What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amnesia (Haze) options

i.love.scotch

EDIT: View bottom of this post to see all recommendations in this thread along with availability, pricing, reported lineage, etc. Thanks all of the contributions.

Question for anyone with experience growing Amnesia or Amnesia Haze.

Whose got the best beans for a reasonable price?

Information available seems quite muddled. There are a multitude of threads discussing the lineage of various Amnesia cuts and seeds so far so this thread is more specifically talking about currently available seed lines.

So I think its best to go with what attributes I'm after. As there seems to be quite a variety. Some people say Amnesia is a straight lemony/fruity aroma. Which I don't like.

I had Amnesia Haze from the Amnesia coffee shop in Amsterdam in 2008 and it definitely leaned more to the bubblegum and incense side of things (SSH type aromas in me experience) and I loved that bud.

Right now I'm looking at..

Dinafem Original Amnesia (no real guess as to the lineage here but they are feminized so hopefully just Amnesia cut S1s?)

Royal Queen Seeds Amnesia Haze (seemingly also S1 of either coffee shop or core cut?? are these guys affiliated with Hy Pro?)

Bulk Seed Bank (S1 of coffee shop cut??)

Soma (not really interested because expensive and the fact that Soma blatantly lies about the lineage bothers me)

Any others?

Has anyone grown any of these out?

I'm especially interested in the Dinafem because I can get a great deal on them and also in the Bulk Seed Bank ones because I want to get their Kali Mist seeds anyway (apparently made from 2 older Kali ladies, hopefully of the leathery, incense variety compared to the newer citrusy fruity Kali which I do not like at all).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Great info in this thread. Still a bit confused on the lineage but getting there. Hy-Pro were the first to make seeds. This could be Enemy of the State x Neville's Haze. Or it could be SSH Cut x ??.

Some people say the original cut is the Core cut. Others say the core cut is a newer more bubblegummy cut that's mids and that the original is more citrus and hazey (South Holland cut? Cup winning cut?). Mate Dave in another thread said "The Core cuttinfg isn't as potent as my Hypro. It's got a bubblebummy flavour where mine is straight lemon fuel. it's devastatingly potent the Hy'pro & it throws out 1' long colas".

One of these cuts is for sure SSH bagseed though.. Soma lineage is still.. muddled... although supposed to be more incense and hazey.. Anyway, current seed options suggested in this thread are listed below.

Current options as of 01/05/2022 (not comprehensive, prices listed are retail price quoted on breeders page converted to USD. The comments, alleged lineage and flowering times are from user posts in this thread or from breeder description);

Super Strains (Supposedly Hy-Pro operating under a new name): Original Amnesia. The OG, original recipe. Reg seeds are listed as 9-10 weeks flowering and cost $2260 for 1,2 or 3 seeds??? You have a choice? WTF? They claim "Regular seeds, stored in the depth of our Super Strains vault and available for sale". Anyway. Fems are >10 weeks flowering and $52 for 5 seeds so that's more normal. Stizo says, "It has incense and gas notes, is very potent but still allows you to work and be creative. Has body as well as high". I am assuming the freebie Stizo grew was a fem seed. Or just the most ballin freebie of all time if it was a reg.

Kwik Seeds (The Real Seed Company): Amnesia. They say it is an F2 of the Hy-Pro line that they created from 1998-2002 seed stock. 10-12 weeks flowering. $28 for 5 regular beans. They say "intense sweet incense" for the aroma. Supposed to be quite good and a reputable company.

Ripper Seeds: Ripper Haze. Could by Hy-Pro or Core cut S1. They say they first tasted it in 2002. Mysterious. 9-10 weeks flowering. $45 for 5 fems.

Bulk Seed Bank: They have 2. "Amnesia Platinum" which seems like it could be a Core cut S1 (even though they say its Skunk x C99 x Jack Herer), 9-10 weeks. willydread says "I've grown bulkseeds amnesia platinum, a good herb, but with lemon aroma, not incense..." . Their second offering is "Amnesia Haze" which I am completely guessing but I would assume is from Soma considering they list the lineage as South Asian x Jamaican. 11-13 weeks flowering. Both of these are $20 for 5 fems.

Royal Queen Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 10-11 weeks flowering. $45 for 5 fems. GoatCheese says this is based off of Soma's line but indica leaning.

Victory Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 10-13 weeks. $33 for 5 fems. GoatCheese says this is based off of Soma's line but sativa leaning.

Soma Seeds: Amnesia Haze. 12-13 weeks flowering. $80 for 5 fems. He also offers regs. So not sure which would be the better offering. Quite highly regarded in general though, plenty of positive comments on it. CANNATORIUM says "rosemary, sandalwood candy".

Real Gorilla Seeds: The Kore. Core cut S1. 9-10 weeks. $34 for 6 fems. Dr, Young mentions "I have grown before, and they are definitely very very good Haze seeds... Lemony spice 50% Hazey Incense 50%"

Dinafem Seeds: Original Amnesia. They say its an Amnesia backcross. 9-10 weeks. $49 for 5 fems but may be found cheaper since their bust. browntrout says "some interesting phenos, a couple yielders with earthy chocolate notes and skunky/floral/cologne sativa pheno with small resin packed buds and thin leaves. I have no idea how close to the original it was. But in the upper 50% of seeds I’ve grown for that pheno alone"

Pure Regular Seeds: Amnesia F2. Supposed to be Hy-Pro F2. No flowering time listed. $49 for 10 regs

Female Seeds (Sweet Seeds now?): Sweet Amnesia. Two clones crossed. 9 weeks. $43 for 5 fems + 2 free (not sure if 2 additional Amnesia or 2 random freebies?).

Karma Genetics: Jack O Nesia. Amnesia (D-cut) x Jack #22. 9-11 weeks. $81ish for 10 regs if you can find them. Pointed out by goingrey

Last edited:

Red October

I'm also interested to what experiences people have had, most of the forum discussions don't have a definitive conclusion. Apparently ripper seeds: ripper haze is an S1 of the hy-pro cut and the royal queen seeds version is of their own making and not from somas line. I'm going to try Barney's amnesia lemon but that's supposed to be reefermans love potion #1 so not even related to amnesia.

Last edited:

goingrey

Great thread, I have also been wondering who might have the best Amnesia seeds.

Is the information really muddled though? The only story I've heard is that Amnesia (Core/coffeeshop cut) is an SSH bagseed from Greenhouse coffeeshop. It has been the most popular cut in Amsterdam for over 20 years now.

Hy-Pro was the first company to release Amnesia seeds. They used a Neville's Haze male as the pollen donor. Kwik Seeds (The Real Seed Company) is selling knockoffs/F2's of it - could be a good option maybe?

Dinafem was shut down by the Spanish authorities last year. If you are interested in their Amnesia (or any of their varieties for that matter), and can still find them, now is the time to buy.

Stizo

Veteran
I grew out a freebie from Super Strains that they list as a Nevil's Haze crossed to an Afghan. They call it Original Amnesia. It has incense and gas notes, is very potent but still allows you to work and be creative. Has body as well as high. I've nursed a clone back to health and run it twice. It is really really good. I grow multiple varieties becasue I like day time and night time smokes. I have to say either I lucked out or this company is very good. I also grow autos for fun in the back yard and theirs were also the stinkiest from a bunch including some Mephisto gear. I didn't smoke them though in case they have that auto hay taste which auto growers love to deny is in most autos.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Amnesia (ssh) and Soma’s Amnesia Haze are not related.

Royal Queen’s Amnesia Haze is based on Soma’s AH but is very indica leaning. I had three of these going from bulk seeds but they were so indica leaning that i didn’t even bother to flower them and just threw them away.

Victory Seeds' AH is also a version of Soma’s AH but it is sativa leaning, at least the three plants i got going atm but i haven’t had the chance to flower them yet. ...but they look much better than Royal Queen’s version and are clearly S1 of different parent plant.

Personally i can’t believe why Soma gets so much shit cause he was vague about the genetics of his AH at first, he is fairly open about it know.
..many dutch seed banks like Sensi are just as vague about their genetics but only Soma gets the shit talking. Shantibaba also isn’t so straight forward about his genetics but he isn’t called a bullshit artist. Dutch Passion etc ballh, blaah many of these seed banks keep some of their genetic lines secret.

I’m not Soma’s fan, i have never bought any of his seeds and i think his seeds are too expensive but i just think it’s funny the “conspiracy theories” surrounding Soma’s AH
It’s SE Asian/ Jamaican / Afghan/Hawaiian he states this on this website quite openly.

Anyways if you guys want to try cheaper version of Soma’s AH, Victory Seeds’ version looks interesting to me and is quite sativa leaning.

goingrey

Amnesia (ssh) and Soma’s Amnesia Haze are not related.

Personally i can’t believe why Soma gets so much shit cause he was vague about the genetics of his AH at first, he is fairly open about it know.

I’m not Soma’s fan, i have never bought any of his seeds and i think his seeds are too expensive but i just think it’s funny the “conspiracy theories” surrounding Soma’s AH
It’s SE Asian/ Jamaican / Afghan/Hawaiian he states this on this website quite openly.

To be fair, releasing totally different genetics with a similar name to something very popular (ECSD -> NYCD, Amnesia -> Amnesia Haze) is somewhat misleading.

