What's new

After 6 years, it begins.. Nirvana White Rhino, Widow & Mazar - 400W CMH

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
anyway, as far as watering goes...is it better to keep the soil for seedlings moist constantly, or let it dry out, water, dry out, water, etc.?

Consensus is that cycles of wet an dry are best. They shouldn't need to be watered that frequently now.

Veg/Flower. i see people talk like "I vegged my plants for 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc."...does this mean they attempted to flower the plant 2 weeks after planting a seed, or does this mean something else?

It is confused because a lot of people are flowering clones. Vegging rooted clones for 2 weeks is a lot different than vegging seed plants for 2 weeks as the clones are way mature.

i'm now realizing that seedlings are in a stage of their own, then you veg, then you flower...or am i wrong?

Yeah - seedling stage is its own separate thing IMO, but when I count veg times for seed grows I do it from sprout.

Pine

Cyber9

yah the seedling stage is like a month... And as for plant size... I vegged some blue cheese for a month and it over grew my tent, i had 4 big plants in the end... I started with 6 females... 2 got screwed on light and the others over took them.

Stevius

Lookin good KMK!!!

Gonna keep an eye on this one.

Hopefully we will se soon some update with pics :D

Wish you luck! :wave:

K

KMK0420

thanks guys, pics will be coming in the next few days...

any idea why seedlings will be falling over? i have 2/11 that are "leaning" and resting on the side of the styrofoam cup... i let them dry out (havent watered) and am going to get spring water right now. could that be underwatering?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
any idea why seedlings will be falling over? i have 2/11 that are "leaning" and resting on the side of the styrofoam cup... i let them dry out (havent watered) and am going to get spring water right now. could that be underwatering?

I don't really know. Hopefully it is drought induced wilting that will be cured with some water. If it is this they should perk up right away (within hours). It would be a bad sign if they didn't perk up and there is some discoloration and narrowing at the base of the stem as these would be indications of damping off. Lets hope it isn't this.

Post some pics.

Pine

K

KMK0420

FUCK. at least it's only 2 or 3, not the entire thing...i hope its just somthing simple like underwatering..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

K

KMK0420

should i add some more soil to help support the stems on the ones leaning, and i also hear about chamomile tea incase it is damping off?

i guess the next few hours will tell...

K

KMK0420

added some more soil as the soil has compacted itself and lost about 1" depth... on top of that, it doesnt look like they are responding to the watering. the soil is holding the stems up, i'll give it a day or so to see how things progress...

if it IS damping off, is there any way i can salvage those that are showing signs/prevent it on the other seedlings?

Stevius

Ah KMK... If you would see what I have done with my lady (it is the only one I have) you would be surprised.
Dont worry... Just TALK TO YOUR PLANTS! It helps. A lot! If you dont believe me, ask any experienced grower! Good vibe/energy is the most important thing they need.

Keep on growin! :joint:

K

KMK0420

Ah KMK... If you would see what I have done with my lady (it is the only one I have) you would be surprised.
Dont worry... Just TALK TO YOUR PLANTS! It helps. A lot! If you dont believe me, ask any experienced grower! Good vibe/energy is the most important thing they need.

thanks bud, i'm not too worried. even if i lost 3, im still down to 8. all i need is 1 female! even with just 1, i can LST and throw into a 5+ gallon... i just hope it isnt a fungus attack, and this is just the first stage :( i hope not

Stevius

No worries mate.... I am almost the same as you. Spent so much time reading and now... well... I dont have a "grow" but it is my only little plant I have... and it is a female!

It is all about :ying:

Wish you the best luck mate!

Cyber9

Dude go get some drinking straws and cut them the lenght of the stem and then cut the straw down the side, so you have a "sleave"

Put the straw around your stems to hold your lil guys up... Looks like you got a lil streaching to me, the straws should fix things up for you..:joint:

K

KMK0420

thanks for the tips guys...good look on the straw idea!

those styrofoam cups were to the top full with dirt almost...i guess over time, watering a few times, the soil got compacted (which i should have prewatered...duh) but i filled the cups up with more dirt, covering a portion of the stems (which will give them more stability)... i gotta charge my camera battery, so pics later tonight prob!

i didn't realize seedlings took a good month to get rooted and grow to a decent size... they're on 24/0 right now. in about a month i'll switch up to 18/6, then 12/12 obv for flowering (if i make it there)

weird part is, my setup DOMINATES my thoughts all day... almost like a mix of happiness and paranoia, where i'm out at say walmart shopping...trying to focus on what i need is tough with thoughts such as (what if shit catches fire? are they still alive? how are the temperatures?) going through my head constantly...even at work my leg goes up and down during the last few hours constantly, waiting to see how much they grew since 9 hours earlier (lmao)

excitement, paranoia, worry, joy, amazement...every day! do you all do the same thing, or do you completely forget about it until you're actually IN the garden?

K

KMK0420

i remember hearing this back on Overgrow..

is it the noise vibrations or the carbon dioxide we exhale? lol

K

KMK0420

update on the plants (they are looking much better after a spring water watering [rather than tap] )...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cyber9

Hahaha yah, I was like that when i first started.. wanted to tell EVERYONE but couldnt tell ANYONE it sucked lol

Heh i dunno Im sure the carbon dioxide helps a bit... I dunno but i got some bob marley playing on a loop with some lil speakers... I'd like to think it helps :D

K

KMK0420

Hahaha yah, I was like that when i first started.. wanted to tell EVERYONE but couldnt tell ANYONE it sucked lol

Heh i dunno Im sure the carbon dioxide helps a bit... I dunno but i got some bob marley playing on a loop with some lil speakers... I'd like to think it helps :D

lol, what if they prefer steely dan? lol

K

KMK0420

you and me both!

a few things i noticed..

one plant has this whiteish blemish on one leaf, almost like mildew? it occured after i misted the plants one day. maybe they're too young for that... the one other plant shows signs of burn spots...i'm guessing this was from spraying them while the lights were on? did it for days with no issues, until yesterday...i'll refrain from misting until i switch to 18/6 that way i can do it during the dark period/no sun burns

Stevius

you and me both!

a few things i noticed..

one plant has this whiteish blemish on one leaf, almost like mildew? it occured after i misted the plants one day. maybe they're too young for that... the one other plant shows signs of burn spots...i'm guessing this was from spraying them while the lights were on? did it for days with no issues, until yesterday...i'll refrain from misting until i switch to 18/6 that way i can do it during the dark period/no sun burns

Tiny little droops work like magnifying glass and can cause burns. I spray my ladie only at night.... when the sun goes down :smoker:

I mostly spray under the leaves, other side.... plants LOVE THIS!