What's new

Amare Technologies Solar Spec Insights

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know about anyone else, but, I gained valuable experience on how NOT to use the Solar Specs

In fairness, Amare will be adding more reds to the veg side

The BBCC (Indicas) handled having little reds in veg much better, but they would have benefited from more reds during veg

I will begin veg with both sides on, and monitor stretch

Pretty simple

I am going to finish them, but dropped new seeds in water yesterday

Looking forward to a fresh start

Pic #1 is BBCC

View attachment 293229 View attachment 293230 View attachment 293231

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Popped New Seeds

Popped New Seeds

I tossed 10 Med-Man Silver Skunk seeds into Himalayan Salt Crystal mineralized RO water Monday.

Hoping for more stable phenos. This last batch was very hybridized, had little in common with my first SS grow, and threw me off from making any quasi-comparisons between the SPYDR and the Amare Solar Specs, or the Solar Specs themselves as veg lights. I would need clones to do that. Probably won't happen as I have other genetics to grow

So far, 8 SS seeds have tongues (taproots) sticking out, so I just inserted them into Super Starter Plugs that were soaked over night

I placed them in the south facing kitchen window, now waiting for them to sprout

With ~ 3 weeks to harvest in my 2 Solar Spec tents, initially, I will veg these under 2 ufos (3500/5000)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Between yesterday (sat rez) and today (Indica rez) I replaced ~ 10 day old nutes (although topped off with fresh every morning) with fresh nutes, mixing...

5gms of +Size
~ 180ppm Epsom salt(rounded tspn)
+ 500ppm V + B
~ 900ppm total

Sats responded positively within a couple hours (2-3 feedings)

Both tents are looking real good now, although yield will be well off my norm

Pics by Sunday

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's encouraging to see how well both strains are fattening up

Pictured are sats (BBCC under 2 @ SS 150s in my other thread)

Plus, welcome 9 new babies, and help me focus on them being truer expressions of their parents - Big Mex and Blueberry Cheesecake

Babies are under the SS 260, somewhat shaded by the big sat

(Edit) A few tap roots have already broken through the starter cubes, so I moved them into 4" net pots, side filled with small polished rock then into my Igloo bubbler

View attachment 294174 View attachment 294175

View attachment 294176 View attachment 294177

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
R'Tard Seeds

R'Tard Seeds

R'Tard Seeds

This being my second difficult go-round using seeds I developed by mixing a Med-Man Silver Skunk Bx 1 male with a Med-Man Blueberry Cheesecake female (the 2 halves of said strain) I began to suspect a bad pollination.

Typically, no matter the seeds, I get long taps in 2-3 days

Now 2 attempts popping my seeds (~ 10 seeds each time,) mine barely cracked even after days and days. I transferred them to starter cubes anyway. Anyone following could tell I was unhappy. It may have appeared I was questioning the lights when all I was doing was questioning why

Fortunately, I had 6 original seeds left, so I popped the rest YESTERDAY

This morning (<24 hours), all have cracked and 2 already have 1/4+ taps sticking out

Why my breeding the male with the female resulted in inferior seeds, I have no clue, but that spiraled the whole grow out of proportion

Many probably questioned the lights, when when the likely suspect is my R'Tard Seeds.

Maybe I should copyright the name
yay.gif

I've grown quality plants under 3000/5000k LED household bulbs and 4ft led tubes, so even though I've been frustrated, I was open to digging deeper for the cause.

Now we’ll see what these babies (lights and seeds) can do

The BBCC seems to be ok, although ~ 30% smaller than the original mother, but the sat (Big Mex aka BM) is literally 1/10th the size of the original Med-Man plant

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started 6 new original Med-Man Silver Skunk seeds a few days ago

All were transferred to starter cubes

I went to water my seedlings this morning

All 6 are gone

Just the shell husks remain on top of each starter cube

I have no idea what could have eaten them

I just tossed 10 Woody Haze x White Widow, pollinated with G 13

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just checked on the 2 plants that I started a couple weeks ago

Too big to gobble down?

Low and behold, there was a Palmetto Bug (roach family) on one

Took it outside and dispensed of it

I am not aware that they eat plant material

Will do a Wiki

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-palmetto-bugs-eat
"Palmetto bugs generally live outside and eat decomposing plant matter. "
Pitcher plants, bats, Cuban tree frogs. Keeping a clean grow room. They should all work limiting "Palmettos".
You're welcome.

Thanks,

If this is a peace offering, I accept :tiphat:

Where I live they get into our houses

What attracted it to tiny seedlings in a water bath (bubbler) is weird and resourceful

Boric acid keeps them at bay

We've had some heavy rains

Need to reapply

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SS 150 + ufo 3500k BBCC

4 BBCC near done. They are very fast finishers

I lowered the lights to ~ 14" to provide deeper penetration

They don't develop many calyxes

No discernible difference left or right, but the far right side needed a bit more light

SS 260 Sats

Lowered light ~ 14”

Lots of calyxes developing

SS 150 Seedlings

Two survivors of my Silver Skunk breeding are doing well under the SS 150

I also tossed 15 poly-seeds Woody Haze x White Widow pollinated with G 13

Several have cracked taps are showing

View attachment 295634 View attachment 295635

View attachment 295636 View attachment 295637

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thumbing through an old MJ growers book Marijuana Flower Forcing and came across a "Super Size" tip

At ~ 4 weeks into flower give plants 24/0 light for 3 weeks to initiate reveg

Apparently it does not effect the buds as they are set.

Then drop photo-period to flower

It goes on to say even a few days of 24/0 between week 4-5 will stimulate more flowers, potentially increasing weight ~ 10%

Ima try that with the Sat dom, which is under the SS 260

FYI tent temp 65* this morning.

Cool weather expected all week. Just in time

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking really nice. I wonder what the price is for a SS260 unit. All I know is that I really want it lol.

It's $795, with a Customer Loyalty program giving discounts on 2-3 and a deep discount on #4

My future grows will be much better, now that it has been drummed into my head that it needs to be ~ 30" above during veg and 20" during flower

Also, that I can run both spectrums during veg to achieve the height I want, then turn off the reds until flowering

The SS 100s ($265) or SS 150s ($395) are excellent alternatives that are easier on the wallet to get started, and have the same Customer Loyalty program

hestah

Thats a good price IMO. I thought it would be a least 1000$. But I think maybe the SS 150s would be better suited for my space. Anyway great thread, will continue to read about this.

Latest posts

Latest posts