What's new

~~Am I Crazy??? Is This A NEW HYDRO METHOD..SIMPLER THAN EBB N FLOW??!PLEASE READ!!!

Tony Danza

Hazy +rep...and yes that hand dipped hydroton is far from my mind lol..now Im thinking other methods...I def dont want to use dwc..because I still find Im too noobish for it..also my temps get high..so the reservoir will be warm..allowing root rot,etc...Id much rather either do an ebb and flow,drip feed coco coir..or just hand watered...

So is there any adverse effect in manually dipping the coco coir pots in a reservoir MANUALLY...can the plants get stressed by all this movement..this is the first time I heard that the pltna cannot be moved..I always though it didnt matter....I see people watering plants outsider their grow room all the time...

So should I just do that..fill a reservoir..then dip sqaure pots with coco in the tub..then drain and plcae in growroom???

That would probably work fine, but once you start to get high times looking donkey dick buds that the plant can barely hold up, you'll cringe every time you bang your nugs into the garden door or whatever. Hand water would work just as well with less headache.

PiffGuru

I once tried a grow where I put ice into a container surrounding the res. about 2-3 times a day... N that consumed my life... I gave up like half way through the grow... You can use tap water.. get yourself a little ppm meter if you dont have one already.. My tap water sits at about 240ppm R/O and distilled water is like 5-10ppm All you need to do is make sure that you take into account that you have that ppm difference when you add nutes

GrowingHigher

Man sometimes icmag does this thing where i can't load the last page or two of a thread, it just reloads the page it is on instead... ever happen to you? It fucks with my head when i have about six tabs open they end up all being the same page of the thread.

Anyway...

You should be aiming to have your plants stationary, so no dipping pots. Moving the water rather than the plants is much easier and less stress for the plants.

I gotta say I disagree that moving your plants around is bad for them. Frequent rearranging can help make the most efficient use of an indoor light source, which outweighs any negatives. Of course this involves increased labor.

Hell... especially in veg I don't hesitate to beat the shit out of my plants; I move them all the time, put a fan blowing on them, literally smack them around some if their stems are weak.

Thigmomorphogenesis... one of my favorite words, referring to the plant response induced by touch or mechanical stimulation that results in more stout, sturdy, compact growth.