What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amnesia (Haze) options

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nev and Shanti selected c5hz1 and c5hz122 because they were the first piles of bud that they ran out of during the smoke tests..
What keeper did you find lol? :)

ArtOfSelection

female seeds have 'sweet amnesia'......2 well regarded clones crossed .........well priced also .........i have also heard good things about 'ripper haze' ......gunna have to pheno hunt either way :plant grow:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I got some sweet seeds sweet amnesia.... Im interested in popping them,but cant find any info about them, and no response from the maker on here. I'm not sure what 2 cuts..... I imagine the core/hypo or whatever its called cut... which i guess is the same as real gorilla s1s I have.... Which is solid but... maybe the other cut is a Soma Amnesia cut? Does anyone know anything about sweet seed amnesia?

GoatCheese

Veteran
I actually f2d somas nycd when he first released it...I actually still have that line if you want to check it out but has bad hermi issues...ther is definitely haze in it tho..very similar to super silver haze.....there was a skunk soma made with the Afghan Hawaiian that is nothing like his amo or his nycd.......what happens when you put together the old amnesia to haze.....it becomes amnesia haze......this is why I say there is no point comparing stuff from mr nice to things you should be comparing to like the old original lines........reef also did the same wen he made g13 haze....he lists it as g13 x Hawaiian.......but is it Hawaiian....cus most people know the Hawaiian side is actually the same amo cutting soma used.....by the way somas g13hzC male didnt display no g13 traits...just straight hazeC traits.

Thanks for the offer ,amigo, but i got my hands full allready. I have some bulk NYCD fems in the fridge. NYCD was actually one of the first buds i smoked in Amsterdam, from GHS coffeeshop, the mandarin tasting indica leaning bud. I’ve smoked it on few visits to Adam.
-
-
Yes i have read that Soma’s G13Hz male was sativa leaning, but i’m talking about the traits/bud structure of it’s offspring, not the male itself. I have never seen a photo of the male
All four of the MNS G13Hz plants i grew were also very sativa leaning, but i have another G13 hybrid cut i’m holding also (Gordy’s Spice18 from Motarebel) and i can tell you G13 genetics are completely different to Soma’ Afg-Haw stuff.
..and the Indica leaning phenos in Amnesia Haze are not G13 genetics, it’s the Af-Haw stuff.

Here’s the photo Royal Queen Seeds use on their web site for their AH fems. It’s the Af-Haw pheno, not G13 genetics. If you go thru photos of his NYCD you can find around the webs you can see the same phenotype in that line too, cause Soma used the Af-Haw male in both of them.

Yea, the bulk/RQS AH plants i had in veg would have looked something like this. Very indica heavy and too leafy so i binned them without flowering them.

amnesia-haze.jpg

-
-

I was actually gonna bring up Soma’s hazey Jamaican genetics in Hempy’s OHaze thread but few weeks before i was supposed to start flowering my Victory AH fems, i nearly killed them by letting the soil get too cold after watering them abit too much. = the winter came to the North and i had my grow cab’s door open for too long – i had just repotted the small plants into larger pots – and the root zone hadn’t grown out yet properly and i nearly killed them. I was pissed!
..It’s been awhile since i’ve waited to bloom plants this badly and i nearly f-ing killed them. Now i have been nursing them back to life for almost two months but i think i managed to save them.
I can put two of them into bloom in few days but the most interesting one, the haziest one, isn’t gonna make it yet. It took the worst beating and i’m just glad i didn’t kill it. But it was very close.

..yea, the Jamaican Haze is very similar to some of the HzC phenos, minty/menthol- leather-hazey spice, but imo, it’s not the same. Also most of the AH sativa plants don’t look like they came from HzA or HzC – Some plants may look little similar to phenos you can see in NH or G13Hz of AfgHz but some phenos look totally different.

:wave:

TheDarkStorm

These are from somas nycd when f2d

there is a chance some batches the parents may be different as some plants were lost...might explain the differences.....iv also seen some put his lineage for his amno as thai stick, laos,southeast asian.....who knows what he has done....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191001_182747.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	18032736
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190915_143425.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	18032737
sorry not got better pictures of the full plants....but you can defo pick up haze in most of what come out....wen you smoke it....seemed like some were afi/hawi an some seemed to be like a more orangey type ssh...I actually liked the orangey haze types beter than the original f1. Definitely no sour d in there tho....many people have s1 sour d but have never come out like somas nycd.

ps. Guess what happened to me last night.....I got some bud...had to buy it unfortunately.....dint ask me how this happened but I flushed it down the loo....I was pissed...had to go straight back out to buy more....only to come back home an go into the bathroom to wash my hands(corona precautions) only to look up an see the bud I thought got flushed sitting on the shelf of the mirror cabinet.....I wansnt too impressed with myself.
Good luck with your plants goat cheese....let us know how they come out for you.

MrFancyPlants

Good to see you here! I was trying to recall the company as I remembered your thread about using it in a cross. Maybe it's time to scratch that itch and let the community know how they turn out?

Good to see you too, goingrey! I wish I had room. My tents are currently full of Hondurans from ACE, with a couple of Bangi Hazes vegging as well. Perhaps by April/May I will have some space for the Amnesia. Cheers!

BobChronic6505

This is an interesting thread as I'm in the market for some good haze but I'm pretty sure all the recommendations are in the UK so that sux

Happy Times

A hybrid, but Jenny Kush by Rare Dankness- pheno a friend ran from seed was quite haze-influenced in structure and aroma

i.love.scotch

Wow, thanks for the great responses everyone. I am going to update the original post with all of the recommendations listed.

