenos than the ones here. If I get to my harddisc one day again I will post these. One was, admittedly, one totally dank indica dripping with resin and stinking ridiculously of chemical industry stuff and amphetamine. The other one was some kind of sativa that grew at first like an indica but after 5 or 6 nodes the top exploded into multiple long thin foxtails, that's why I called it the Tingel Tangel Bob pheno which is the German name for the Simpson's Sideshow Bob figure. This pheno had a similar chemical smell but more faint. Both phenos were racy to the extreme. I only managed to get a decent amount of seeds from the Sideshow Bob pheno which I tested last year. All of the 20-30 plants - but one - had that hair trait but smelled hazy/minty and not chemical like the mother. So no Grapefruit and no diesel and no whatsever inside. How can you sell something so variable for that amount of money...looks like a scam to me...But which european breeder does not scam people nowadays...Though I wish I had kept that chemical indica pheno because it was reeking so much over the top. With my knowledge of today I would have tried to breed a stable line out of it. No diesel seed that I grew came close to it in potency, grease and stank, period! And still I wonder what was the source of this pheno, if the main pheno was allegedly a grapefruit type of thing...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I dont know what sauce was in Somas Amnesia Haze used...but it was best Amnesia Haze I smoked till now.
One guy made selection on 7-8 packs...and It was best Amnesia I smoked till now It was 13-14 week flower different than sweet cuts. But it was the best it was selected before 15 years or so...what is now in packs I dont know.

William76

Iv grew super strains amnesia,great plant,the only thing is they all smell and taste of ammo but its harder to find a plant with the effect of the core cut,(which I'm looking for again after losing it),iv grew a few ammos from seed and usualy u have to find the 1 with the best hit and I noticed its harder to find from s1s,the kore is an example,had the same results as the above poster,nothing like the core cut,76

i.love.scotch

Thanks for all the new input y'all.

I grew a couple more Original Amnesia after being a bit disappointed by the first plant I grew of it.

The next two I grew just as little tester plants. I finished them out and put the bud in jars and never even got around to trying it till a couple months later (life of a hobby grower, always too many types to smoke. Good problem to have right? 😅). Anyway the one pheno that was just typical Amnesia looking and fairly typical lemony, buttery, amnesia type smell but the high was Strong. Like it got me completely blasted. Which is rare these days.

So I agree with the poster above that individual selection is very important even if the phenos look similar/typical the effect can vary a lot between them

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Blast from the past. I love Soma's Amnesia Haze. It smelled exactly like the hazes we use to smoke 15 years ago while partying. Straight root beer cola terps after one month cure. It was the smelliest plant in the tent and finished in 10 weeks. It's a vibrant, potent, trippy smoke!

View attachment 18950727
Look very nice.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Hybrids From Hell – Hashplant2

Hashplant 2: X-files x Core AmnesiaARNE X Danish Gold

Type: Sativa dominant

8 weeks of flowering

Harvest time: Sep 10-Oct 30

Happy, creative sativa 'up high'

Good mold resistance

I call this one the outdoor version of Amnesia. Knew a guy who grew it and did send some, but it has a very nice high and the typical incense aroma of Amnesia, so their is another option.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the coffee shop cut (and i think also the core cut) Lemon, Menthol and peanut (kind of) - nearly lost this a few times so lucky still to have it.
Quite pleased with a couple of crosses i did with it in recent years Ammi x Lemon Thai fems
and X C4dd (Chemnesia)
I was curious about reversing and making S1s but not sure if it would be 'appropriate' and also if it a SSH pheno or similar then unlikely to come consistently true from seed. Having said that it passed into the crosses quite well....
ammi cut.jpg

VG

flambocello

Who wants to chip in for superstrains original amnesia? Or has anybody bought already?

Purchased 3 fems recently just to test, (the regs are listed at $8,114 for 10!)

Have to be sceptical about what the results are going to be like but you never know...

Also got 10 regs of the Amnesia F2 from Pure Regular Seeds which are meant to be from the Superstrains line.

I think I read somewhere that Superstrains used a Nevilles Haze for the male pollen, haven't seen any info from people who've tried them unfortunately.

Found a plant that looks and grows exactly like the core cut from Gorilla's Lemon Drizzle, it doesn't have the extreme terps (just a mild woody/candy aroma) but a very nice plant . If it had the pungency and aroma my search would be over...

- compact structure, self supporting,
- roots easily, fuss free growing, good vigour
- very low calix to leaf ratio
- 60 days +/-, with minimal veg time required
- light green/gold colored compact buds like pine cones, very fat calyxes

The other 2 Lemon Drizzles were 10-11 weekers, very lemony, low density buds with thick sativa colas. Might get some more, 1 out of three heading in the right direction isn't bad.

Edited to note: I've never grown the core cut, would love to... just relying on all the info and grows people have posted over the years.

Latest posts

Latest posts