Ali vs. Tyson

Ali vs. Tyson

• Ali

Votes: 57 65.5%
  • Tyson

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

AbbieDoobie

If you could have both men in their prime, the heavyweight match of the century, Ali vs. Tyson, who would win?

~Abbie :joint:

C

Classyathome

Ali - in 4.

Tyson was a thug - Ali was an artist.

Still the most beautiful fights to watch - ever. Even the ones he lost.

Damn - Norton broke his jaw, and Ali still won the fight.

Ali - Ali - Ali - Ali - Ali - Ali - Ali - Ali

Gonna be one of the biggest funerals ever when he gets called back to Allah.

Everyone knows "The Greatest"...

tenotoge

Dude - Iron Mike @ 1987 would OBLITERATE Ali. He would smash his face into a hundred pieces. :noway:
Ever see some of the stupid shit Tyson has said in youtube? He says something like "I wish y'all had children so I could stop on their fucking testicles so you can know the pain I feel"

ROJO145

Veteran
Classy said it,Ali was an artist...mike was a thug.
I believe somewere they did a computer sim fight and Ali won.

trouble

Veteran
Dude - Iron Mike @ 1987 would OBLITERATE Ali. He would smash his face into a hundred pieces. :noway:

You have to be able to hit something before you can smash it, and Tyson would have had a difficult time hitting a young mobile Ali. Ali would have picked-apart Tyson with his size, reach, skill, and speed advantage.

I'm old enough to remember both Ali & Tyson in their prime, and I would put my money on Ali all day long.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
it would not last that long.

Tyson was like a rotty eyeing s steak salesman with a hell of a lot of power

With all his anger issues, anyone ever test Tyson for roids?

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Ali - in 4.

I was going to say you can't call the time if you don't know the rhyme but, "Tyson hits the floor in four" works well.

Dude - Iron Mike @ 1987 would OBLITERATE Ali."

Ali could go toe to toe with anyone. But, if we're talking of their prime, Tyson couldn't score a point on Ali to save his life. Best Tyson could hope for would be tossing in the towel after throwing his arm out.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Ali would of been way too smart for tyson. No contest Ali with the easy win.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Although it's sad the way Tyson's life has turned out, I would have to say he would have knocked Ali out. For a three year period Tyson was an unstoppable animal.

Tyson was like a Joe Frazier on steroids. Look at the problems Ali had with Frazier, and I don't think Frazier was near the power fighter Tyson was. It's a good thing they didn't do blood tests when Tyson was in his prime. It would have probably scared you to know what he had taken......

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I love classic boxing my buds & myself use to go down to a local TV station on Friday nights back in the early seventies & watch amateur boxing in TO. (Now a big time TV station CityTV ) As to the boxers mentioned Ali would of frustrated Tyson with speed & style the KO boxer Tyson wouldn't have been able to compete, mentally, possible physically as well, Clay taking it into later rounds would be a Mikey no no. Cassius Clay would have whipped his ass. Ali never recovered from the broken jaw.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
1111_large.jpg

i remember this fight. before it i told my schoolmate ali was toast (and i'm a fan) ... foreman was a killer, he wasn't screwed up yet (that came AFTER this fight); i saw what he did to frazier. my bud disagreed ... and he was right. tyson would come out like a maniac, ali would lead him on and dodge him, and tyson would do what he always did when he didn't cream someone early; kiss the mat.

Tyson

he was a fuckin monster when he was good. superfast KO's, very tenacious fighter. Ali is a more of a bob and weave kind of fighter, im not sure he could have kept up.