What's new

ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

luciano28

I have 3 little moms I keep producing with. Nirvana Bubblicous, GHS Trainwreck, and Nirvana Papaya. The Bubblicous has preflowers under 24hr light. I still have no problems cloning her or anything but Im just wondering why the Bubb showed sex and the other two havent. Any future problems I might have with the Bubb? she is about 6 months old and it was my last seed in the pack. It is also my favorite weed of the 3 and I wanna keep her around for a long time.

Just wondering if the showing preflowers under 24hr light is a bad thing? I dont why it bothers me, but it does.

I can tell you the Bubblicous clones trigger super fast when I transfer them to the 12/12 room, pretty much instantly.

Guess I am just looking for some re-assurance nothing is wrong with the Bubblicous, is there any reason not to keep her as a "keeper".

corky1968

Veteran
Luciano28,

I have never grown the plants you have. Maybe someone else has.
I'll take a guess and hope that as long as the plants don't go hermi
on you with the 24 hour preflowering thing of the Bubbicous plants
you have. That things are ok. I wonder if there's any Ruderalis in
the plant's genetic makeup. Because, I have read that Ruderalis
does go into flowering under any lighting regime.

Do keep a few copies of it for safety reasons. Do you have a pics
of this mother and maybe a flowering clone? So I and others can
see what you have. I bet it would be a good outdoor plant if it
flowers so fast.

If the plants are making you happy I guess that's all that matters.

luciano28

I actually do have a flowering clone of it almost finished. I also cut one down yesterday and I cut down the original seedplant about a month ago and I am smoking on it now. I do have photos of Bubblicous in my photo albums but that was a different plant/seed than this one.

I will try to get a pic of the mother plant with my wifes cellphone later. It doesnt look too good right now because I took 6 clones last night and trimmed it down and trimmed off most of the roots just like the first post in this thread. But hopefully I can get a good pic of the preflowers, they are swelled and even have trichomes on them even under 24 hour light. I dont know if this makes a difference but the "mom" is actually a clone from the original seedplant.

I was wondering about if it had rudy in it also.

Yep I do love the smoke and it indeed may be a great candidate for outdoor growing. I may throw a few clones in a hole after the solstice and see what happens.

Thanks Corky and I will try to get a photo for you in the next day or so. I lost my card for my digi camera and using a cell phone to take pics has always worried me.

I have yet to see a nanner on the 4 clones and original seedplant I have harvested of this seed.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Such a great idea. A bonsai mother is definitely on my shit to do list. I have various bonsai ficus's (or fici?), juniper, plus a rosemary in the works. Never got around to a bonsai mother. This thread is inspiration.

kcbudz31

This thread is most helpful. for my mom i cloned 1 out in a 6" round pot, put in a 90 degree bend in the main stem to make it parallel to the dirt about 1" above the ground. then when the plant grew out to the edge of the pot I topped once. This gave two main stems which I then trained out in opposite directions in a ring around the top of the pot. Cuts grow up vertically and since it's basically perfectly LST'd they all grow to the same height so production is consistent. clone density is great and i easily pull 8 every 2 weeks. the two tops eventually grew 'past' each other and i kept training them back around, soon each side will have made a full 360 degree loop and i will repot and trim back some.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Awesome work, keep spreading the word folks. I'm still reading threads about 6' mums. :D People shouldn't have to go through that pain.

Stay Safe! :tree:

luciano28

Luciano28,

I have never grown the plants you have. Maybe someone else has.
I'll take a guess and hope that as long as the plants don't go hermi
on you with the 24 hour preflowering thing of the Bubbicous plants
you have. That things are ok. I wonder if there's any Ruderalis in
the plant's genetic makeup. Because, I have read that Ruderalis
does go into flowering under any lighting regime.

Do keep a few copies of it for safety reasons. Do you have a pics
of this mother and maybe a flowering clone? So I and others can
see what you have. I bet it would be a good outdoor plant if it
flowers so fast.

If the plants are making you happy I guess that's all that matters.

