What's new

Alarming Whole-Neighborhood Raid in Santa Rosa, CA

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... and notice the timing was just perfect for maximun emotional impact - right before harvest. :plant grow:

No need to wonder why so many folks hate cops.

BudMuncher1

I hope they were all legal grows and they start a lawsuit. Gotta be a lawyer that would take that case. But if they were illegal aliens with cartel connections.........

That picture is pretty disturbing. I wonder if they are going to do this in white neighborhoods too. Right before harvest? Crazy.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Typical, yes. Disturbing, yes. Shocking, NO!

if this is not shocking to you, then you are totally brainwashed. this is not how things are done in a free country. these are police state tactics nothing less.

the police chief in that area who let the feds in needs to be replaced and all the legal grows need to start a massive lawsuit against those fascist pigs. but to be honest i think this is what the medical community has to look forward to in the next years. just like the dispensaries, people have made it easy for the law due to thinking they are legal.

we went through a cycle like that too where i am. there was a phase when cannabis was being sold in shops and the industry was run by honest locals, superb genetics where widely available in grow shops. but the gov closed it all down. now you have big crime gangs doing the big grows again with the shitiest fastest genetics, using poison and ferts to the limit. forget buying clones now days let alone bud in shops. they have clamped down and forced everything back underground again. i just hope that doesn't happen in the US.

G

Guest 315072

just funny kuz u know they been planing it this way.. after a couple years of getting mad immature plants.. and stuff not in full budding.. they wait till its ready to harvest.. go in cut it down.. and burn it.. instead of just letting it go.. and take care of out SWAG problem with the mexican cartel.. or maybe out coke problem. or heroin problem.. but really weed? u need to spend thousands of dollars.. and come in SWAT style to take WEED? hahaha they all look like a bunch of fucking pussys its funny.. they go after people that arent as dangerous.. cuz there pussys.. grow some balls and take out the real Criminals

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
if this is not shocking to you, then you are totally brainwashed. this is not how things are done in a free country. these are police state tactics nothing less.
I believe the not being shocked part was in direct reference to our current police state.... they're fully aware and not shocked.

Yes, we live in a police state with no rights. People will wake up to this... right about the time they're disembarking from their free train ride. *sigh*

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

S

SeaMaiden

I will be very surprised if a mostly white neighborhood is hit in this way. I hope to HELL the ACLU is all over this like... like... well, like white on rice. In fact, I think a donation is in order, because I trust the ACLU more than I do NORML or ASA right this very moment.
it's always on in cali if you are a brown man.......

^^^ This.

I am stunned. I think this is a response to the legislation recently passed over the past couple of years that prevents the vehicle stops that have led to so many arrests based only on appearance. Now we don't have to worry so much about being caught driving while brown, but if you can't get rid of your brown skin, they'll still find you.

Mother fuck.

Blue Socks

Don't forget that some people in the neighborhood were snitching. I know because we come on IC and are around other like minded people who support cannabis it seems like everyone is cool with it, but honestly there are still many many Americans out there that have a big problem with weed and to just always say it's the government that hates our freedom is very shortsighted imo. There's still way too many ignorant people who think they are doing the right thing by informing on their fellow citizens over something like this. The 75 years of propaganda that was foisted on our country is not easily overcome, especially when they start talking about "protecting the children" and shit like that. The fight to educate people about the benefits of cannabis is far from over, I mean this was in Cali where it's quasi legal, imagine in the states like Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah etc, those people are sucking down the brainwashing like it's nobodies business and they would have it no other way honestly. It gives them a sense of superiority to say "well at least I'm not like THOSE PEOPLE". We need to be focusing on not only trying to change the laws in the government but also changing the perception of cannabis among the general population. We have to get people to change their perceptions of who smokes and what their position in society is. The "stupid stoner" stereotype, the gangster drug dealer stereotype, the lazy hippie stereotype have got to go, that's the only way the non smoking good goodies will ever get it in their heads that cannabis is a useful and good thing for our country and not a harmful detriment like they currently think now. Just my $.02

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
All but 3 of the houses had grows in the back yard. Of 40 or so on the streets. My guess is the 3 with out grows are not going to snitch.

