What's new

Amare Technologies Solar Spec Insights

mr. gt

tagged. I've seen the pound plus led thread where every grow yielded more than a P. That was a pretty impressive selling point. I believe they weren't near 1gpw at the time though.

Since you have good communication with this AT, would you mind asking if he ever considered a Vertical Led setup. Possibly not because of the 'special market'

~mr. gt

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 #+. I could have gotten that under the SPYDR last grow, if, I had 2 Big Mex instead of one.

But I'm glad the other pheno was Blueberry Cheesecake as the BM knocks me on my ass. The BM yielded > 222gms trimmed dry bud

Vertical leds are simply bars turned 90*s

see BML Custom tab

Update

Big Baby (on the left) is just about 100% AGAIN.

I raised the panel another 2"

The moral of the story, don't put babies under such high intensity panels

I did this out of necessity as my veg tent crashed ~ 2 weeks ago, and I had sent the SS 100 to someone else

I would replace the SS 260 with the 2 x 150s, but the new tent should be here Monday

The plant in the lower left in the nursery is not doing well due to roots not hitting the nutes yet.

I need to take her out of the Air Pot (effectively lowering her) so she can soak up more nutes

View attachment 287487

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 3 plants that weren't getting adequate watering are bouncing back nicely

I cleaned the tote as there was some algae building up

Wednesday's pics should be clear evidence that this was not a nutrient deficiency

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I effectively raised CaMg by increasing ppm to~ 500

The 3 that took the hit are recovering quite nicely, though well behind in development

My new tent finally arrived

I will set it up and with 2 Solar Spec 150s (look for new thread) continue to veg the plants not kept under the 260

The reveg under te BML SPYDR is ~ 2 weeks from harvest

Once it's down, I will take one of the 2 plants from the 260 and begin the side by side comparison

You might notice a couple large leafs have curled a little. This was from Fiming her

View attachment 288033 View attachment 288034

View attachment 288035 View attachment 288036

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cleaned the tote, which develops algae over a week due to canopy not yet big enough to shade the entire tote, so each watering a lot of water is getting hit with the light

I also lowered the 2 totes some 4" which keeps the SS 260 at 30" for the 3 smallest plants

I set up the new 2 x 4 tent, but a new 32 x 32 x 76 is waiting for me to pick up by Tuesday/Wednesday, so will wait for it to set up the 2 x 150s

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The babies are really looking good since changing nutes and effectively raising the lights

Not sure when I can begin lowering the 260 but I can't raise it and the plants are growing

I cannot find 2 magnifying glasses somewhere in my house, to check for sex, but do have a jewelers magnifier

Alas, it looks like the plant on the left is one super bushy male
confused.gif

Could be a couple tall females among the babies, a sign of BM pheno
smoking.gif

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a hot tip

Hydroponic Research makes +Size, a flowering amendment, that is ALSO good for starting seedlings/clones

From HR

"Use at .2grams per gallon for seedlings and clones. A little goes a long way."

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so excited by how fast they are growing, and how well they are doing under a much lowered light to canopy

As you can see the panel is < 10" from the tips of the 2 tallest plants (in the back), which I am hoping are 2 Big Mex females

5 days of steady rain has prevented me from properly airing out my new tent, but it's going to be dry for a few days, so by tomorrow I will erect the new tent and move the shorter plants (likely BBCC) under the 2 x SS 150s

Between the reveg and the solo plant I have more than enough BBCC, so might just compost them and start a new strain. Critical Mass anyone?

Note how full the solo plant is. Now I did Fim her (most likely), and her 2 top shoots are nice and thick. Just don't yet know whether she's a BBCC or a BM, though likely the former

View attachment 289501 View attachment 289502 View attachment 289503

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to flip, but no signs of sex, so this morning I flipped the switch incorporating the reds as well

I was avoiding this since under the less intense BML this strain stretches like crazy

I was expecting more red hue, but minimal compared to what I was expecting

Hey PetFlora, I am new here and looking at getting some new LED lights for my 2 4x4 grow rooms. What lights would you recommend? I've looked at the BML and California lightworks. Is there a site for the Amare? couldn't find anything.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey PetFlora, I am new here and looking at getting some new LED lights for my 2 4x4 grow rooms. What lights would you recommend? I've looked at the BML and California lightworks. Is there a site for the Amare? couldn't find anything.

Hey BJS, Amare is working on it. I have seen a glimpse: it is extremely professional, but more importantly, they are quality panels, designed by a mj grower for mj growers, in response to many crap lights he bought

There is no comparison to BML SPYDR in that BML does not have separate o/o switches to control when to add the reds for flower= too much stretch unless you are growing Indica dom

3-4 Solar Spec 150s/tent will likely do you well. He provides discounts for quantity purchase

Contact info@amaretechnologies.com

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I removed Solo, as I suspected, it's a he.

I already have a bunch of seeds, so he's gone

Thinking to take the 2 next biggest (still hoping they are Big Mex females)

and put them under the 2 SS 150s, and push to flower

I will leave the rest under the SS 260 and decide whether to kill them off and start new strain

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hooked up the 2 SS 150s

Can't figure out how to use the H connector to hook them together

Veg lights only for ~ 10- 15 days

Looks like 2/3 on the left are Big Mex females

Once I flip, will move one under the 260

and the rest will either go under another light, or be culled

Probably will start a new thread later today

View attachment 290691

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been a little negligent with this as I have other threads here using Amare

After reading Med-Mans tutorial, I went dark yesterday

Shooting for 36 hours dark, but since I already had some small buds I might flip later today, so they will get a few hours light before lights out

Be interesting to see what, if anything this does once some buds have set

I wound up with 2 BM females and 4 BBCC females crammed into one 5g tote.

I will separate them into 2 totes tomorrow

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For me, using the Solar Specs has been quite the learning curve

Hope this helps others avoid my mistakes/missteps

Sats have turned the corner, but I doubt they will end up comparing to what I did under the SPYDR 600

Keeping them in small net pots early on seems to have Bonsaied them

Also, I had to keep them under the SS 260 along with 6 BBCCs for ~ 5 weeks

and the light was too close

and the Mg deficiency (now adding ~ 400ppm of Epsom salt)

Then I was giving the sats the whites only under the SS 150s, where they needed more reds

Since compensating by putting the sats under red only for ~ an hour at first light, and at the end of day,

followed by full spectrum for ~ 9 hours, they have started to re-energize, but they are not setting the world on fire

BBCCs look fine, though also stymied from their early weeks in confinement

3/4 BBCCs are showing more of a sat main cola with little side branching, by product of the cross

Thankfully, one has vg side branching

View attachment 292408 View attachment 292409

View attachment 292410 View attachment 292411

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sats

Doing much better

The one on the right is the better of the 2

All new growth no Mg deficiency

Still adding 400ppm Mg + nutes @ ~ 600ppm + HR +Size flower amendment. Will drop it ~ 300ppm next new batch

View attachment 292840

BBCC

Bootylicious, aka The Bifurcated Beauty, is Indica dom (BBCC), whereas the Triplets are BBCC (collective about the same mass as BootyL), but expressing more Sat cola style

View attachment 292841 View attachment 292842 View attachment 292843