What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter over “Rust” death

Ca++

OMG, they tried her again, and got a guilty. Best of three?
No word on her punishment yet?
I think Baldwin must be getting the same, now the stage is set.

Firing squad? :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so why are so many (nearly ALL) tax breaks aimed solely for the well-off ? odd, you never hear about POOR people hiding their money in shady tax dodge schemes, overseas banks, secret accounts, crooked investments, or non-existent $48 million dollar fake loans to write off. i wonder why that is ? :unsure: :rolleyes:
Im gonna go out on a limb and say thats because they are so busy being poor and not having any money to do that with…..im sure if they had a sudden found fortune and someone said “hey i know how you can get a tax break on that” they would take it.

Ca++

We have tax free accounts shoved down our throats all the time. Usually for a few grand, or regular savers. Stuff for the average man. While larger amounts can be kept offshore, in places like Jersey, who really exist for no other purpose. Or just go Swiss, where they don't even ask your name. But money not working, just looses value. Inflation eats savings, faster than any nice interest rate can keep up.

It's not in your interest to have the money of the rich, working offshore. If it takes a tax break to get that money back in your economy, then that's what you have to do. Investment within your boarders, not mine, is what you want.

The money that can't be hidden, is what you can collect full rate taxes from. Or the money of people who can't be bothered to learn the ways. Only good tax breaks will attract the money that can actually be moved away.

xtsho

The maximum sentence was appropriate. She's 25 years old and will still have 50 years or more of life left. That's longer than the age of the victim.

Now Baldwin needs to get put behind bars. He's a horrible person. His only concern has been himself and nothing more. He sickens me. He knew better than to run a movie set the way he did but he didn't care. His arrogance is partially to blame for the death of that women.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
The maximum sentence was appropriate. She's 25 years old and will still have 50 years or more of life left. That's longer than the age of the victim.

Now Baldwin needs to get put behind bars. He's a horrible person. His only concern has been himself and nothing more. He sickens me. He knew better than to run a movie set the way he did but he didn't care. His arrogance is partially to blame for the death of that women.
ahhhh yess... but baldy has $$$$$... never under estimate that...

Captain Red Eye

Even if guns were 100% banned this incident would still have happened. This accident has nothing to do with firearm regulation. Mass shootings happen because of the mental stability of people and easy access to buying firearms.

All other crimes where guns are used will never be fixed in this country.

I agree, mass shootings are usually a result of mental instability. In many cases it's the mental instability of both the shooters and the people that cheer them on.

The biggest mass shootings / murders are those committed by militaries.

Democide (death by government) is sometimes overlooked or not seen as the same level of evil as when a free-lance criminal murders people. That is an oddly curious thing, but most people are trained to accept military murders as some form of "protection" or somehow not murder. It's been normalized, but not in a good way.

Some people even "thank (murderers) for their service" which is bizarre given many of the circumstances that soldiers killings occur under.

As far as Alec Baldwin goes, I think he's a pompous ass, but I don't think he intentionally murdered anyone. I think he stupidly but accidently killed somebody. He deserves to be punished for that, since he can't bring the dead person back. Maybe he should have to suck Trump's dick in public or something? :devilish:

xtsho

I agree, mass shootings are usually a result of mental instability. In many cases it's the mental instability of both the shooters and the people that cheer them on.

Democide (death by government) is sometimes overlooked or not seen as the same level of evil as when a free-lance criminal murders people. That is an oddly curious thing, but most people are trained to accept military murders as some form of "protection" or somehow not murder. It's been normalized, but not in a good way.

Some people even "thank (murderers) for their service" which is bizarre given many of the circumstances that soldiers killings occur under.

As far as Alec Baldwin goes, I think he's a pompous ass, but I don't think he intentionally murdered anyone. I think he stupidly but accidently killed somebody. He deserves to be punished for that, since he can't bring the dead person back. Maybe he should have to suck Trump's dick in public or something? :devilish:

Sucking trumps dick is worse than the death penalty.

Ca++

So baldy can only get 18 months then? It's the same charge against him.
I think he will, though it's clear he just has to take some responsibility to get off with less.

Non of this really adds up to the life lost.

In the UK 'accidental death' is a bit like this involuntary manslaughter. Where someone dies, because of you doing something stupid, that leads to it. However, where not doing that stupid thing, is actually your job, then it's manslaughter. 15 years.
As an example, a handyman could fit a cooker, and the owner dies. It's an accident. However, if an electrician does the same thing, it's manslaughter.
On set, any fool could of been behind this happening, but they weren't. This was her actual job. She is employed to take responsibility. Qualified to that end. She knew enough about what not to do, to not be able to hide from it as an accident.
This charge isn't fit for the crime. She should forget an appeal.

Ca++

Sometimes it's better to not get what you asked for.

This is probably the wrong thread to be derailing with politics

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Not for nothing..."military murders" haven't been "normalized"...they've been accepted since the dawn of man. You can't normalize something thats "the norm".
I'm not judging whether that is right or not, just pointing it out.

Captain Red Eye

Not for nothing..."military murders" haven't been "normalized"...they've been accepted since the dawn of man. You can't normalize something thats "the norm".
I'm not judging whether that is right or not, just pointing it out.

Yes, I agree with your point. It's part of my point, sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could have been.

Throughout history military murders have occurred and people generally accepted them as the way it is. A normal, regular and routine thing. Somehow exempt from the same concerns most people would have if the guy across the street just murdered his wife or shot up a school.

My commentary was meant to convey the idea that people shouldn't accept or even cheer for one kind of murder, while maligning another kind. That's what happens today, and as you point out thru history, it's "normal", but it's fucked up.

To "normalize murder in one instance, (democide) while decrying it in another, is normal in terms of it occurs regularly, but it is an irrational instilled unthinking response having no basis in logic.

People who claim to be concerned about "gun violence" are often the same people who want to support wars, which is holding two opposing views at once. That kind of thought process, is what I say has been "normalized", when in reality it's irrational.

Captain Red Eye

Id rather have an old sleepy man than a deranged psycho in charge. No one can refute he wants the constitution burned.

I'd rather have you in charge of your own life and me in charge of mine, etc.

What's hard to refute is neither Biden or Trump are strict Constitutionalists, they pretend to be when convenient.

Trump wanted to "take guns first, due process second" and Biden is not exactly "protecting USA borders", but seems to be all about protecting Ukraine's borders. Almost like somebody has dirt on him? I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on either one if they were on fire.

I would piss on Alec Baldwin though, just to get a rise out of him, he might even like it.

shithawk420

Veteran
I'd rather have you in charge of your own life and me in charge of mine, etc.

What's hard to refute is neither Biden or Trump are strict Constitutionalists, they pretend to be when convenient.

Trump wanted to "take guns first, due process second" and Biden is not exactly "protecting USA borders", but seems to be all about protecting Ukraine's borders. Almost like somebody has dirt on him? I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on either one if they were on fire.

I would piss on Alec Baldwin though, just to get a rise out of him, he might even like it.
Only thing Baldwin did that was good was BeetleJuice. Theres supposed to be a movie coming out. Is Baldwin in that one? everyone else is in it i think.Love BeetleJuice when i was a kid. But hes a shitty actor. Liberal bitch ass sellout fag.hope he does a little time.probably wont though

Latest posts

Latest posts