What's new

AM I LOOKING AT TMV ?

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
sensi seeds jack herer from bean
picture.php

Seneca

Here's a couple of photos of TMV infected buds right before chopping, I pulled them alittle early. A couple of the budsites are completely lime/yellow, while the rest of the plant is fairly normal.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks VenturaHwy,

After reading a lot more about TMV, i agree it looks like I have the virus.

It sounds like some have had TMV for years, but I haven't read many reporting it transferring to another strain in a garden. Any real experience (not theory) from others about spreading the virus to other strains???

What did you do VenturaHwy?

I wasn't planning on keeping this stain past the next cycle, but my next round of clones B52 are ready.

I haven't been here for a few weeks....

The virus spreads to every plant in the garden, it may take a while but eventually every plant gets it. I got the clone back in '84, a few years latter I noticed the weird growth and coloring. It's great smoke so I haven't wanted to get rid of it. Friends of mine used to always know when they were smoking this weed...

The virus doesn't seem to affect the yield but its had it for so long I can't say for sure.

Nice bud shots...

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Check this out... grown from seed.... only 2 weeks old ...lol...

Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

Very interesting. I was wondering if TMV could be transmitted through seeds in cannabis. I have a feeling that selfing a TMV infected plant MAY produce seedlings free of the dissease. Thoughts anyone?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
I just found this tid-bit-
Seed treatment with heat (2 to 4 days at 158o F using dry seed) or trisodium phosphate (10% solution for 15 minutes) has been shown to kill the virus on the outside of the seed and, often, most of the virus inside the seed as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts