What's new

African Strains

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I received some Tanzanian Magic seeds in 2006-2007 and I LOST them! :dunno: Some how I always end up losing some of my seeds. I could ask around, I know a guy who had the strain some years ago, maybe he reproduced it. The "leaves pencil slim" quote surely got my attention.

Their Malawi, Rooibaard and Ethiopian should be safe. Actually the Transkei is the only one I never heard of since.

osoloco69

I have noticed some kanga___ strain floating north of the bay and it's labeled as african. Has anyone else encountered this strain?

rainha Ginga

Ginga don't sell seeds
Veteran
Sierra Leona

DSCF9358.jpg

DSCF9360.jpg

DSCF9362.jpg

DSCF9363.jpg

Peace
Ginga

wotamess

WOOHOO PTG!!! she's looking amazing... any signs of herm?

i collected and sent the seeds of the south african presumed swazi posted above, and grown (beautifully) by ptg... they were collected during a trip home (SA) in 2009/2010 over xmas/ny... they (the 'swazi standard' shown) were all collected from one guy who always bought 'standard swazi' from the same rasta merchant in cape town, and hung on to the seeds.

:D:yes:

-wam-

Kangativa

Veteran
Hi all.....I was just wondering if anybody here can help me. I have just germanated Swazi Skunk, Zambian Copper and Kariba Surprise from African Seeds and I am having trouble finding out much about these strains. So I was wondering, if anybody has grown and smoked them, could they let me know more about them please.......cheers K

S

sativagrower87

original descriptions from african seeds:
Kariba Surprise
Aka: Zimbabwe
The sun sets over the mightly Zambezi river, a fish eagle dips majestically over the water, a herd of elephant join buffalo to drink, in the distance a lion roars. Here in one of Africas last Edens live the Butoka people. Untouched by civilisation, uninfluenced by government they have continued their culture of growing and smoking for many centuries. Plants heaviliy branched, tall, long red and white haired buds up to 2ft long. High THC, CBD absent. Energetic, electric high. Prefers hot outdoor conditions with plenty of water. Very mould resistant.

Flowering Period Outdoors: 10-14 weeks (condition dependent)
Height: 3-4 m (9-12 ft)
Yields: 20-30 oz (600-1000 gr)

Swazi Skunk
Exclusively inbred, never hybridised, 100% sativa. Buds are long with lots of resin, high yields. Seeds selected from special growers in Swaziland. The 'high' will knock your socks off. Still natural, not chemical like some of the other skunk hybrids on the market. Also does well under artificial light. Large bushy plants.

Flowering Period Outdoors: 8-12 weeks (condition dependent)
Flowering Period Indoors: 8-11 weeks
Height: 2-4 m (6-12 ft)
Yields: 20-30 oz (600-1000 gr.)

Zambian Copper
Like the metal that gave Zambia its life blood, zambian copper gave the country its character. Grown widely across the plateau regions of the copper belt this is a substrain similar to malawi but faster flowering. Large branched plants, darker foliage, buds laden with white / redtipped hairs, very large resin coated seed pouches. Strong kickass high similar to malawi. Does well in cooler outdoor climates than malawi gold.

Flowering Period Outdoors: 8-12weeks (condition dependent)
Flowering Period Indoors: 8 weeks
Height: 2-4 m (6-12 ft)
Yields Outdoor: 20-30 oz (600-1000 gr)
Yields Indoor: 2-3 oz
hope this helps:tiphat:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Really nice to see the old African Seeds stock making a come back!! It's the first time I ever saw the Tanzanian grown, I had seeds but lost them.. Keep us updated!

The bambata seems like a surprisingly late flowerer. I'm sure it will mature fast though.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hello All,

The Tanzanian Momma is knocked-up! The first controlled pollination event has gone off without a hitch, seeds bumps can be seen forming all over!:jump: Also, pollinated on lower branches by the Tanzanian Magic Male are, 1-Blue Moonshine, 1-Flo, 2-F-13(one mutant), 2-Pakistan Chitral Kush(one lite purple one almost black), & 2- Golden Tiger. Thats all for now, pics of the momma soon soon!!!
:thank you:AgD:tiphat:

P.S. Anyone know what happen to the guys from African Seeds? Gypsy do you know? I want to give them all a great big HUG!!! We all miss you African Seeds please come back!!!:grouphug:

I think you just helped the "African seeds" come back! Respect!

It seems most of their strains are safe, at least for now. Good job community! ! !

Growing some Eth right now.