What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ak 47 smoke report

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
hey guys-good discussion on AK

Smarmy-sounds like you got the 'cherry' pheno-thats a killer. As well as smelling and tasting like cherries sometimes the trichs get a red/purple colour-don't know if it is temp related but it looks v cool in macro

i've been to an AK grow recently that was about 7 weeks 12/12 and the plants/budz looked quite like Satyr's above-they were from seeds purchased last year (Serious).
One thing....i think Serious' AK47 must have changed in recent years-it is advertised as a Sat dom strain but , from the examples that i have seen grown from seed in this time, i'm finding that hard to believe. I'm not knocking Serious Seeds-they are one of the most reliable seed Co's-but the plants look like heavy indicas-short, broad leaved and high yielding. And the hit seems v stoney.

spicecowboy

AK 47

AK 47

Nice to read all those different views on the AK.

Unfortunately I didn´t have the opportunity to grow or smoke some so far.

You are right Eddie Shoestring: The AK 47 changed during the years.

As Simon, the man standing behind Serious Seeds claims, it was selected for the more stockier Afghani phenos over the years, and now can be advertised as an "Indica".

It even made the 2nd place in the Indica category of the 2003 High Times Cannabis Cup, so he allready entered it as an Indica back then.

spice

Last edited:
Well after trimming and a full dry. The buds did seem to shape up a little. No stink but a nice smell.Not cherries. not skunky, mabey musty with light citris. the frostiest smells the best but may be the lightest of the phenos. They also stayed nice and bright green. Stone is still up there and the yield though a little airy was respectable. .56 watt. seems to be what I average with any good strain anyway.Lolipopin them this go to see if it hardens them up.
Good times

Last edited:

og dmc

I think AK is a great strain. I do think that they have been yinkering with the genetics a bit though. It isnt what it used to be. I used to have a pheno that was white with crystals but that was years ago and I hvent found one like it since. Good smoke for the yield though, easy as hell to grow also.

The one you have looks like the piney tasting pheno.

Last edited:

niggenz

heh, i am tossing my moms then! (10inch high after 4 days of veg from clone obtained from Oakland canna club.

Last edited:
Not sure what tossing them means

Not sure what tossing them means

But, I wouldnt throw them away. The ak I see at the clubs is very similar to Satyrs. My 2nd round is looking good. Good stretch, Try flipping them at 12 inches. Mine were flipped at 16" ans some are over two feet now 4 weeks in.

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High surf! Thanks for the report. Though, this is one of the few that ive read where it was not all positive. Ive never grown her out myself, but every time I shop for seeds I always give her a look. Glad to hear that she was stoney, I get mixed reports on that and that is what Im looking for. Maybe there was areason they crossed it with WW, to give it more bag appeal. I can never decide which to get AK or White Russian, cant afford both so I usally get neither...lol.
Peace and thanks for sharin', bugout

DRorganic

Veteran
i got me ak47 and bubblegum just this week .i love aqk its the skunk#1 of the futer.i plan on doing some crosses with both ak and bubblegum with some c99.some c99 that i have now and with rez c99 when he realeases it to put that sativa back in ak47 .making it a ak99 of steller plants.

C

Cracky

AK-47 Serious Seeds

AK-47 Serious Seeds

Photos are of Day 50-56. The pistils are very fresh yet the trics are going amber 10% - 30% already. I will harvest soon and report.

okwildfire

lordbudly said:
simon changed the ak47 recipe not to long ago
that's true..but he didnt change it that much though..i mean, ya still have a pretty good chance to get the cheerie ak....she's in my line up for the grow after next...i cant wait..she's nice.

Schlossi

A-K 47

A-K 47

A to the mutha phunking K homeboy!
whats the 47 cause it sure aint the days in flower.
Formula must have changed cause it was known as fairly mediocre strain of average tasting smoking bud.
Bit of publicity and now its the new "skunk #1" what the ....?

Last edited:

Schlossi

Hey they Are nice pics. dont mean to be a bastard here but i read this by a well respected massive outdoor growr maybe it was the ak48 he was blasting as nothing special. I suppose its the same as those who dump on C99 and yet most of us know its the fast sativa up high Bomb.
waiting to exhale.

Last edited:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Last grow of AK-47 I did, I found one girl that was a far better stone than the rest and kept her for a couple years. Lost her during a heat wave a year ago.

I recently got a fresh pack in hopes of finding the elusive "Cherry" pheno.

I also got a pack of White Russian.

Lower temps and as I remember about 75 days - maybe 85-ish were huge factors in quality of the final product.

And - Growin pot is like a box of chocolets - ya never know what your goina get.....

AND,,, Ya gotta kiss a lot of toads to find Prince Charming

I've heard that the 47 in Ak-47 was suppose to be the flower time of the "quick" pheno, but that quick pheno seems even more rare than the cherry pheno.

Others say the Ak-47 is akin to the russian assalt rifle - and is a "One hit wonder" - I'd say - - Lightweights are well advised to stop after 1 good rip.

Me? not so much.

Still - not a bad hobby when ya can smoke the misteakes

Last edited:
C

Cracky

Grow and Smoke Report AK-47

Grow and Smoke Report AK-47

I'm back...harvested AK47 and Neville's Haze a bit early (12/7) as I went to DR for vacation. Now they are properly curing and I've started smoking 'em.

Photos on Day 56
59230100_2969.JPG

59230100_2967.JPG

AK-47 Serious Seeds
63 Days Indoor Organic Soil
Not much stink in growing or drying.
9 0z total from one plant and two of it's clones taken early in flower from the bottom branches.

Smoke Report

Mild, sweet smell. 6/10
Bag appeal 6/10
Mild flavor. 6/10
Good high, long lasting 7/10

Remarks; Not up to the hype. I know that there is better AK-47 being grown locally here that are very well liked ($$$). I'd love to get a clone.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got my AK seeds in 2000 and it is some of the most potent stinky herb that I have. I have kept a mother for all of that time. I haven't tried the "newer version", maybee that's why it's not living up to the hype. I think the older seeds definitely do in my opinion.

hoodini

I have purchased 2 packs of Serious Seeds AK-47 and am unhappy with both purchases. Like most of your reports I didnt have one girl that was very stinky. Bag appeal was average but I did have a couple that got pretty frosty for me. Smoke was pretty potent but I dont think I'll be purchasing any more expensive 10 pack of beans from Serious again.

Latest posts

Latest posts