What's new

ALF and the Fat B*stard AF's..

M

mossy

Morning bpb...
it is good stuff my m8..
trippy..
but then there is ak-47..wr..and the jems..
and they are all high THC's...between 19-22%

can you imagine how scatty I will be when I get on to the buds. :muahaha:

Has anybody grown pure AK-47 out..?

I have a couple of pheno's with a very high tone perfume/taste..
anybody know if this is typical AK..

or want to give me a taste check.. :joint:

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
morning pals
yo mossy the other day i was checking on the seeds you gave me, remeber you suggested to dry them out a bit before the use ..i didnt yet.. i was touching and pressing them a bit to control if they were still ok and most of them cracked very easy.. im scared they could be gone.. i was checking the whore's and they were soft :(
ill give the AF ones a try but i have the feeling that the ones from that period were ruined by humidity..
probably my bad :redface:

Last edited:
M

mossy

Check your mails my m8.

How's the harvest going..it looked damn good for a Spring cheat.
Nicely fattened and tric-d.

Tried any yet.. :joint:

Howzaaaatt..
I have taken a small girl out of each of the mixed pots.
Used a small one coz the roots are smaller..less transplant damage.

(So I have the WR ibl..AK x JEM and AK x WR...in isolation pots...just incase I see a killer cross.)

I have ALF#3 just germed.

and I have put WR x JEM in to germ.

I have the cross done both ways.
JEM fem to WR male..and Jem male to WR fem.
I am growing them together to see if I get any discernable difference in the two progeny.
I will use which ever I think is the best.
Hoping for a Purple Russian straight in @ F1..fingers crossed eh..!

Last edited:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
ive never grown a pure ak but the cross with a fruity variety smelled like skunky funk. i can really give you an accurate decription since it was a hybrid.

bpb i know everyone suggest cakes for first grows, but its just seems to low of yield for me. im diving head first into a bulk garden, basically take about 2 quarts of fully colonized mycilium and mixing it up throughly with about 1 or 1 1/2 gallons of dung and straw in one rubbermaid tub, but i plan on running 2 or 3 tubs :headbange can you say weight?

mossy you should search the grow forums for ak47, read their description's on smell taste ect... or you could look around breeder websites.

bpb

i see what you mean smoke thats what i was talking about with making caseing but i used to use 10 jars of mycelium and then would fill a 16 gal tub with 2 bags of pre moistend vermiculite all sterilized mix in the cakes when they are done 1 huge caseing and they will produce monsters and alot of them i got on average 1/2 to 3/4 a lb each flush but good luck with the dong

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
i was going to use verm as a top casing layer after it was fully colonised, where did you go to get your verm at? i looked around walmart for perlite and verm couldnt find either one.... maybe home depot or lowes?

the reason im using crap and straw because its full of nutrients to get numerous flushes. the flushes quit coming when they eat all the nutes available.

but yeah instead of using a bunch of small A foil casing in a fruiting chamber im just going to make the bottom of the fruiting chamber a big casing.

im ready for my hawiian syringes to get here.

M

mossy

Bloody hell lads..that sounds complicated... :eek:

but then..the first canna grow book I read would have scared a professor..
it almost put me off for life... :biglaugh:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
moss you'd be surprised at how similar mushrooms are to your hobby, theirs different mushrooms strains to buy, you can clone them and you can make hybrids. but its a little more involved than pollenating a branch.

im not planning on diving in to any of that at all honestly. i just wanna grow them.... ohh and another cool thing about shrooms is when you buy spores (seeds) you get a couple million! but they are microscopic.

Last edited:
M

mossy

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1315570,00.html

Morning smOke.. :wave:

I have grown mushrooms before...just ordinary ones..but I was crap at it..
I suppose it is just learning different disciplines.

If anything round here..I should consider the poyotes..but I am crap at growing cactus too.. :muahaha:

Although... :chin:

Me asparagus is coming on a treat..don't you think... :smoke:

Last edited:

bpb

lol looking great mossy
thats one heck of an asparagus

smoke i get mine at a local shop or you can try menards thats where i get it in the summer

WAMEN

Veteran
happy mothers dayyyah
feeling great today... having a good time at a friends in his frontyard with some freshly harvested TAS.. not bad even if the plant was damaged.. same as the purple conjunction which is a true keeper (im trying to reveg her) and some PPHaze from my mate Mr.A.. yea tasty sessions..
i still have the bubbledust bomb , purple bastard , 2cascadia mix and asome low branches of tas still growing .. im flushing them and its matter of days..

