What's new

African Strains

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Bushman's rematch

And some curing actual sativa. Was a lot fluffier at first but i compressed it.

rainha Ginga

Ginga don't sell seeds
Veteran
Hola

Congolese
12899Congo2DSCF5758.jpg

12899Congo2DSCF5756.jpg

12899Congo2DSCF5755.jpg

Peace RG

hyposomniac

Veteran
Herbalistic, that's really something unique.. I've been smokin for 18 years and never saw bud like that. Looks like a FERN. I want!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thanks, the Swazi has actually gettin to show something I waited for her on smoke department, so I think I have to give it another go, but now using added UV-B light, which I used small doses=some hours of day on the mummy plant, which really gives you interesting high :chin: Really have to do a proper smokereport very soon :whistling:

:Yoinks Your Congolese stand strong as you Rainha! Gonna get back to ya tomorrow..

Thule, that´s the attitude, rematch with the Bushmen :yes: Im going to do the same with Swazi and I almost did throw the mum away, of course I have shared her, but there´s quite few people here who wanna grow that indoor monster :D

stoned16

That really is a beutiful bud Herbalistic.What kind of difference in the high have you noticed with the uvb light?peace

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah man herbalistic tell us about your findigs with the UVB light!! very interesting indeed!!!! :D :D

Herbalistic said:
Thanks, the Swazi has actually gettin to show something I waited for her on smoke department, so I think I have to give it another go, but now using added UV-B light, which I used small doses=some hours of day on the mummy plant, which really gives you interesting high :chin: Really have to do a proper smokereport very soon :whistling:

Sure that's not a placebo effect herbal? Because just shining some UV-B light on the plants in small doses won't do much of anything.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Ok, now I got two UV-B grows under my belt.... One properly made, one not so..

Bone, I put you PM in nearby days about the subject + some :D

GetMo: Get more into the African strains there are couple good theads representing them among this. Once you find your holy grail arfican / you taste some proper African = IT´s ON :D

Thasick1: Dont know what placebo effect even means, what I do know is that im quite honest when I "report" about my grow´s / findings / improvements. Keep in mind, I only use 250 W hps + that added 22 W spiral like reptile bulb, which output is the maximum they make... Dont wanna argue about the subject at least I have done and seen it and I strongly think added UV-B added more potency, lower flowering time in the form of faster maturing trichs etc..

Wanna keep this pure African thread, but here´s my keeper PP bud, growed with added UV-B bulb.... :D Btw, finished it just how I like now after 59 days..

Fuck I love these fat calyxe´s and guy´s.... The cross I made using this PP as a mum and Destroyer daddy and the testgrow we did with them was taken down by pigs :fsu: I can tell you they were all growing vigorously and were the most stellar of the bunch of my crosses we popped. I love MJ prohibition and the nice drug police that target it´s resources on smalltime cannabis growers -> this for the NARC´s ONLY :jump: Naah, FUCK EM :moon: and sow the seed :joint:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've got a few south african durban poisons from old african seed stock,not sure if there the wild or the cultivated version they used to offer.I'll get a few pics of them once there flowering as i've miss treated them a little in veg,i left em in 3" pots for 5-6 weeks before transplanting them to 5L poly pots and by then they had already shown there sex.
I've also got some rooi bard that need germinating as soon as i've got room.

Those look very tasty herbalistic,this thread won't die whilst there's so many african varieties from all over the continent.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

i think a grow using a 250W is perfect for testing aditional lights like the UV-B.

the low light intensity of the 250 should make it easy to notice the before and after effects :D

in all good experiments and studies, all the parameters are controlled :D im looking forward to the info mate! :D

i think the UVB is not something we will see a visual effect off - rather it should be something happening inside the trichomes or the resin production of the inside of the buds. the UV-B rays are very powerfull and can maybe effect even the chemical compositon of the content of the trichomes and the production of them.

its a rather un-explored area, and i think there is not enough studies about the interaction of light of differetn wavelengths and how it works in the chemistry of the plants, not only for photosynthesis but for resin production aslo.

very interesting subject i think.

edit - all who likes to do trekking or climbing in the mountains have noticed the fact aromatic plants at high altitudes smell a h*ll of a lot stronger than the same plant in a low valley or at sea level..

peace!

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
There are bigger more powerfull UV-b lights like the 300w Osram Ultra-Vitalux ans the ReptileUV Zoo Mega-Ray EB lampwhich comes in 2 flavours, internally ballasted 100 watt lamp, (120 volt or 220 volt) or as an externally ballasted 60 watt lamp with a separate ballast and according to this site UV-b comparisons

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Bone brother.. I think you hit the nail with your previous post!

I havent even thought how much easier is it to compare effect´s / look´s of trichomes with this kind of small grow I do :chin:

I tryed to give that UV-B "naturally" as I understand it :biglaugh:, so plants wake with 250 W hps, hmmm... let´s say 5.00 am and I put the UV-B light on everyday approximately at 9.00 am and kept it till about 4 - 4.15 pm when I took it off and the plants still got at least half an hour of hps light before saying good night :D

With this latest grow, I managed to do it quite steadily, which I think was the key to success :chin:

Yeah bone, your right we dont see that much of the effects of UV-B ray´s without loop, with loop you can actually follow the progression of your precious trichs :wink: This is a good solution for those too, who need to harvest their crop couple weeks earlier, because of some akward situation.. This light really ripe them trichomes up and the potency you get from quick dryed PP nug for example, has been THE BEST I have got in these last couple years Ive been running her, also... The high is more complex I really cannot explain it better -> you got to try yourself and make your own conclusions...

