What's new

Alleged Hamilton Marijuana Internet Operation Busted

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
A Hamilton woman accused of filling orders for marijuana seeds from around the country over the internet was formally charged on Wednesday by Steuben County Prosecutors with a pair of Class D felonies. 20-year-old Laura Allece Wass is facing charges of dealing in marijuana over 30 grams on the internet and maintaining a common nuisance. Not guilty pleas were entered on her behalf during Wednesday's initial hearing, bond was set at $10,000 and a pre-trial conference was scheduled for December 4th in front of Magistrate Randy Coffey. According to Steuben County court documents, the investigation involved not only local law enforcement agencies but the U.S. Postal Service and the federal Drug Enforcement Agency as well. The investigation started in early June after Ashley Police had gotten an e-mail from a woman who said her son had stolen money from her safety deposit box to order marijuana seeds from a web site based in Hamilton. Hamilton Police were notified and a department officer set up an undercover e-mail account. It was later determined by authorities that Wass allegedly received mail from all over the country. A search warrant was executed Tuesday morning as Wass and a man living at the residence on Lane 150-H were arrested. Court documents identified the man as Jesse Steven Groth who was wanted on Michigan warrants for federal mail fraud, wire fraud as well as for delivery and manufacturing of marijuana. Court documents also indicate that police found processed and dried marijuana in the home along with scales, indoor marijuana growing equipment and over 100 marijuana plants. It was also mentioned in the case file that numerous marijuana seeds were packaged and ready to be shipped.

I can't believe the guy rob him mom to buy seeds, lil' fuker! Now the brother will have to face the demons!! I mean Damn! 100 plants seems a lot. I wish him good luck, time stiff...

S

stoned teacher

Wow...growing, living in, and having people send money orders to the same house in Indiana....crazy....just a matter of time.

Regardless, best wishes....sad to see anyone go down :(

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
" Ohh it's just a little bird"

" Ohh it's just a little bird"

What so 'Elite Genetics seed Co' is just a 20 year old girl with very little common sense?

B

bagseed77

my guess is elite is the jesse groth dude, and she is his old lady, i mean gf

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This guy was on his toes as it was, seems he has as much sense as his 'old lady' B'77. still as some have said it's always sad.

Yes it is sad,but as stoned teacher said growing,living and running an illegal business from the same location isn't the smartest thing you could do. And the kid stealing from his mother to buy seeds! You have no control over that! And the mother turning them in just goes to show that we have a long way to go before people are willing to accept marijuana. So Sad.

Respect bass

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay Breeders, is there a lesson here?

Okay Breeders, is there a lesson here?

Perhaps, if the seeds Elite was offering were not $160 a pack, and they had only been $50, PERHAPS, just maybe, the mother would not have been as upset at the amount of money stolen by her child....and the entire chain reaction could have been prevented...

Moral of the story...probably not. Interesting perspective....definitely!!

dank.Frank

Nugz

This sucks. Good luck to greens and his girl. Although many disagree with his practices, no one should have to go to jail for this. Very sad.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Perhaps, if the seeds Elite was offering were not $160 a pack, and they had only been $50, PERHAPS, just maybe, the mother would not have been as upset at the amount of money stolen by her child....and the entire chain reaction could have been prevented...

Moral of the story...probably not. Interesting perspective....definitely!!

dank.Frank

with some "if" and "prehaps" anything can happen...I really don't think the price of the seeds have anything to do with this...

whiterabbit9

Veteran
What I think personnally..

First of the 160$ and not 50$ perspective is very funny

but for one, an american seed grower can sell them at whatever price her wants, if the people WANT to pay that price, then it's up to them

don't want it, don't pay it

we could say the same for herb, but whatever, the prices will keep going down as the acceptance will rise

I agree no one deserves to go to jail for weed, and agree that this was a miscalculated stunt

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I agree that the price of his offering has zero to do with the circumstances....it was more so a passing thought. I mean, if the kid only stole $50 to buy some seeds, mom may not have missed it or may have not reacted the way she did...it may have been the sum, not the theft necessarily itself....

It really wasn't intended to be taken as a serious comment, more so as was stated...not the moral of the story, but an interesting thought.....

Meant nothing more by it....and yes, prayers and well wishes his direction. Regardless of who, the situation is terrible and persecution is persecution...prohibition is still prohibition....

dank.Frank

I really want to know where the charge manufacturing of marijuana came from. Is is not a natural substance that was placed on this earth by the same god that we base our legal system on?

This is like saying that a saw mill, corn farm or cotton mill workers and owners should also be charged for similar crimes.

The time has come to vote on what is legal and what is not. With courts telling us what we can and can not do, they are placing all of us in jeopardy of eternal damnation in hell for sins against gods written law. Either we go by the bible and gods laws, or churches must be made illegal. We can not have both mans ways and gods ways to pick and choose from on a whim.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it!