ive got a couple of PPHaze and Derailed blues vegging plus 4 Nebula/LSD/SweetTooth x erd/purt sexed and well formed for the outdoor..
oh yeah and 1 Cripplecreek x sputnik#1 vegging too..
mossy your new WR - AK - Jem crosses line is killing me :yummy:

SmokA nice to see you around brother! how you been

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
ive been good man, not too much going on over here but it sounds like you got some good smoke around, ive got to go drop 75 dollars on a damn car battery (sucks) oh and i have to bring my mom by a fat bottle of wine :headbange

M

mossy

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/05/11/giant-veg-from-outer-space-98487-20413648/

EVERYBODY..you HAVE to read this..and think what it could do for our beloved girls. :eek:

Mr C..if you have a theory on the genetic mutations mentioned..
brain-storm me.. :D

WAMEN..I thought for a minute you had some "Psychic" bud..
when you mentioned the WR-AK-JEM crosses..
I though you had figured why I had isolated one each of the new hybrids out.

WR X AK X JEM IS the next cross.

Good to hear that harvest is keeping you happy m8..
should be some spectacular buds in that lot.
Tell me now what you think of Spring bud eh.. :joint:

BTW..do you find a difference in the taste/effect of spring bud..?
Growing off-season quite regular..I seem to find spring bud smaller..but stronger..
but I am not sure if it is just me.. :redface:

Really odd seeing WAMEN and smOke having Mothersday..it is March in the UK.
Have a good day with them guys..

bpb

good morning guys

mossy wow could you imagine a 14 lb bud lol
or a 14 lb jem dang that would be sweet i bet one of these grows you will have your mind set on it

good luck all

WAMEN

Veteran
Crazy thing that space seeds stuff ... woah
hehe seems like i had some weird unconcious prediction about that 3way AF cross you have in mind :yes:
i dont know if you know it but this spring harvest was made indoors .. if you remember i gave up planting this round of seedlings and they went indoors to flower.. so of course i feel a difference from the OD bud of the autumn harvest..

bpb

cant waite to see how your outdoors does this year wamen this is gonna be a nice fall i can feel it

you got some great strains to work with and your past outdoors have been great i think mosts have from people in this thread

M

mossy

Damn WAMEN I forgot you had them indoor.

What I am wondering... :chin:

IMO..spring bud is stronger/tastier gram per gram than Autumn bud.
Bud that is grown in Cold conditions.

Tomatoes are the same..the ones grown in the cold are smaller..but a lot tastier.
Now does this means that there is something beneficial to canna in a cold snap..like brussel sprouts taste better after they have been frosted..
(Afghan mountains have high day temps..but bloody cold to frost nights)

or..
does the plant..from seed have an exact blue-print which says how much strength/flavour it contains..or can produce..
so it concentrates that Specific amount into a smaller frame..so the buds you get are smaller but stronger.

Bit deep for a Monday morning..but I am sure someone will have an opinion.

The other thing... :smoke:

Remember I had the little AF Blue Mystic and the Bubbleicious out-crosses last season...?
(both crossed to my Mazar ibl)

Well..on the Bubbleicious x Maz F1 germ test..I got 3 out of four.
Two were NON-AF..(1male 1 female)1 was AF.

I think that I have missed the AF-er..she is too far over..BUT..

I have the NON-AF on the patio..
she has sat outside on the patio through all the crap we have had..and she is now a little Pink.. :eek:* perfection.

so I am going to hit her with one of the 100% AF males.
Question is which one should it be?

Instinct says the pure WR... :chin:

but I have WR X AK..(too ak dom?)
and JEM x WR there too...(would make her too Maz dom?)
(she already has 50% Bubble 50% Maz @f1)

Opinions..
The Bubble on the left..the maz on the right.
Last year.
Base cross.

and current @ F1..but NON-AF
Pink perfection.

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I tell you what mossy,the MJ and Rasputin have got some of the largest cotyldons(seedling leafs) i've come across in all the years i've been growing and the rasputin seedlings are already producing trichomes.....

Last edited:
M

mossy

marijuanamat..
they are square.

Measure the width of the top leaves..tip to tip.
It will be the same measure as her height.

It makes them look top heavy..

Fat-headed and square..just like the breeder.. :D

I definitely agree with DJ Short when he says that cannabis resembles the breeder.
The man was on to something.. :headbange

You seeing any sex yet..?
They were looking gloriously ready.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Here's a quick pic of a male after 30 day's from germination.
Yep your right there 13" tall and 11" wide from tip to tip.