Here is a couple photos of the preflowers on the mom

Then here is a clone almost done

The second photo it is the one on the right.

Sorry for the shitty pics.

The more I been thinking about it, I think I know why I am in this predicament, I waited until I knew the sex until I took clones because it was a standard seed and I didnt want to waste RRs and soil for what might of been a male. I wish I took one before the flip now. The GHS trainwreck and nirvana papaya I just started taking clones as soon as I could because I knew I was using fem seed. Im hoping my next batch of Bubblicous clones dont show under 24 hours light but I doubt it, I think it is always gonna be that way(showing preflowers).

thc43

Veteran
simple answer BBB is NO, a clone is genetically identical to the plant it was taken from.

Ive seen no change in form, smell, pace, smoke actually all traits are the same, the strains im using fell in my lap in late 2000. Ive cloned outdoor veging Bigbud plant at the same time as taking clones from a indoor bigbud bonzi mother that couldnt give me the numbers needed.
\
end result all the Bigbud clones flowered together and where identical in every way.

current bigbud and white rhino mums, 3months old or since clone replaced aging mum.

Below same genes + a few others but this pic was taken between 1 and 2 years ago..

:jump:
my growing has improved a heaps over the years but the stone and general traits havnt changed:artist:

simple answer BBB is NO, a clone is genetically identical to the plant it was taken from.

Ive seen no change in form, smell, pace, smoke actually all traits are the same, the strains im using fell in my lap in late 2000. Ive cloned outdoor veging Bigbud plant at the same time as taking clones from a indoor bigbud bonzi mother that couldnt give me the numbers needed.
\
end result all the Bigbud clones flowered together and where identical in every way.

current bigbud and white rhino mums, 3months old or since clone replaced aging mum.

Below same genes + a few others but this pic was taken between 1 and 2 years ago..

:jump:
my growing has improved a heaps over the years but the stone and general traits havnt changed:artist:

Good to hear :). Thanks. +rep

airphat36

Great thread, Thanks to Oldtimer for getting this started back on OG and Guerrilla for bringing it here.

I cant wait to go home and get started on a new Bonsai mom. I have two right now that are pretty bushy but the trunk are too long. They look a bit like lollipops. I almost transfered into five gallon buckets to give the roots more space. Its great to know I can just trim the roots back while I work on my new Bonsai.

sketchy

Guys,

I was wondering a thing...

I have a feminized bubblicious of Nirvana at the end and she is very gorgeous with a heavy smell of candy-bubblegum,and i want try to make a mummy with her so at the harvest(only 2 weeks) I want try to keep the plant with two or three little brenches with flowers and leafs,and obviously all the rest i'll cut and take for my pleasure..

Before i will try to put the rest of the plant in veg again,so under four neon of 18 wat each one,in 18 h period..

A my friend says that the mum will probably be revegetated,BUT all the clone that I will take from her wont be like the mother,because she is a feminised one and so when she will reveggin,she will suffer this changement,and all the clone wont have the same yeld of the mum...

Is this true??

Can some one help me?

thanks

ciau

bonghopper

Anyone got Multi-strain (grafted) Bonsai Mums? I reckon it would be perfect for the cab scrogger who doesn't need many clones at once but likes a few different strains on the go...

Amazingly inspiring thread. No better resource for mums or soil clones. Thanks guerilla

kcbudz31

ive got a strain that i've had alive for about 9 months now through several generations...started out as mexican bagseed (seriously) and ends up flowering out this sticky shit that smells like pixy stix and is ready in about 7 weeks. i had a bonsai mom for about 7 months and all of a sudden she died, like literally over 72 hours went from totally healthy to limp and dead. i suspect she got too rootbound and rotted...i never repotted her out of the 6" i originally stuck the cut in.

i saved ample clones though and have another bonsai mum starting out, doing better and i know what i'm doing a lot better now. one cfl and a 6" pot was giving me 10-12 3" cuts every other week. amazing the first round, doing even better this time.

Latest posts

Latest posts