GoatCheese

Veteran
To be fair, releasing totally different genetics with a similar name to something very popular (ECSD -> NYCD, Amnesia -> Amnesia Haze) is somewhat misleading.

Some seed banks are misleading their customers???!!! ...never happened.:biglaugh:
How about the rest of them whose seed lines look and smell nothing like they were advertized?

NYCD is based on ECSD S1 seeds so it really isn’t that misleading, imo. How many US breeders use SSH in their crosses and call it “Silver Something” or use Blueberry and call it Blue Something.
Cannabis scene is full of people riding with other people’s creations and using the names. This happens all the time, so they’re all guilty. So let's be fair and call them all out not just one.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
The best Amnesia I ever smoked was Somas's Amnesia Haze,all other are just watered down version of Amnesia compared to this cut......

It was more smell on rosemary,sandalwood candy....than bubblegum candy amnesia that goes around these days....

If I were you I will buy SLH instead of Amnesia seeds,or if you want Amnesia then buy GH Amnesia,Amsterdam Amnesia and Sesni Amnesia latest offering...and comapre who has the best one.

Dinafem is being busted so who knows what seeds you will get.

goingrey

NYCD is based on ECSD S1 seeds so it really isn’t that misleading, imo.

That seems unlikely based on how different they are. But I don't know for sure. If it is indeed the case then I suppose the name is ok.

But this thread wasn't about NYCD, instead about currently available Amnesia seeds...

An interesting option could be Karma's Jack-O-Nesia. Takes a similar approach as the Hy-Pro seed release but uses a Jack Herer instead of a Neville's Haze male. Anyone tried this one?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I would go to Mr.Nice auctions...... get the real deal straight from the man who all the breeders/seed companies get their stock from... The 1st true breeder basically... Neville/Shantibaba/Mr.Nice

Aside from that Soma's Amnesia haze is apparently a g13hzA cross from special old Neville/Mr.Nice beans.....

So either get Mr.Nice Mangohaze, g13haze, or Soma's Amnesia Haze.... All the SSH Amnesia is mids... more lemony than incense.....

browntrout

Veteran
Dinafem original amnesia had some interesting phenos, a couple yielders with earthy chocolate notes and skunky/floral/cologne sativa pheno with small resin packed buds and thin leaves. I have no idea how close to the original it was. But in the upper 50% of seeds I’ve grown for that pheno alone.

TheDarkStorm

I would go to Mr.Nice auctions...... get the real deal straight from the man who all the breeders/seed companies get their stock from... The 1st true breeder basically... Neville/Shantibaba/Mr.Nice

Aside from that Soma's Amnesia haze is apparently a g13hzA cross from special old Neville/Mr.Nice beans.....

So either get Mr.Nice Mangohaze, g13haze, or Soma's Amnesia Haze.... All the SSH Amnesia is mids... more lemony than incense.....

Somas g13hazeC is a hazeC hybrid an comes from nevil....nothing to with mr nice.......the old original versions of ssh stunk as most of nevils haze stuff did....had that mad anticeptic type sent with the incence tones .....had a strong crazy mad confusing high....an not dull like the later versions.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I said Nevil.... Not sure why you are nitpicking something that petty...
Even saying that Mr.Nice has nothing to do with Nevil? Come on dude...
Also the seeds came from g13haze from 1988... When Haze A was alive.... Shanti, Soma, and Nevil never said they were Haze C with 100% certainty ...

GoatCheese

Veteran
Soma’s Amnesia Haze has his Afghan Hawaiian male in it. Not the G13Hz male he has.
You can clearly see similar indica leaning phenos in Soma’s NYCD and AH because he used the same Af-Haw male in both lines. They look the same and they smell the same.
G13 genetics smell completely different compared to Soma’s Af-Haw stuff.

I have grown MNS G13Hz and i can’t see these phenos on the AH photos i’ve seen, nor do the sativa leaning AH phenos look like Haze hybrids from Nevil. but i do see G13Hz traits in Soma’s GHz hybrids. Some of my GHz phenos looked similar to Soma’s GHz stuff

Why people are confused, i think, is because the Jamaican Soma used (calls it Jamaican Haze) is very similar smelling as some Haze C phenos. My g13Hz keeper has very similar Haze aroma profile (menthol/minty, leather, hazey spice) as on some of the Victory AH plants i have going, but it’s not the same. G13Hz is much more subtle/bland in smell compared to the aromas in the AH, which has noticeably more sharper spice note to it that is almost “harsh”.

I think the Jamaican Soma used is also based on old Columbian line that is genetically related to the O Haze/Haze C/Nevil’s plants. According to Phylos Jamaican genetics are closely related to Columbians.
MNS G13Hz is an IBL line and all the four females i grew were fairly subtle in smell and i doubt Soma’s G13Hz male is much different.