There were no snitches ONLY illegal actions by the boys in BLUE.

Nothing new, and nothing honorable among the swine in BLUE.

:joint:

S

SeaMaiden

BS (by that I mean to refer to you as Blue Socks), I agree. Look at what's happening right now in Nevada County. The compliance checks the police are making right this very moment are complaint-driven ONLY, they're not just going out randomly and making these checks. That means that there are indeed people snitching on each other.

I already know how some folks feel about cannabis where I live, based on what happened and how things shook out in our county with the zoning ordinance enacted earlier this year. There weren't many who came out against OD cultivation, but those who did were rather vehement. And one man in particular had gotten a LOT of his 'information' from the internet, from sites just like ICMag. He'd also interviewed co-workers and presented their thoughts as information. What was so maddening about that, what IS so maddening (are you reading, sirs?) is that the 'powers that be' so blatantly picked and chose what 'information' they would accept as real and true, and then proceeded to claim to be representing a majority of citizens, even though the pro-cannabis contingent was not only consistently represented, but much larger.

Are you still reading, gentlemen?

Blue Socks

Yeah the snitching is the real problem. And it's all out of a sense of self righteousness, that's the frustrating part. It's like back in the days of slavery when slaves would tell on one another so they could get better scraps from massa. It doesn't do any good for a single one of them but they are too short sighted to see that what they are doing is in fact detrimental to everyone there. Well with the cannabis all they are doing is giving the law more and more power to take away their own liberties and for now it's the weed people being persecuted but one day it may be something they are doing that will cause their doors to get kicked in. Gotta wake up these people they are not being patriotic they are actually enabling fascism.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Betcha this was one GREEAAAT smelling neighborhood!!:biggrin:
bilde

northstate

ICMag Donor
FTP it sucks the goon squad is after the livelihood of people and trampling what's left of our rights as they uproot beautiful plants. Douche bag pigs pick on factions of people to make up for not having a regular size package and low self esteem. Oh and can that young looking trainee take fire while running and that helmet falling in her face? Grrrrr. Don't like it.NS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
even if they were snitched on they are supposed to check if the grow is legal or not before they steal all the plants. it's the pigs themselves who are chopping down indiscriminately, ignoring state laws that protect those grows.

irobot sd

"O'Leary, the sheriff's lieutenant, said the show of force by authorities and their tactics were deliberate, selected in part because there is a heavy gang presence and lots of children in the neighborhood."

"Mejia, who wasn't being detained like many of her neighbors, said officers had indicated they weren't going to arrest her. She had paperwork to grow medical marijuana and said her garden was legal, with 30 plants, as is locally allowed. But Mejia, who held a receipt issued by officers, was upset her garden still was yanked."

"Some residents disagreed with the depiction of their neighborhood as a gang stronghold, or authorities' assertion that gangs were involved in the gardens. Many of the backyard growers were low-income residents who smoke some pot for medical needs and sell the rest to make ends meet, they said."

"The bright-green plants peeked over the tops of fences, easily visible from the sidewalk. It was all so obvious, several residents said, that they knew authorities would eventually show up."

“It was going to happen sooner or later,” said one resident, identifying herself only as Anna."

Blue Socks

The cops doing the chopping are for sure to blame but they are just doing what they are told to do like the mindless robots that they are. I wasn't saying we should forget that the cops are responsible for the raids just saying that "it takes two to tango" so to speak. If the police had any integrity whatsoever they would see what they are doing is so fucked up and wrong but most of them are fascists who love to power trip on "ordinary" people. And of course you can't take race out of the equation as seamaiden and chunkypigs already said. This kind of shit never happens in higher income predominately white areas, or even lower income predominately white areas, it's always in places where there's "gang activity" ala minorities living there that we see this. Let us all work to end this madness in whatever way we can that's what we should be learning and doing when we see these stories