What's new

~~Am I Crazy??? Is This A NEW HYDRO METHOD..SIMPLER THAN EBB N FLOW??!PLEASE READ!!!

MobbDeep

This is my tap water analysis..is it good for hydro applications?

Total Coliform Bacteria (c) 0.5%

Total Trihalomethanes (ppb) 30

Haloacetic Acids (ppb) 29

Chloramines (ppm) 2.5

Chlorine (ppm) N/A (proof that some cities stopped using chlorine

Antimony (ppb) ND

Arsenic (ppb) 1.8

Barium (ppm) 0.009

Copper (ppm) (f) (at tap) 0.07

Fluoride (ppm) 0.7

Lead (ppb) (f) (at tap) 2.8,

Nickel (ppb) ND

Nitrate (as N) (ppm) 0.8

Sodium (ppm) 43

W

Weedman Herb

I run Hydro Nutes in ProMix and I hand water/feed ... every other day until the middle of flowering when they start to need moisture daily. If you really wish to hand water I suggest switching back to coco, use a pH buffered peat based medium or a Vermiculite & Perlite mix ... Plan on flushing them before feeding them (to knock out left over salts) and Never apply a nutrient solution to a Dry medium.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
dude my first grow was DWC bubbler buckets...

-4 5 gallon buckets
-net pots
-hydroton
-air pump with tubing
-
-
..oh, you thought there was more? nope, that's it! Add light and nutrients. And yes, i used tap water. The final result was better than anything i had ever bought

Without sounding negative ( or trying to ), the other people are right, why make it harder than it needs to be?

ArcticBlast

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
And yes, i used tap water. The final result was better than anything i had ever bought
If you'd done that where I live it would have been nasty and hazardous. The arsenic levels in the well here is well above toxic levels for humans and causes burning on the leaves of plants that are watered with it.

Glad your tap water was ok. It's a HUGE variable though and just easier to eliminate.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
If you can drink the water, and survive, it is OK to use, after 24-48 hrs airing out.

Your concept can work, but has weak points, all ideas do. Hydroton is not stable, the larger or more mature the plants are, the more difficult this will be. Not gonna work on large plants. If you want manual, set your pots in a tray or tub with a drain, and do a manual feed and let drain, so you do not have to move the plants wet.
H

MobbDeep

Thanks to all the fellow growers whoi replied..my idea got show down..but thats ok..I guess it wasnt the best idea..just a late night toke session..bringing out crazy ideas...lol

I guess Ill consider giving the dwc a try..or jsut stick with coco coir..anybody has a good link for cheaop canna coco 50 liter bags..CHEAPEST???

Sleestak

Why not do a simple drip setup? You can be on da blokkkk all day n nite while your ladies are growin..

And shipping is the biggest cost buyin coco online, need to look around for yourself as it's area-specific to an extent...maybe make a call see if you can cut a deal on cheap shipping.

Anima

YOU HAVE CHLORAMINE IN THE WATER INSTEAD OF CHLORINE.
This is no good for hydro. And chloramine doesn't evaporate off like chlorine.
Thats a big problem that I have not much info on....Definitely ask around about that one.

So no..it's not safe.
And yea I agree with everyone.... you're crazy :crazy: to think you can make it through a cycle hand dunking as much as a pump/timer would in a day. I flood every 4 hours for 15 mins...dude you would kill someone due to going stir crazy and being sleep deprived before you got to flower.

A pump is what $25? a timer can be had for $5....

Peace and kindness
-Anima

*check my ebb/flo tutorial in my sig..maybe it'll give ya some ideas... It is called "Super Simple Ebb and Flo" afterall

MobbDeep

thanks for all the comments guys..but yeah..I guess I wuz a lil crazy..but then again..arent we all...as for the whole "you can be on da BLOKK"comment...I resent that..thats what I put cus its true..but you make it sound like its bad or something to be skeptical about?????..typical I guess...

Either way,as far as the chloramine..I use the fish drops..which removes chlrine cholaramines..and nitrates...

1. I plan on using a 10 gallon dwc bubbler..as its quite small..I plan on fitting around 2-4 plants..is it possible to trim the roots..once they start growing too much and are basically occupying the entire tub??? What adverse effects will this have on the plants..especially if theyr flowering?

Anima

I would definitely not root prune a flowering plant.