I did not know that Dinafem got busted... could explain why the seed bank I'm buying from has new stock of a bunch of Dinafem strains (including this Original Haze) on sale. Blow out?

Anyway, I ordered the Dinafem Original Amnesia for better or worse. I will update here once I run them out.

Did not mean to start a Soma debate and ensuing chatter about unrelated strains etc but thank you all for the interesting discussion and contributions

goingrey

Super Strains (Supposedly Hy-Pro operating under a new name): Original Amnesia. The OG, original recipe. Reg seeds are listed as 9-10 weeks flowering and cost $2260 for 1,2 or 3 seeds??? You have a choice?

Surely no one would go for all three, that would just be greedy.

And they say the gem rate is 75%.

At least they have a sense of humor..

i.love.scotch

Surely no one would go for all three, that would just be greedy.

And they say the gem rate is 75%.

At least they have a sense of humor..

Ahhhhh. So maybe they are the original seeds from the 90s? Or at least older seeds from the original parents and maybe they lost the parents, hence the price (rarity)?

As a big Amnesia fanboy (it has been my daily smoke for years, I'm smoking it right now as I type this), I feel this topic is actually in my wheelhouse for once!! Lol😅 And after wasting 20months growing different packs of seeds looking for the coffeshop pheno, heres what I know (and also some speculations)

Amnesia- is a 9 week SSH pheno. It is also known as "the Core cut" and "the Hypro" cut. Core is/was a member here on icmag. He got the cut off another member called Moppel who found it in a pack of SSH.
Hypro was a nutrient or equipment company I believe. I think Mopel might have worked for them or been involved with them. They later changed to Superstrains and made S1 seeds from the cut.

Amnesia Haze - Longer flowering (11-13 weeks) and I speculate is probably Amnesia Core cut x Haze.

I grew out various packs of "Amnesia Haze" seeds over a 20 month period a few years back, only to find out that the pheno I was searching for, that I had been smoking and loved, was the Core cut (ssh). I later sourced this cut as I found nothing similar in the seeds I grew.

If I were trying to find this pheno or something similiar in seed form now, here is where I would look.

Superstrains- Formerly Hypro. Their fem Amnesia seeds are s1's of the Core/Hypro cut. They also sell Regular Amnesia seeds, from the original batch of SSH that the core/hypro cut came from, but they are 2k a pack.

GHS - As someone else already said, you could go for SLH from Greenhouse Seeds. I love Amnesia and the 9 week pheno of SLH is also one of my favourites. Very similiar but a little sweeter. I like them equally as much. Here is a good example of the pheno https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/marijuana-strains-and-breeding/368343-the-haze-hybrid-thread?p=11999812#post11999812
The SSH and the GH Amnesia and Damnesia might have similar phenos in them also but the SLH regularly throws out the pheno above. I would definitely try that.

Authentic Mr Foxtail : his "Double Haze" is Amnesia x SSH

Mr. Nice : I hear the SSH throws out some 8-9week bubblegum phenos. I'd prob have a look in there

If I was looking for "Amnesia Haze" I'd go for Soma.

For Amnesia crosses- Sour Amnesia is one of my favourite flavours and currently No.1 on my most wanted list of cuts. I believe it was from Hortilabs.
Old School Genetics also did a version called Sour Fire Lost (Core cut x Riri cut).
Both have a very similar flavour to SSSDH. The same taste profile, but a little fuller.
Connoisseur Genetics has Amnesia Hazy Jones, as well as SSSDH in seed form.

Hope this helps find something awsome🙏👍👊

Piff_cat

Here's a pic of g13 haze c male from Soma just for reference

Attachments

• photo2104633.jpg
    photo2104633.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 74

goingrey

Interesting paper listed in Sam's thread:
Classification of Various Marijuana Varieties by Raman Microscopy and Chemometrics
Luis Ramos-Guerrero, Gemma Montalvo, Marzia Cosmi, Carmen García-Ruiz and Fernando E. Ortega-Ojeda
Toxics2022, 10, 115.
Doi: 10.3390/ toxics10030115
https://www.mdpi.com/2305-6304/10/3/...m_medium=email
The Raman analysis of marijuana is challenging because of the sample’s easy photo- degradation caused by the laser intensity. In this study, optimization of collection parameters and laser focusing on marijuana trichome heads allowed collecting Raman spectra without damaging the samples. The Raman spectra of ∆9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), and cannabinol (CBN) standard cannabinoids were compared with Raman spectra of five different types of marijuana: four Sativa varieties (Amnesia Haze, Amnesia Hy-Pro, Original Amnesia, and Y Griega) and one Indica variety (Black Domina). The results verified the presence of several common spectral bands that are useful for marijuana characterization. Results were corroborated by the quantum chemical simulated Raman spectra of their acid-form (tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA), cannabidiol acid (CBDA)) and decarboxylated cannabinoids (THC, CBD, and CBN). A chemometrics-assisted method based on Raman microscopy and OPLS-DA offered good classification among the different marijuana varieties allowing identification of the most significant spectral bands.

Using OPLS-DA (some kind of statistical tool) it seems easy enough to differentiate between these "Amnesias".

toxics-10-00115-g006-550.jpg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
20220617_194407.jpg

By growing many Amnesia seeds....
I have found out that Amnesia Core cut is Sensi's Silver Haze.
But this Amnesia is not as good as real Amnesia Haze that made hype with this name/strain.
And I am 100% shure now that this Amnesia Haze "nessel cut" that golden big calyx original Amnesia Haze is Jack herer x afghan.

Here is my pheno of recent grow of Jack....and it look like it and smell very close....
Who remember this original Amnesia Haze.

Latest posts

Latest posts