What's new

AM I LOOKING AT TMV ?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I wonder if it has something to do with certain genetics in your Grape Romulan that made it catch it like that cuz my buddy's Bubba has it and it touches his Mendo Purps and his Super Silver Haze and neither of them caught it and I have it on my Mendo Purple Master Kush and my Super Granddad and it hasn't spread yet... I will let you all know if it does though, also if it doesn't affect yield why freak out Grey??

G

Greyskull

lets you say someone keyed your car. just barely enough for you to see it.
it still drives... it just has a big old ugly scratch that you can see once in a while...

I HATE THAT SCRATCH.

does that make sense?

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that will teach you to not wear a condom when u go into the grow!!!
practice safe gardening or just stay abstinent.

GreenFunGeye

Had these same symptoms. started with dsd's, then spread to papayas, and now possibly others. a close inspection this morning revealed thrips as a possible vector.
Thanks for these posts. only place i've been able to find so far that shows the exact same symptoms.
Do the mottled leaves drop rather quickly/ easily on your examples?

Funk_247

thats a bad ass lookin leaf.... have never seen one like it

That looks just like a leaf off a big bhudda cheese plant I grew, the seed came up like that, half-green, half-yellow and then just grew, one side of the plant had normal leaves, the other developed half and half.

Didn't seem to bother the plant at all. Looked wicked cool.

blindeye94

i have and am dealing with TMV on an ak-47...heres my experience...and it was my fault...i smoke...big no no while cloning....got my ak mom going cloned her alot...she got big i grew her out...and let a clone take her place..never had a problem..then started seeeing this funky leave deal...one side of the leave was lime green and stunted the other side pretty healthy and green..and grew in a wicked hook...cause the side growing pushed it that way...it can happen on either side...some clones worse others show only one or two leaves...others alot...key i have found is to keep the plant nice and happy... and you will see very little....it is definantly systemic....now whether contageous..i dont know..but i do know i have grow them side by side touching other strains and no affect..white rhino, ICE, and skunk...never seen em show yet...(about 9 months now)...even shared the same clone tray...never has passed...(knocks on head..i mean wood)...greyskull summed it up perfect...it still runs and performs but can be ugly...cannot be cloned out either...i have taken pefectly heathy looking clones only to have it show up later in life....right now i say no harm no foul...but i still wonder about it...after all...it takes pretty leaves for photosynthasis to occur...the hook of a leave to one side or the other...with the half under developed to the inside..is a dead give away...only because i need room for more strains is she gonna disappear from my garden....peace...B.E.

paulobaca

It's kind of weird. I get similar symptoms in veg when my plants get overgrown and too close to the lights.

Im guessing that the heat stress creates symptoms similar to TMV OR heat stress brings out TMV symptoms.

KUSHEATER1

could be the case but keep her healthy and she doesn't show it that much I running a chem4 clone right now that has it but not really showing it she is healthy and thriving will get pics up soon

littlebud

its just to funny easy way out oh. the plant has tmv..plants have and get all kinds of virus if not in proper conditions and some are passed from mother to seed..some effect the plant negative some not at all...keep your rooms clean..make sure your feeding is rite for the plant you are growing everybody seems to screw up the mg..learn the plant and for gods sake enough with the tmv like its some crop killer taking over the cannabis world..we get virus if we are not clean and take care of our selves same with our plants nothing new..i ate some of that tmv shit yesterday it was good stuff! peace

Seneca

I got something here TMV or a genetic leave variegation?

The mother is a B52 with a couple of leaves that did this the 1st & 2nd run, but it was the keeper of 10 seeds/6 females. The plant grows well and doesn't seem effected by the leave issue. The harvest are good, the quality and taste are above average.

So of the original mother I keep 3 clones for a keeper mother. Transfered 2 into the flowering room to make some space. A few of the buds show how variegated this plant is currently in flowering.

B52 after 3 weeks in flowing.

I cloned the remain B52 clone mother and 1/2 of the clones are showing the variegated leaves. These clones are just starting to showing roots and health.

Genetic or Virus??? or both???

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got something here TMV or a genetic leave variegation?

Genetic or Virus??? or both???

The last picture definitely looks like a virus, I've had it on my plant for many years and it looks the same... I have some pictures with virus shots in my albulm or in the other virus thread... "I think I have a virus"

Seneca

Thanks VenturaHwy,

After reading a lot more about TMV, i agree it looks like I have the virus.

It sounds like some have had TMV for years, but I haven't read many reporting it transferring to another strain in a garden. Any real experience (not theory) from others about spreading the virus to other strains???

What did you do VenturaHwy?

I wasn't planning on keeping this stain past the next cycle, but my next round of clones B52 are ready.

G

Greyskull

littlebud you are a wealth of value concerning tmv - thanks for sharing

seneca - in my experience tmv can/will transfer from one plant to another... possibly from recirculating nutes, but i am positive bugs (root aphids, for example) will carry it from one plant to another. if you bring in a plant with the trait, keep your rooms pest free, and you shouldn't see it spread past the already infected. as long as you keep the plants fed properly you are not gonna see anything tragicly/negatively affecting the plants/buds/crops aside from a few leaves showing the leaf curl.

Seneca

Greyskull - Thanks for the info, I've been keeping a close eye on the affected plants. A couple of them are nearly finished and the results are very interesting looking. In the last photos I posted you can see some lime green/yellow leaf bud sites, the rest of bud sites are fairly normal dark green. I'm looking forward to sampling some TMV bud, since the chloroform levels look to be very low in those buds. I'll post some more photos pre-chop.

Latest posts

Latest posts