The way a plant aspires water = Xylem
they are like little drinkin straws that go all the way up from root hairs to the stomata on the leafs...they rely on being 1 complete straw in order to draw up water.

If you start annihilating these straws the plant actually has to use energy to make new root hairs and new leaves. And it actually needs to use more energy to actively transport nutrients to these cells you just deprived... You would notice dying leaves on the plant probably.

The only time you really want to root prune is with mother plants... and only after pruning away some of the top leaf growth.

toastfighter2

Hey Mobb, I use a 7 gallon under the bed container and do 10 perpetual sog style(one in/one out every week) and the roots don't get all that messed up. I am sure if I vegged them out much more they might get all tangled though. My main tip for you is "test fill" your container with water outside, and bump it around a little bit(trust me, you don't want to try to clean up 10 gallons of water and nutes because you container failed)

MobbDeep

Hey Mobb, I use a 7 gallon under the bed container and do 10 perpetual sog style(one in/one out every week) and the roots don't get all that messed up. I am sure if I vegged them out much more they might get all tangled though. My main tip for you is "test fill" your container with water outside, and bump it around a little bit(trust me, you don't want to try to clean up 10 gallons of water and nutes because you container failed)

please go into detail about your system..strain..light..is it a 7 gallon dwc tubbler..with 10 clones?? more info...do you use tap water..

Im not gonna lie..I dont think Im quite ready for a ful blown dwc..due to high heat..ppm..ph fluatations..etc...

which is why I want the simples method..also..Im not gonna lie..

IVE YET TO UNDERSTAND HOW A EBB AND FLOW WORKS...what pump do I need..etc..

I ofcuorse understand dwc..bubbler buckets..hempy passive hydro..top fed drip feed...etc..Iv jsut yet to learn what is needed for a diy ebb and flow..:joint:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
dude ebb and flow is real simple...pump water into table or bucket, then let it flow out, simple!

ArcticBlast

EDIT i'm almost POSITIVE that there's a thread telling you everything you need from start to finish on just about every method of growing...you're digging yourself a big hole by asking the same questions as everyone else has a 1000 or more times. Just sayin

toastfighter2

Ok, here are the details of my dwc. It is around 7 gallon(give or take a few ounces), with ten slightly smaller than 3" holes cut in the lid. On top of that is has a 12" air stone hooked up to a dual outlet air pump, and because I grow in the basement here, I needed a little extra heat, I dropped a water pump in the tub(it's not hooked to anything, but it moves the water around a lot). For the water, I use tap water(only checked the ph once when I moved it), with some of that fish stuff for aquariums, and GH's 3 part, the mix from the back of the bottle works for me(well, I cut the Gro mix in half, to much nitro is a bad thing)
I add back water everyday, and add one gallon of full strength mix after about half of it was replaced with water. I change it out every 2 weeks, normally when I pull one out and rotate them.
For a light I use a 150watt hps, and 4 125 watt cfls for spot lighting. So far I have been pulling about a half oz to 3/4 a week, and it only looks to be getting better, and one I get back to work, I am going to set up a 250 watt cool tube in there instead of the 150 watt, just to see what happens. Oh yeah, all of this is inside of a 4' by 6' by 22" cabinet, along with my mom's, clones, and stuff vegging for outdoors

rave420

Not to be a dikk..but whats so funny about that..like I said..some people simply dont have the time,patiente for that..I on the other hand wouldnt care..:woohoo: can it be done..any REAL comments..besides the obvios " it will be a time consuming" task comment???:mad:

Sorry man, nobody here means to be a dick.
Of course it's possible to handwater 10 times a day, and i don't doubt that you can do it. But you have to admit, it is not the best method out there.

Sure, if you are home 24/7 for the next 4 months or so, then go ahead, but i am saying that this setup consumes your existance. You will never have more than 2 hours time before you need to be back at the grow room again, and slacking on watering will destroy all your hard work!
I think using this method is effective, but NOT smart.

MobbDeep

thanks rave 420..its wasnt too planned out...and ofcurse..this website is to spread the knowdlege and love that is cannabis growing...

Toast fighter..very interestinhg..

1.Do you do 12/12 from rooted clone?what strain is it..does it develop one main bud?

2.Dont the roots get out oif hand in such a small tub??Im gonna use a 10 gallon..and even thats kinda small..

3.How often do you put a clone in the tubbler? every week?...ill try 2 plan my grow out..so that i harvest around 6-9 ounces dry per 400 hps..every month..