There’s no G13Hz in Soma’s AH, but you guys are free to believe what you want. It’s just a myth started by someone (on spanish forums?) cause Soma’s AH was apparently released around the same time as his G13Hz hybrids and the name has the word ‘amnesia’ in it. Very bro-scientific theory, indeed! LOL.

Here’s a screen capture from Phylos Galaxy. Jamaican LB is closely related to Columbos:

fetch?photoid=17515235.jpg

MrFancyPlants

Check out Pure Regular Seeds. They have an Amnesia F2 from original Hy-Pro seeds. I received some as freebies and have been itching to pop them. Low risk, potentially high reward... :wave:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
RealGorilla has feminized Kore/Amnesia/Ammo seeds.... I have grown before, and they are definitely very very good Haze seeds...
Not watered down with NL or Skunk.....
Super stretchy donkey dick genetics... The highest yielding seed ive ever grown by a long shot.. It basically is impossible to get a more vigorous, stretchy, filled in cola than the plant i seen.... I imagine with co2 and training you could figure out a way to make a 6 foot long bud with these seeds...

Lemony spice 50% Hazey Incense 50%

For incense I prefer the Mangohz cross I have, but.... for plant frame Id take the Kore every time.

TheDarkStorm

Soma’s Amnesia Haze has his Afghan Hawaiian male in it. Not the G13Hz male he has.
You can clearly see similar indica leaning phenos in Soma’s NYCD and AH because he used the same Af-Haw male in both lines. They look the same and they smell the same.
G13 genetics smell completely different compared to Soma’s Af-Haw stuff.

I have grown MNS G13Hz and i can’t see these phenos on the AH photos i’ve seen, nor do the sativa leaning AH phenos look like Haze hybrids from Nevil. but i do see G13Hz traits in Soma’s GHz hybrids. Some of my GHz phenos looked similar to Soma’s GHz stuff

Why people are confused, i think, is because the Jamaican Soma used (calls it Jamaican Haze) is very similar smelling as some Haze C phenos. My g13Hz keeper has very similar Haze aroma profile (menthol/minty, leather, hazey spice) as on some of the Victory AH plants i have going, but it’s not the same. G13Hz is much more subtle/bland in smell compared to the aromas in the AH, which has noticeably more sharper spice note to it that is almost “harsh”.

I think the Jamaican Soma used is also based on old Columbian line that is genetically related to the O Haze/Haze C/Nevil’s plants. According to Phylos Jamaican genetics are closely related to Columbians.
MNS G13Hz is an IBL line and all the four females i grew were fairly subtle in smell and i doubt Soma’s G13Hz male is much different.

There’s no G13Hz in Soma’s AH, but you guys are free to believe what you want. It’s just a myth started by someone (on spanish forums?) cause Soma’s AH was apparently released around the same time as his G13Hz hybrids and the name has the word ‘amnesia’ in it. Very bro-scientific theory, indeed! LOL.

Here’s a screen capture from Phylos Galaxy. Jamaican LB is closely related to Columbos:

I actually f2d somas nycd when he first released it...I actually still have that line if you want to check it out but has bad hermi issues...ther is definitely haze in it tho..very similar to super silver haze.....there was a skunk soma made with the Afghan Hawaiian that is nothing like his amo or his nycd.......what happens when you put together the old amnesia to haze.....it becomes amnesia haze......this is why I say there is no point comparing stuff from mr nice to things you should be comparing to like the old original lines........reef also did the same wen he made g13 haze....he lists it as g13 x Hawaiian.......but is it Hawaiian....cus most people know the Hawaiian side is actually the same amo cutting soma used.....by the way somas g13hzC male didnt display no g13 traits...just straight hazeC traits.

TheDarkStorm

I said Nevil.... Not sure why you are nitpicking something that petty...
Even saying that Mr.Nice has nothing to do with Nevil? Come on dude...
Also the seeds came from g13haze from 1988... When Haze A was alive.... Shanti, Soma, and Nevil never said they were Haze C with 100% certainty ...

1988/89 g13hazeC was in nevils catalogue....edd r..was the one who gave those specific seeds to soma.....its 100% a hazeC type.....nevil never ever worked at mr nice or for mr nice ever.....that is also true.

goingrey

Check out Pure Regular Seeds. They have an Amnesia F2 from original Hy-Pro seeds. I received some as freebies and have been itching to pop them. Low risk, potentially high reward... :wave:

Good to see you here! I was trying to recall the company as I remembered your thread about using it in a cross. Maybe it's time to scratch that itch and let the community know how they turn out?

Latest posts

Latest posts