However, I wouldnt recommend to give this light for very early stage flowerers with no visible trichome´s yet. It can do damage for them. Like said, this hasnt been "the most discussed" topic in our belowed community, so im sure majority of the peeps wants "solid" reports from well known breeders etc.. before trying it -> their lost IMHO!!!!

Think about the great gene arsenal that the nation of Dutch got gifted in 80´s for example. Many of these varieties were great before going into the land of wooden shoe´s, but the resulted seeds became lackin of potency & quality of high on the following generations. Why?

My opinion starts to be pretty clear about this subject! Yes, we can blame some of the early Dutch breeders for lousy selection, but taking note the time era this decration happened I would assume they couldnt fuck up great genetics so fast even with VERY lousy selection! Instead.. I think I have quite good theory.. The imported seeds came from outdoor projects, which in Holland was nearly difficult to replicate because of the different climate/weather, so they did their breeding indoors under hps lamps.. You guys starting to get my point?

The selected mother´s & father plants LACKED of UV-B wave´s which resulted with poor selection into boring type of high cannabis we all have sampled in some period of time!

We know that UV-B light will make your plant resins really, really gooey, even after couple days of "treatment" -> my explanation :2cents:

Sorry for the confusing post brothers, but im smoking this YBERHYBER STRONG UV-B LACED cannabis right now :biglaugh: and my thought aint that clear when I start to write them up....

MJmat: Cool to hear you are working with those Africans, really cool to hear. And brother, think a second about giving them UV-B light if doing breeding indoors :wink: Hell, you could even (if you got space) do separate breeding project´s.. In the other space you use added UV-B light and in another you dont -> then grow the offspring and report about your findings!!

Ahh, I love how things are SO rational & easy in text form/theory, while in real world there aint many of us who are willing to do experiments.. Some has to do, it´s the ONLY way to evolve IMHO!

Brother bone, ill get back to your with PM later, but ^thats^ big part of my findings with UV-B light...

Peace :wave:

EDIT: MJmat, didnt notice your latest post with the link -> thank you! However, keep in mind that if you are using added UV-B light you should "monitore" your plants daily, talking about real big doses here, but im sure you do it anyway, at least I think so after looking your beautiful plants time after time..

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Thanks herbalistic,at the mo i'm running a super metal halide in my 600w lumatek and its working like a dream,so i'm going to see if the UV-b in the 600w SuperMH makes any difference in the high/stone/buzz compered to those grown under 600w Super HPS but we'll see.

Herbalistic said:
Ok, now I got two UV-B grows under my belt.... One properly made, one not so..

Bone, I put you PM in nearby days about the subject + some :D

GetMo: Get more into the African strains there are couple good theads representing them among this. Once you find your holy grail arfican / you taste some proper African = IT´s ON :D

Thasick1: Dont know what placebo effect even means, what I do know is that im quite honest when I "report" about my grow´s / findings / improvements. Keep in mind, I only use 250 W hps + that added 22 W spiral like reptile bulb, which output is the maximum they make... Dont wanna argue about the subject at least I have done and seen it and I strongly think added UV-B added more potency, lower flowering time in the form of faster maturing trichs etc..

Wanna keep this pure African thread, but here´s my keeper PP bud, growed with added UV-B bulb.... :D Btw, finished it just how I like now after 59 days..

Fuck I love these fat calyxe´s and guy´s.... The cross I made using this PP as a mum and Destroyer daddy and the testgrow we did with them was taken down by pigs :fsu: I can tell you they were all growing vigorously and were the most stellar of the bunch of my crosses we popped. I love MJ prohibition and the nice drug police that target it´s resources on smalltime cannabis growers -> this for the NARC´s ONLY :jump: Naah, FUCK EM :moon: and sow the seed :joint:

placebo effect

noun
any effect that seems to be a consequence of administering a placebo; the change is usually beneficial and is assumed result from the person's faith in the treatment or preconceptions about what the experimental drug was supposed to do

marijuanamat said:
There are bigger more powerfull UV-b lights like the 300w Osram Ultra-Vitalux ans the ReptileUV Zoo Mega-Ray EB lampwhich comes in 2 flavours, internally ballasted 100 watt lamp, (120 volt or 220 volt) or as an externally ballasted 60 watt lamp with a separate ballast and according to this site UV-b comparisons

The reptileUV Zoo Mega-Ray is the one i used.. from what i've heard anything less is too weak to replicate the UV-B rays coming from the sun.. especially near the equator

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
MJmat: I think you are going to be very pleased with your results mat. However, dont know about the size of your grow, but have you thought adding 1 UV-B "spiral" bulb / 1-2 plants to your grow? Im after the intensity you can reach with these low heat bulbs at the mid to end stages of flowering :chin:

Thasick1: Thanks for clarifying.. Im still behind my previous words about the effects I got with it. Like I said, that PP is my keeper cut and has been for awhile -> this grow produced most potent bud of all the grows!

I think intensity plays big role in this, not the amount if it isnt intensive enough :chin:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Nothing but love back to you Doc, welcome to "our tribe" :wave:

Would love to see those mini Malawi´s in full effect, so to speak :wink: