What's new

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

LostTribe

Premium user
He's not stealing pics of this one.

full

Jcue81

I’ve tested for HLVD root and petiole via Tumi genetics and it came back clean. This was after holding it for over a year. Others have tested her through Tumi and she was clean on their tests too.

I don’t know what Sour Diesel means to you so I cannot confirm if this is what you’re looking for. This is the same plant I used to see in the 2002-2009 timeframe in CT. I haven’t gotten the flavor as strong as I recall, but it’s unmistakably “IT” to me.

I have seen some pretty pitiful grows of this Albany cut and then seen people toss the plant and be like “this isn’t the sour I remember!” 😂

900B3BC7-9121-4802-976A-E034E2F454F0.jpeg

It’s not an easy plant to grow well and requires patience to get right. I still haven’t nailed it, but I’m getting closer each run and I’m convinced it’s the old sour we used to see in New England.

Also, I’ve hung out and burned with Cloney and he’s as legit as they come in my mind. Definetly not a scammer. I can’t say with certainty all his cuts will test clean, but the sour I got from him doesn’t carry HLVD.

iriveru

I’ve tested for HLVD root and petiole via Tumi genetics and it came back clean. This was after holding it for over a year. Others have tested her through Tumi and she was clean on their tests too.

I don’t know what Sour Diesel means to you so I cannot confirm if this is what you’re looking for. This is the same plant I used to see in the 2002-2009 timeframe in CT. I haven’t gotten the flavor as strong as I recall, but it’s unmistakably “IT” to me.

I have seen some pretty pitiful grows of this Albany cut and then seen people toss the plant and be like “this isn’t the sour I remember!” 😂

View attachment 18909855
It’s not an easy plant to grow well and requires patience to get right. I still haven’t nailed it, but I’m getting closer each run and I’m convinced it’s the old sour we used to see in New England.

Also, I’ve hung out and burned with Cloney and he’s as legit as they come in my mind. Definetly not a scammer. I can’t say with certainty all his cuts will test clean, but the sour I got from him doesn’t carry HLVD.
This picture looks quite on point from what I remember. I’m from the Albany area, the sour I remember? The kind where an eighth would have your entire house stinking. I’ve been having some talks with Cloney and he’s given me so much info I’m going to pull the trigger. Based on his description it seems to be exactly what I’m looking for and I’m willing to burn the $200 to see. Appreciate your insight

iriveru

View attachment 18909855

This looks fantastic, what media/nutes are you running for this? Cloney advised me not to use my traditional organic setup and that this cut specifically does best with salt-based nutrients. I'm interested to know what you've been using with it (if you don't mind sharing, of course)

Jcue81

This looks fantastic, what media/nutes are you running for this? Cloney advised me not to use my traditional organic setup and that this cut specifically does best with salt-based nutrients. I'm interested to know what you've been using with it (if you don't mind sharing, of course)
Pro mix with Masterblend and I like the Signal TPS. Cloney actually turned me onto that for sour.

BigDoob

This looks like the weasel cut I posted in ECSD thread. There's a different Albany that I posted there too. I've had the following sours so I am eager to compare:

Currently growing:
ECSD Amherst = zero stretch lemon candy sour very frosty good high
ECSD Chaco = alleged "original" I haven't run yet and also came to me very susceptible to powdery mildew
AJ sour diesel = from tissue culture looks healthy haven't run yet
Heirloom TC Sour = haven't run yet, throws 1 and 3 leaves, very very viney in veg
Weasel Diesel = posted one pic, lacks the same sharp nose as the Albany I posted, maybe this is the one folks call stinky feet and likely could have run it longer but her pistils were done and peach

Previously run:
ECSD Skunktek = ran her and was similar to weasel cut imo but I got it from @CookieChris via farmer joe
ECSD Rez = looked similar to Chaco in veg but didn't run it out
AJ sour = bens nursery looked similar to Chaco but didn't run it out due to susceptibility to PM

Dropped pure regalia on the stems of all the cuts as an experiment and they didn't die. The one cut, chaco, that didn't receive that treatment sprouted PM while just sitting in the living room quarantine.

iriveru

Update. Vessel told me that the Albany I have is The Original Sour Diesel The Real One. The weasel 1996 NYC sour aka cloney sopranos Albany might be the daywrecker or a seed pop.
you would be BigDoobGenetics, correct? i was going to buy a cut from Hash Nerd that he says came from you but got no response for several days and ended up buying soprano's. If this is true i may need to purchase from you if you ship

BigDoob

you would be BigDoobGenetics, correct? i was going to buy a cut from Hash Nerd that he says came from you but got no response for several days and ended up buying soprano's. If this is true i may need to purchase from you if you ship
That's me, I do make sure they get where they are going domestically

iriveru

Sour Diesel flower formerly known as Albany SD
Damn doob, that definitely looks like the real deal. the color on the stigma is a heavy indicator for me, definitely getting some flashbacks. The cut i purchased was shipped from the same town in NY i grew up in so it may be the Sour Diesel i remember, but I'm interested in purchasing from you. What's the preferred method/platform for purchase? i left a comment on your IG but the post seems to be removed now

BigDoob

Damn doob, that definitely looks like the real deal. the color on the stigma is a heavy indicator for me, definitely getting some flashbacks. The cut i purchased was shipped from the same town in NY i grew up in so it may be the Sour Diesel i remember, but I'm interested in purchasing from you. What's the preferred method/platform for purchase? i left a comment on your IG but the post seems to be removed now
I don't sell flower but DM me on IG so we can chat about genetic consultation

Latest posts

Latest posts